“Incredible horse experience”

Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Buccoo
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Being-with-horses & Healing with HORSES Let us give you some INFO: We currently offer our trail-swim combination. This special 2 hour experience is a joyful one for both horses and riders, including first timers who have never spent time with horses. Excellent guidance and instruction makes it possible for all riders to be at ease. After introducing the horses to our guests (at which point each rider chooses his/her 'team partner' horse), we take everyone through Buccoo Village, past the goat race track and through the wetland mangroves to the beach FOR A LONG BEACH RIDE to the END of Buccoo BAY where we then swim with the horses along the shore . Everybody needs to make their booking in advance due to limited space. ---->we go out 5 days a week ---> once a day. EITHER 9am - 11am or 3pm - 5pm Let us know when you like to go out - we will check availability ...!!! Thanks!!! HEART HUGS FROM the herd in BUCCOO Tobago Veronika & Lennon Have a JOYFUL day!
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

If you are coming to Tobago you should book in advance a ride with the Healing with Horses team. We are currently living in Trinidad and we’re told by friends to do this as an activity. Whilst my sister was visiting from the states we booked Tobago as a holiday getaway and made a point to schedule the horse experience. Meeting Veronika and Lennon was like meeting family. They were open, warm and genuinely love their horses. They told us all about their organization and the horses they care for. The horses choose you for a ride, you do not choose a horse. It’s really a great set up and I felt entirely safe. My 12 and 15 year old daughters loved it and can’t wait to fly back over to go again.

They do have lockers to put your personal items in. I brought my GoPro to take photos but highly recommend just letting the professional photographer do all the work. It was completely worth it to get the over 300 images she took for only $50 US. Trust me as I am a photo nut and live to capture memories. The photographer did an awesome job getting memory making photos of all of us. We have some incredible photos and the horses are never in danger nor were we as riders. In fact, the horses ride bitless and without saddles or stirrups. I think they could walk the trail with their eyes closed.

Being in the water and feeling the horses swimming under you is an indescribable feeling. It was simply breathtaking to feel the horse move freely. You will get wet and is FUN!

I can’t wait to return as this place is really a fantastic business that does so much for kids with disabilities and the owners genuinely care for their four legged family members. Give it a go when you visit. It’s completely out of this world!

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"special needs"
"great pictures"

Reviewed 3 April 2018

An incredible experience with Veronika, Lennon, and their crew. Truly magical. Our time together flew by and I cannot recommend them highly enough! A must-do when in Tobago!!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Have you ever forgotten what it truly meant to be happy and free? I had not realize it
until I met a horse named Aberdeen who chose me to ride with him. The place was very serene. Our hosts were very beautiful and kind ppl. This experience made me feel beautiful things that I thought were long forgotten. I was so happy that tears of joy could not stop flowing. It was the 1st time in a while that I truly felt free. I will be back. Much love. If you are like me, going threw a lot in life and need an escape, pay my friends here a visit. There is nothing to lose.

1  Thank ssc19922016
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

This place is amazing. The work they do here is just fantastic. The horses are just so relaxed and that just makes you relaxed too. Even if you’ve never ridden or are a bit shy of horses this is for you.. What an experience, riding and swimming on these beautiful creatures, bareback!! Can’t thank Veronica and her staff enough, we will be back, with some more friends!!