“Made anniversary great!!”
Review of Madame Janette

Madame Janette
Price range: US$9 - US$49
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The food here is spectacular!! This is our second visit and it was even better than we remembered. They sat us at the table in front of the entertainment so we could hear and see the musicians. The volume was just right. My wife had the spaghetti and chicken special and she said it was the best she had ever had. My surf and turf was cooked perfect as well. They brought us a special anniversary dessert and of course the plate said happy anniversary in chocolate so that was also special. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. This is why we come to Madame Janette's each time we visit Aruba.

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (6,498)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Celebrated my wife’s birthday with another great experience at what has become one of our most favorite restaurants on the Island. We always found the service to be excellent as well as the quality and quantity of the food. They gave us complimentary glasses of Prosecco and a desert and sang happy birthday, which was much more than we expected.

We always make it a point to go early in the evening (before 7) before they get real crowded so we always get to choose a quieter table along one of the sides. Also, the servers have more time to spend with you. After 7:30 the restaurant starts to fill up, as does the noise level.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Have been visiting Aruba since 1981 and enjoying MJ’s since they first opened. MJ is an open air restaurant with no air conditioning...so if there is no breeze it can get a bit warm. The food, service, ambiance and friendly servers make for a winning experience!!!

My favorite dish is the Almond encrusted Grouper which is delicious and quite large...my wife the last 2 visits had a Chilean Sea Bass special which was amazing. The menu is quite large with choices to satisfy every palate.

We dined on Saturday nite and they had a husband/wife duo singing which made for lovely background music during our meal.

A visit to Aruba is not complete without a visit to an Aruba favorite....MJ’s.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We had dinner here our first full night in Aruba. The atmosphere is like being in someone's back yard, which is great in theory. Until the trees continually drop leaves and debris in your food and drinks. Also it doesn't offer much protection (none) from the very bitey bugs of Aruba.
Food wise, I had the schnitzel. It was massive, the size of the plate and tasteless, and rather tough. The famous potato gratin, one of my favorite foods ever, was kind of gross. It was barely room temperature, sweet and otherwise flavorless. My husband had the steak and he said it was okay. But just okay. I didn't bother with dessert. I was expecting to be wowed, and I'm sad that didn't happen.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Seating is outside in a very nice setting but there will be many tourists and few, if any locals. The restaurant seats quite a few, and the staff is friendly and attentive. The food was more expensive than most places we ate at, but it was good.