Anchorage Inn(St. John's)
US$102
US$80
Hotels.com
Caribbean Holiday Apartments(St. John's)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$76
Antigua's Yepton Estate Cottages(St. John's)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$138
Antigua Village(St. John's)
US$144
The Catamaran Hotel(St. John's)(Great Value!)
US$105
Travelocity
Antigua Seaview(St. John's)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$504
Jumby Bay Island(St. John's)
US$1,175
US$1,140
  • Breakfast included
Antigua Villa(St. John's)
bedfinder
All reviewscoconut grovedickenson bayself cateringliving roomfull kitchenla bussolalaundry roomfree laundrysmall kitchenquiet endrestaurants within walking distancewednesday and fridayown mealssmall resortfront officeislands in the caribbeancomfortable rooms
Reviewed 25 July 2017

This is the 4th time I've stayed at the Buccaneer with my family. The location is perfect, the rooms are well equipped if you want to stay in and cook and the staff are so welcoming, nothing is too much trouble.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Malcolm N
Reviewed 21 July 2017

We had a large party fly down for a wedding. Most of of us stayed at Buccaneer Beach Club. It was soo nice! The staff are amazing and were very kind to us. The rooms are more apartment style. So you have a bedroom, living room, with small kitchen. There is a fridge and small stove top. So if you don't want to eat out all of the time, you can prepare you own meals. You can walk just out the gate to a beautiful beach. There are several nearby restaurants and supermarkets. Coconut Grove was a hit for Happy Hour!

Room Tip: Check that the Fridge works well before buying groceries.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank carolb23
Reviewed 8 July 2017

I've stayed at Buccaneer numerous times now over the past two years and the staff make me feel like I have come home every time I arrive. They are professional and friendly and willing to help if the need arises, which is seldom.
The room is a self-contained apartment which is great for me as I want to feel at home when I am traveling for business and not trapped in a hotel room. The decor is modern and comfortable and the housekeeping staff keep it spotless, which makes it more inviting to come back to after a long day of work. I like the option of having the room open-air with fans on or when needed having a/c units throughout to keep cool. There's a pool, and you are steps from the beach which is great for walking or running to keep fit, and safe to swim in. Restaurants are nearby (walking distance and short drives), as well as supermarkets being between five to ten minutes away by car. Even the movie theater is seven to ten minutes away if want to catch the latest movie.
I will continue to stay at Buccaneer whenever I go to Antigua.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Brian T
mbuccaneer, Manager at Buccaneer Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear Brian,
the best result for us is when we manage to make our guests feel at home.
so thank you for your comment, it will be a pleasure to have you here again next time you are in Antigua.
sdb

Reviewed 21 June 2017

First off I have to thank the manager, Simonetta. I had to postpone my trip on the day that I was supposed to check in and ended up changing my dates 3 times and shortening my stay. But Simonetta and her staff was so understanding to my situation.

This hotel was more than I expected. My garden view villa was perfect. The living room was spacious enough for my 2 year old, who enjoyed watching Nickelodeon whilst his dad watched basketball in the bedroom. The kitchenette was well equipped and the daily room service ensured that the towels were changed and the villa spotless. The pool was cleaned every morning and the temperature was always just right!

Each day I looked forward to walking through the garden and onto the beach. The view of the sunset was breath taking. My family and I had breakfast at Coconut Grove, the beach front restaurant next door. For lunch and dinner we often ventured into St John's. We even rode horses on the beach nearby. We really enjoyed this trip and wish we could have stayed longer. We hope to return and stay at the beach front cottage.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
mbuccaneer, Manager at Buccaneer Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Dear Joycelyn,
thank you for your kind feedback.
I am very glad that you had a good time at Buccaneer Beach Club.
As your stay was shorter than originally planned, we hope to have you here again in the future!
best regards from sunny Antigua
simonetta

Reviewed 13 June 2017

If you are looking for an off-beat stay in Antigua, then you must consider the Buccaneer Beach Club. The rates are quite reasonable, the rooms are spacious and clean, the garden is lovely, the pool is just right, the beach is just there through the garden, there's cold soda and beer in the fridge in the office, and there's a beachfront bar and restaurant directly next door. What more could you possibly want?
Well, if you do want more then maybe you should stay at a resort - there are plenty of those on Antigua - but if you are able to make do with the basics, then you will be happy here.
If you are staying more than a couple of days, be sure to stop at the grocery store on the way from the airport. Some guides mention a local grocery - there is no longer such a thing - and the big store is too far to walk. Rooms at the Buccaneer have refrigerators, and there is a gazebo in the garden with a grill for you to cook on, so take advantage and pick up your snacks (and wine and beer or whatever) in advance!
The staff are wonderful - they are very helpful and friendly, and can be counted on for advice on what to do and see on this lovely island. They will call you a cab or get you reservations at a restaurant, and in the office they maintain an excellent (and multi-lingual) library of beach reading, besides the handy snacks, soda and beer.
The restaurant next door (Coconut Grove) is excellent for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and can be quite a lively spot at night as well. Reservations aren't usually necessary, but it never hurts because there are times when it's packed. It's a great place for people-watching, and you get a beautiful sunset here as well. During the day, the birds will steal from your plate if you leave your food alone for too long, but I never had that problem because the food is good, and it didn't stay around long enough for the birds.
The Buccaneer's garden is quite lush, with a variety of palms (clearly labeled for the curious) and a wonderful Bougainvillea overhanging the pool. It is much more verdant than the photographs indicate, and both pool and garden are extremely private and quiet (well, other than the birds, which chatter away constantly.) You'll see hummingbirds every day as they go about the business of drinking nectar overhead.
There is plenty to do on Antigua, and the Buccaneer is a super base to operate from. If you like snorkeling you'll want to visit other beaches for coral and fish, but the water here can be just fine on a still, clear day. If you are a fan of fish & chips then do plan on getting dinner at the Chippy truck which parks just next to the hotel a couple of nights a week. Great fish & chips, ice cold beer, and a really interesting crowd, and if you don't want a crowd, you can take the food back to the hotel and eat al fresco in the gazebo.
The Buccaneer Beach Club is an ideal getaway for the independent traveler.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EuroCarib
mbuccaneer, Manager at Buccaneer Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Dear Euro Carib,

thank you for your detailed and very precise description and comment.
this is the kind of review that other people appreciate as it contains so many detailed information.
we are happy that you liked the size and privacy of Buccaneer Beach Club and of course we hope to have you now among our good repeater customers!
simonetta