“Even better vibe then advertised!”

Ranked #82 of 251 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Selection beyond Arturo Fuente is just okay, but the sticks are well taken care of and the owners really do go out of their way to accommodate their guests. Opus X is best high end bet. Great spot to catch a smoke and support a locally owned small business.

Reviewed 24 January 2017

After a few days of beach and great weather, I needed to fall into the Full-on relax mode and enjoy a cigar. When I got to Batik, it was as if I had been a member or frequenting the place for years. Everyone was friendly. The owners all greeted me and invited me back that evening for great music, homemade food and stogies. Yes, you go to Aruba for the weather, but when you find a place that makes you feel at home .... you want to go back for more than just the weather. Small nice clean place.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

Mara and Patricia make everyone feel like family when you walk in through the doors to this AIR CONDITIONED cigar bar. The cigar selection is not just for those folks looking for Cubans, but for those who prefer Dominican, Nicaraguan and Honduran tobacco as well.

I sampled a cigar manufactured in Cost Rica while at the shop (I think it was called JG?), good medium-full bodied cigar and different then what I've smoked before. Ask for it. I think you will find it worth the time (lightly peppery and earthy all the way through. Great with bourbon, scotch or tequila).

They also sell the Aruban cigar at their shop (so no need to head all the way up to the Windmill to get one to try). These cigars are for the folks liking a mild smoke (think Macanudo); also worth a try if you like lighter bodied cigars.

Spend some time to get to know the women who run this fine establishment. They are charming, entertaining and love to meet new cigar enthusiasts! They are more than simply retailers looking to sell to tourists at this place. They really do take the time to get to know EVERYONE at their shop. Many locals go here to smoke their cigars instead of the other shops- primarily due to Patricia and Mara- we love you guys!

1  Thank JohnH11838
Reviewed 14 July 2016

Good quality cigars and knowledge staff. Beware that you must spend at lease $20 to use debit! My husband bought a few cigars for himself and several to bring home as gifts.

Reviewed 21 January 2016

I don't smoke cigars, but we were recommended to visit this bar by Diamonds International as we had to kill an hour: very glad we did! The lovely Raiza chatted as she made her authentic Mojito in front of us. The bar is small and people may smoke cigars inside, but if that bothers you, there are a couple of tables outside, however that would be a shame as the real atmosphere is inside. The customers consisted of smartly dressed locals who seemed happy to engage in conversation (one was a Senator) and talk about Aruba. FC Barcelona memorabilia, spirit bottles and cigars forms the decor. See my photo of Raiza!