“Unspoiled paradise”
Review of Low Bay

Ranked #8 of 13 things to do in Barbuda
Reviewed 20 February 2016

We were anchored off Low Bay and could appreciate the full beauty of what is surely one of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean. It is only the fact that it is on the coast of Barbuda rather than a mainstream island that limits public recognition. And as neither the one hotel or the one beach bar were open during our three day stay it was lucky we had sufficient provisions. There is one small market in the one town of Codrington but make no mistake, this is the genuine thing article when it comes to unspoiled paradise. Just roll with it. And do not miss the Frigate Bird Sanctuary.

Reviewed 6 March 2015

We took a small boat to low bay for lunch and had a magical day at the outback. We saw only a few travelers and loved every minute of our day.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Stopped here as part of our tour of Barbuda. We had a great lobster lunch then got to walk this beach and swim. Our group were the only people on the beach. Tiny shells make the beautiful beach pink. You have to see it if you make it to Barbuda

Reviewed 12 March 2013

It took a ferry and a mini-van to get to this beautiful idylic bay in barbuda, but once there, the seclusion was palpable. we spent most of the day at Low Bay, before catching the late ferry to travel back to Antigua.

Low Bay was so isolated, that on entering the sea, I was amazed to witness shouls of tiny fish surrounding my feet as I tried to swim (I suppose they were as curious about me as I was about them).

There was hardly another soul in sight - fantastic!

The only thing that I would advise fellow travellers to do before visiting here, is to take plenty of insect/mosquito repellant, because the sand flies here are relentless (my wife & I didn't take enough, and we suffered for days afterwards).

On the whole though, a wonderful, secluded day at Low Bay .... highly recommended!