All reviews grocery store sweet lady the bus pleasure of staying super market elbow beach spent a week stay there again great place to stay small hotel coffee pot south road beautiful island min walk celia stove kitchenette
Reviewed 22 June 2016

Service at Dawkin's Manor was excellent! Owner and employees are lovely! Our room was clean and comfortable; a two bed suite with a small kitchen area. Cable TV worked great. Located in a nice quite neighborhood, it is within walking distance to the grocery store, beach, breakfast place, bus stop, and scooter rentals. We had our own outside entrance. Built-in pool was very clean and had umbrellas for shade. I highly recommend Dawkin's Manor and hope to stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maureen J
OWNER1942, Owner at Dawkin's Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2016

Dear Maureen,

Thank you very much for choosing Dawkins Manor Accommodations while you were on holidays in Bermuda. Thank you also for taking time out of your busy schedule to publish a review on my property. I am indeed very grateful for your very kind comments, they certainly means a lot.

I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Manor, that you had a lovely time in Bermuda also that you plan to return. It will be my pleasure to accommodate you again.

Best wishes to you and your family,

Blessings always,

Celia Dawkins

Reviewed 8 June 2016

My wife and I spent 8 days at Dawkins Manor and found it to be one of the most pleasant experiences within our years of travel. Our room (apartment) was immaculate and every request we made of the lovely owner, Celia, was granted with a smile. She could not have been more helpful to us in providing us tips on navigating that beautiful island. She even told us of a short-cut to Elbow Beach (one of the most beautiful in the world), which is a 10 minute walk from the wonderful Dawkins Manor.
I would highly recommend this lovely, value-oriented villa to everyone.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and furnished wonderfully.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LouPiccolo
OWNER1942, Owner at Dawkin's Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2016

Dear Mr. & Mrs. Piccolo,

Thank you so very much for your kind expression of my property and I; I am truly humbled. It was indeed a pleasure accommodating you and I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at Dawkins Manor. I am also very happy to know that I was able to fulfill all of your needs. I would be honored to have your repeat visit.
Sincere best wishes,
Celia Dawkins
Owner/Manager

Reviewed 27 April 2016

It was my second stay at Dawkins Manor. Both stays have been great and Celia Dawkins, the owner and manager is always wonderful and personal. This time I had a two bed suite, with a small kitchen area. Great cable tv selection and Internet worked great. I had people picking me up each day but it is close to a beach, grocery store, bus stop and is in a nice neighborhood setting. Very safe and quite. In fact you can hear local frogs at night and birds in the morning as I had windows open.
It's nice as I had a outside entrance and came in and out from outside door.
My bathroom and room was cleaned daily and I have never had any problems with my stays. The water and hot water always worked flawlessly.
Celia can give great recommendations and points of interest to see. Again I had local people taking me around but always enjoyed my conversations with Celia.
I look forward to my next stay at Dawkins Manor.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeffrey C
Reviewed 28 November 2015

I don't know if I should rate this place "average" or "very good", as I have nothing else in this price range in Bermuda to compare the place to. But I was satisfied. The accommodations were clean and comfy and convenient for me. I had everything I needed. Celia is helpful and very personable. I am certified in Professional Customer Service, which means I have little toleration for laziness or carelessness in this area, and I have no complaints about my stay at Dawkins. I grew up with restricted water use myself due to reliance on rain water, and I fully understand the need for Dawkins Manor to try to limit or encourage water conservation, as the only water the islands has is rain water. Any water and electrical conservation possible is the responsible thing to do in general, both to help keep down the costs (which have to be reflected in prices) and for greater environmental reasons. I stayed for ten days and never found it necessary to have any towels or sheets washed. And now that I am home, I am even more conscious of the benefits of practicing conservation at home as well, I chose to do my own dishes with a minimum amount of water and made my own bed at Dawkins, just as I would have at home, and extended the courtesy to Celia every day of telling her that there was nothing that needed doing in my rooms. It seems to me that it wouldn't be a bad idea for every accommodation to charge clients more or less depending upon their service, electrical and water usage. This is not only a good way to help keep overall costs and prices down, but it is fair and just towards the people who are conscientious and should not be expected to pay more for the for the wastefulness or "prima donna" habits of others. People complain about airline fees for extra luggage, but it's fair to charge people according to what the airline has to handle for each individual, just as you expect to get what you pay for when you go to a grocery store and to pay for the services you used during a hospitalization stay, but you don't want to pay a share of the costs for those who steal or who don't pay their bills. It should be the same for hotels and other travel accommodations. I would love to receive a discount for refusing maid and laundry services! When I travel, I want something that feels like a "home away from home". I do not have a "maid" at home, and I do not expect one when I travel. I don't even want one. If I did, I would go to the high-price luxury hotels. I suggest that other travelers exercise economy in order to help reduce the prices of accommodation in future. Anywhere you travel, your accommodation is the biggest cost you incur.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
3  Thank Janewholovestotravel
Reviewed 16 August 2015

I enjoyed my stay but for the price I was expecting a little bit more. Please understand, Ms. Dawkin and her professionalism and customer service is outstanding but I expected a little bit more for my price. I'm not sure the markup that Hotels.Com has but I was slightly disappointed. This place is a family mansion/compound with rooms converted into hotel rooms.

As long as you managed your expectations and call her first about everything you will enjoy your stay. For Example, if you are going to get wet a lot or sweat a lot with the humidity bring your own towels. She only changes towels once a day. Also, you will find your A/C turned off when you leave. Again, I understand that is a small family visit with 6 rooms so she doesn't make money by volume. If you are used to American Hotel Standards, you will be disappointed in fact there are no American Hotels on the island. So, how do you manage? There is a grocery story at the end of the street as well as #7 bus stop but understand lots of items are imported so either way you will be paying a lot for food via grocery store or restaurants. Note: Catch stuff on cell at the store i.e. water, juice, bread and so on. There are a lot of tree frogs in this area but on the other hand the college is next door so you can walk the grounds as well as there is an unofficial trail to Elbow Beach. Would I stay again? Maybe. It all depends on the type of room I get and what activities I plan to do next time. There is no food or water available for sale at this place. Be prepared to pack snacks from Dollar Tree, 99cent Store or Walmart. Keep in mind everything is high in Bermuda i.e. $1 USD equals $1 Bermuda Dollar. Make sure your booking online is correct by calling Ms. Dawkin including taxes. You are not supposed to prepay taxes.

Room Tip: Get a room not facing the street. Make sure your room has stove in it if you don't mind paying the extra dollars.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple