All reviewshot tubswimming poolloch nesson arrivalcleaning productstennis balllovely woodland settingbedroom lodgeco opsmall siterelaxing weekfire pitrural locationbadminton courtmilk in the fridgeminute drivewell equipped kitchen
Reviewed 23 August 2016

What a great place to start our first visit of Scotland. Staff made us feel very welcome. The lodge was perfect. Very clean and the view........ Lodges are complete, nothing was missing. Good shower, good beds, complete kitchen. Loved the little touches in the decoration. Good location for day trips. Lots of wildlife. Great for kids. We even used the rainy day store once to get a game. Wifi is indeed "rural", but the location is too pretty to be spending time on your iPad so who cares. We loved it and hope to be able to come back soon.

Stayed: August 2016
1  Thank Monique B
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

Good experience

Just stopped here with a load of family and I will try and weigh up the pros and cons of the lodges.

Pros
Rooms are pretty clean and laid out ok. Some of the lodges look like they might have recently had a new kitchen and bathroom and these are clean and look good.

Bedrooms good, beds comfortable so you can get a good nights sleep. We was in A2 so luckily away from the main road that can be a bit noisy.

Swimming pool, jacuzzis, tennis courts all ok.

Cons
Location, wouldn't stop here again it's away from everything. It would have been nice to have been near a pub, a good walk or some form of entertainment. Thought about hiring bikes or fishing gear but, having to drive about and get it and take it back kind of takes away from the experience.

Wifi is more annoying than anything, there might as well not be one here and you would just have to deal with it. You get no phone signal for a couple of miles so your cut of from any form of outside communication. They're appears to be 2 available wifi signals. One just doesn't work, the other works very intermittently and slower than dial up.

Layout of the living room is poor and the sofas in A2 are uncomfortable little leather 2 sweaters like the ones from IKEA that look nice but you can't sit and relax on.

Overall a good experience if I wasn't with good company and hadn't made the most of travelling daily to see stuff like (Ben Nevis 2hrs e/w , Eileen Donan Castle 2hrs e/w, Glen Affric 1hrs e/w, Abriachan Forest 30min e/w, Dornoch Beach 1hrs e/w) then it would have been average.

If your happy with the travelling and want good clean accommodation then I would recommend. If you want wifi and to be able to do stuff without your car I wouldn't recommend.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

This is a lovely place. Only 15 lodges in total and plenty of space between lodges unlike many other holiday sites I've been too. The lodges are spacious and clean and come with towels bedding washing up products and bathroom products even your dog will get a treat on arrival. The lodges with hot tubs are fairly well screened and your little garden hot tub area is lovely to sit in on an evening. The onsite pool is not huge but is warm and clean and there is a well stocked rainy day store with board games etc in. I really enjoyed my stay here and would love to go back in fact I'd quite like to live here.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank kirstie20152015
Reviewed 16 July 2016

I was looking for somewhere that was central to Inverness for touring the Highlands. I was travelling with my partner, my sister and my brother so we needed at least 3 rooms. I came across Kiltarlity Lodges through Hoseasons and thought 'why not'
How impressed were we? The Lodge was clean, warm, had the comfiest beds I've slept in in a long time. It had everything we needed in the kitchen and elsewhere. It had really nice touches such as mirrors, shelves and hooks in all the right places, shampoo and conditioner, and milk in the fridge so you could have a cuppa when you got there.
The park itself is small but has a pool, a childrens play area, a fire pit and even a tennis court. We loved it! Thank you Erin it was worth the drive from the Borders.

Room Tip: These are self catering chalets but they're really nice
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Jan R
Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights with a family of 4. The cabins are newly refurbished. Modern decor and a well equipped kitchen. Towels, soaps, shampoo, kitchen towels and sponges all provided.

Our cabin is very clean, well maintained apart from a couple of very minor issues like rattling extractor fan in the kitchen and creaky bed. If any more than 2 people shower in a row, hot water will need to be left to recharge.

The cabins are very warm. You'll probably need to crack a window at night. Staff are friendly and helpful. The games cupboard is well equipped although the badminton court is in need of some attention as nature is reclaiming it.

The pool is a reasonably good size, never crowded while we were there, well lit, nice and warm, clean with male and female changing rooms for privacy, showers provided.

WiFi is a bit patchy with the occasional disconnect. Not terrible and speeds are good when it's connected.

The grounds, play area and communal areas are well looked after. The wooded area is very quiet and peaceful.

All in all, a very nice stay. One or two minor issues but I'd happily return. Thanks to the staff for helping us settle in on our arrival.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family