“Always very good”

Smokey Joe's
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Reviewed 19 May 2018

I've eaten here 7 times over 2 years and i've never had a bad meal. Sure, its pricey as is every restaurant in Aruba. But, very few places i've been are as consistently good..........and i'm not even a rib eater. I love the jerk chicken and grilled shrimp. The only reason I don't give this 5 stars is that its pretty bare bones in terms of decor/atmosphere, and they have the worst mac and cheese ever.

Date of visit: May 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (4,466)

Reviewed 18 May 2018

Funny -- this was my first trip to Aruba; and I was told how nice every one is/was on the Island. I would agree completely -- except for the wait staff at Smokey Joe's. They know the place will pack in regardless, so they leave their niceness and manners at home. That said, the FOOD, DRINKS, LOCATION & AREA were fabulous; and I would go back, even with the less than kind wait staff -- because good help is hard to find, even on an Island , I guess.

1  Thank Aller3
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

This place is great american style food. I visit at least twice every time we come. I always get the fish and chips, which is the best i have ever had.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

As soon as we set foot in Aruba my husband said Tuesday's is rib night we gotta go to Smokey Joe's. My husband had the ribs and loved every bit of it this place is always busy and is a must try.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Had dinner last night with the two kids, portions were large, had an order of the full slab ribs and an order of jerk chicken, both with rice and beans and house salad ($3 up charge). Kids had the kids meal with macaroni and cheese (more of a casserole) and ribs and rice. Jerk chicken was amazing, ribs were good, macaroni was dry and just ok. I asked for a mojito, but got a mango/jalapeño mojito which was not for me. No service charge was added to the check, but still left the standard 20% tip.