Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$405
US$195
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$541
US$469
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Boardwalk Hotel Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$293
US$169
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$196/night.

Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$309
Aruba Cunucu Residence(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$65
Orbitz.com
Barcelo Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$516
US$415
HotelsClick
  • Pool
Hotel Riu Palace Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$638
US$579
Priceline
  • Pool
Beach House Aruba Apartments(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$170
Hotels.com
US$566
US$499
Cancelon
3,764 results
All reviewssea breezeocean toweroceanside barseabreeze restaurantplatinum memberall inclusive packageocean frontoceanfront roompelican pierwait in linekids cluball inclusive planother resortsrestaurants and barstowel hutitalian restaurantfamily vacation
Reviewed 17 February 2018

Amazingly friendly staff, managers who care & are visible, constantly updating accommodations to suit your needs. Great restaurants, updated gym, clean surroundings and gorgeous beach. Staying here feels like home.

Room Tip: Great views await from any room
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank CLAnj
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear CLAnj,
Masha danki for your recent stay with us and for sharing your experience. We are so happy to know you had a great stay. We hope to see you back again soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 February 2018

First, This was my first trip to Aruba and by far the best island I have ever been too and will be back. The weather is awesome and the people are just great.This is a secret gem that the people who come here just keep coming back. I can't tell you how many people we met that had been coming here for 10, 15, 20 years in a row. The island is safe, there are NOT locals trying to sell you stuff everywhere you go. This island "gets it" and does a wonderful job taking care of the guests. There are also some excellent restaurants with in walking distance of the hotel or a quick cab ride away.

Back to the Holiday Inn- We had booked 8 ocean front rooms six months ago in the renovated tower. When I went to check in, here is the problem...no front desk staff can make any changes without getting a manager involved. I had waited 30 mins just to get to my first person and they automatically said "I will have to speak with a manager". That took another 15 mins. Then I was told we didn't have to rooms we booked but they could put us in the older building. The room was old and worn out so we had to move again. All and all the check in took over an hour and a half. Not the way you want to start your vacation.

The Beach and pool areas are wonderful,the people and guest are all great. The hotel needs a big renovation or I think people will start going other places even if it cost more. The casino and central area should be closed and redone ASAP, it's just worn and outdated. Go up the beach to the Hyatt or Marriott. This is a nice place for families with smaller kids, the pools are wonderful and the ocean is awesome. Go and enjoy!! Quick tip. If you want a great breakfast for 1/2 the price, go to the beach and walk to the right up to Mombo's, it's 200 yards away. They have a nice thatched roofed place for food and drinks right on the beach. The breakfast buffet is only $12.95.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room, the old rooms are really worn.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Phil J
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Hello Phil J,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us the above feedback. I am glad that you loved your first visit to Aruba and I hope you got the chance to enjoy what the island has to offer. While it's great that the beach and pool areas met your expectations, I am sorry the you felt that the hotel condition was below par and the check-in process inefficient.

IHG continually aims for your stays with us to be complete and this entails modern and comfortable place for you to stay. I have shared your comments with the hotel management as reference to improve the services we offer.

I hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you back on your next stay with us.

Best Regards,

Clayton G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 17 February 2018

I traveled there alone to escape my hectic pace. Mission accomplished.. This was done with the help of an excellent staff and location. Rosi at the front desk was on top of everything and always had a caring way about her. I hope your parade was excellent this weekend I think?Gilbert and Hubert were also excellent as was the entire staff. I met Kevin, the General Manager in the lobby my second morning there and would find him there every morning. It was quite impressive how endearing he was to his guests and them to him. It was like family. "see you next year" could have been the anthem. The beach and property were excellent.There were several couples that i met at the beach that returned every year that treated me as warmly. It was an overdue download for me and I will be back with my family. I planned on renting a car from the hotel if I needed it but I was on the sand daily and excellent restaurants were within a short walk. Thanks to all.

Room Tip: Main Building
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Steve S
HIResortAruba, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Dear Steve S,
Island regards,

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Dates: Jan 30 - Feb 6, 2018
Travellers: 2 adults (35 years) and 2 children (ages 3.5 years & 11 months)

We travelled to Aruba for the first time and stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort Aruba. We chose the Holiday Inn upon recommendation from a family member who happened to be our travel agent and often travels to Aruba. She assured us it was perfect for families with young children. We chose to do the all-inclusive plan because it was only a price difference of $400CND total for two adults (kids stay and eat free).

CHECK-IN:
We arrived on a Tuesday and there were only a few other guests checking in the same time we were. No issues. It was relatively quick. The hotel didn't provide a map of the resort, which we would have appreciated though.

ROOM:
We stayed in the Ocean Tower, room 6420 with two double beds (Queen beds would be ideal for sharing though). First impression, the room was a bit tired and in need of refresher. I had read a number of travellers’ reviews making note of a musty smell in the rooms. Yes, I have to agree, the rooms (or maybe just ours) had a old, musty smell. What I think would help is a ceiling fan and removing the carpeting. HOWEVER, we overlooked the main pool area which also had a partial view of the OCEAN! We didn’t expect to have this so it was a lovely surprise!

Note:
- Theme nights often occur adjacent to the pool, so wasn’t always the quietest. The room’s A/C can often drown out the music from outside, but just something to keep in mind.
- Large in-room fridge is great to store bottles of water and extra snacks like fruit salads and yogurt (all included in AI plan)
- Bathroom is shower only, so keep that in mind if having to bathe little ones.
- Crib is a metal crib with not the firmest mattress. We used it mainly for a playpen because my baby wouldn’t sleep in it. Make sure you bring your own fitted crib sheets if you plan to use their crib.

RESTAURANTS:
Since we had the AI plan, we had the opportunity to try out all the restaurants on the resort. We really liked Corals (breakfast), Sea Breeze (lunch/dinner) and Da Vinci (dinner). We tried Pizza Now! once but wasn’t a fan of the pizza sauce. Because we were travelling with two young ones, a sit down meal wasn’t always the easiest or the most convenient. We really liked the Oceanside Bar and Grill for the convenience of take away orders to eat by the pool or beach. The Palm Bar also was great to grab a quick wrap, fruit salad and even a muffin. Plus the gelato and lattes were nice in the evening. If we didn’t have the AI plan, we probably would have ate at the restaurants nearby. But with young ones in tow, it was nice to have food easily accessible and without having to worry about cost.

BEACH PALAPAS:
I was really worried about not finding shade for our kids after reading all the comments about having to line up in hopes of getting a palapa. I even brought a little beach tent in case we didn’t get a palapa. Well, Eagle Beach is quite windy, so a beach tent wouldn’t have stood up very well. On our first day, we went to the towel hut on the beach at 10:30am and asked about the palapas. The nice man there told us to wait 5 minutes and he would find us one. Sure enough, shortly after 10:30am, we were given a spot. Maybe we were lucky that morning, I don’t know, but we were thankful for the ease of getting a spot that morning. During our stay, we never tried to reserve a palapa the day before, because we often went to the beach towards the end of the day when a lot of guests would start leaving their palapas anyway. Plus, the palapas are sooo close together that you don’t need one! There are plenty of loungers, so just place them in the shaded areas in the space between palapas. As long as you’re not underneath another person’s palapa, the area outside their palapa is free for anyone to use.

Oh and the beach is simply beautiful, but I’m sure everyone already knows that! It was quite windy the first couple of days, but it settled down after that.

POOL:
There are two pools - one by the main building and one by the Sea Tower. We spent all of our time at the main pool because it is more kid friendly (due to its large shallow area). Our daughter loved the pool and had a great time! In order to secure loungers underneath the canopy or umbrellas, my husband or I would place our beach towels on loungers every morning around 7:30am. There are plenty of loungers, but if you need shade, these areas are limited and this is the only way to get them.

KIDS CLUB:
Cute little area where kids can come in and play with toys, video games or do some colouring. We didn’t discover this until our last day, but it was a nice surprise for our daughter who missed playing with toys!

OVERALL:
I would definitely recommend the Holiday Inn Resort for family vacations, but maybe not so much for Honeymooners. It doesn’t have a lot of frills that some of the other resorts may have, but it’s a 3 star so can’t expect it all! The food is excellent and we had no issues with finding something to eat. The location is ideal. Perfectly located just steps away from the beach and still close enough to shopping and restaurants. Would definitely return!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank justSUE09

Dear JustSue09,
Island regards,

Reviewed 16 February 2018

It’s a huge complex among a lot of huge complexs’. Got in late and guy behind the desk was totally bewildered by questions like are any restaurants still open? Not quite sure what benefit being an IHG high level got me. Didn’t seem like got anything, weren’t upgraded, but the room itself was spacious, very comfortable. Acoustically could hear everyone in hallway and adjoining rooms, but fortunately away from “nightlife”. Ate breakfast in buffet, was fine, restaurant was overpriced but fine. Outside the restaurants staff was not helpful, or knowledgeable about surrounding restaurants etc. clearly they want you to stay on property and I’m sure 99% of the people staying there do.
There’s a nice walkway that you can take as far as you want towards downtown, which was nice. The prices seem to fluctuate widely depending on hat kind of room etc.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank William S

Dear William S,
Thank you for your candid review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.