I stayed at Elbow Beach with my wife and daughters ages 13 and 11 for 3 days in September. I recommend this hotel, but only if you have a large budget.
WHY YOU'D LIKE ELBOW BEACH
1. Rooms are luxurious. Air conditioned comfort, queen size beds (in a double), expansive bathrooms, patio with beach chairs. Generous with toiletries and bottled water. They make it tough for you to motivate to leave your room!
2. Beautiful grounds. Amazing landscaping, lush vegetation, singing birds.
3. The beach. Secluded and peaceful. Lots of umbrellas and chairs.
4. Service. Staff is very welcoming. We experienced only good service.
5. Fitness facilities are more than adequate. I never saw it that busy.
6. It always felt pretty uncrowded on campus. Very peaceful and relaxing.
THINGS TO NOTE
A, It's expensive. Take into account the resort fee of $25 per person really adds up. You also need to remember the transportation costs to anywhere off property. Taxi to Hamilton is cat least $15. We only ate breakfast on the property. Good but expensive.
B. Grounds are built on an incline and it may be hard for you to get around if you have mobility issues.
C. Closest grocery store is about a mile away by foot.
D. The surf is pretty powerful when it's windy. Watch yourself and your kids! There's an undertow and the waves break onshore.
E. Don't leave any food out. The humidity will make chips and cookies stale very quickly. And ants will get to fruit or sweets if they are not covered tightly.
Overall, we loved our stay. But it is EXPENSIVE so we won't be able to make it there frequently.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elbow Beach is Bermuda's only luxury beachfront resort. Lanai-style patios are featured with each of our 98 guestrooms and suites, spread amongst 50 acres of tropical gardens sloping down to the longest private pink sand beach on the island. Each of our elegantly appointed rooms and suites have been enhanced with modern in-room entertainment systems, luxurious soft furnishings, iPod docking stations, personal espresso machines and upgraded bathroom facilities. Facilities include a holistic spa, swimming pool, fitness room, recreation lounge, tennis courts and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Elbow Beach, Bermuda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elbow Beach, Bermuda Hotel Paget
- Mandarin Oriental Paget
- Elbow Beach, Bermuda Paget Parish
- Elbow Beach Hotel Bermuda