All reviews short drive full kitchen comfortable beds gros morne big falls deer lake great service the owner airport newfoundland rick appliances winter fishing units bbq convenience
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at lushs cottages several times over the years and was impressed. However when I came to lushs last week I noticed that there was dog poop by steps. Next was a party that kept us up well past mid night. Next day went to discuss this with owner and he pulled out his cell phone and ignored me. Oh well I'll stay at rocky brook from now on

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LushsCottages, Owner at Lush's Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

We are very sorry your stay was not as enjoyable as before. It was Canada Day so I guess that's why there was a party next door. We would have gladly asked them to keep it down had you informed us, we did not receive any complaints. The owner of the dogs are suppose to scoop but obviously we scan on a regular basis, sorry about that. There was no intent to ignore anyone, unfortunate you didn't wait until the call was over or speak to another staff member with your concerns. If you want to call us back, we can discuss further and we could offer you a discount on your next stay to for your troubles.

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

We found this place in a panic when we realized all the hotels in Deer Lake were booked. We arrived late but the owner didn't mind, she came over and had a chat along with some people staying in the cabin next to us. We had three dogs with us and that wasn't an issue unlike most other places. The cabin was quaint, it had all the necessities needed for a stay, and the bed was comfy. Great value for price! Glad we found Lush's and we will return next time we're on the west coast!

Date of stay: September 2016
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights. Cabin we stayed in smelled musty, damp and like cigarettes. Our appliances were all white but stained yellow the BBQ has a $3.00 charge per use which is pretty ridiculous since the place is almost $100 per night. My Cabin was on the end so I couldn't get any wifi and there's no fire pit or anything which I was expecting to have in a cabin. In my opinion if you're just stopping over for a night or looking for a cabin with low expectations then it will get you out of a jam but I wouldn't stay here again. I'd rather spend the extra money and stay at the Holiday Inn in deer lake or Rocky Brook cottages are much nicer just down the road( we had friends stay there the same time we did).

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LushsCottages, Owner at Lush's Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Lush's Cottages is now under new ownership and we no longer charge a fee for the BBQ's. We have also started some renovations and have done a thorough cleaning of all our units. We have a no smoking policy in place as well. Unfortunately we do not have space to have a fire pit for every cottage but we do have a new pit installed in our field, with horse shoe pits and some kids toys as well.

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

My family stayed here for four nights. Very clean and well kept cottages. The owners are quiet, nice and leave you alone. Kitchen comes fully stocked with plates dishes and pots and pans. Overall a good experience

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2016

We spent 3 nights at Lush's Cottages which was a great location to enable me to fish the Humber River, a short distance away. Accomodations were basic but adequate and clean. Good value. I will stay there again in future.

Room tip: All cabins have a great view.
Date of stay: July 2016