“Fabulous Sunday lucn buffet”

Bajan Blue at Sandy Lane
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The atmospheric Bajan Blue restaurant is perfect for relaxed beachside dining. Located on the Lower Terrace, this informal restaurant offers all day dining and a mélange of European, Caribbean and Asian influenced cuisine. The elaborate Sunday Brunch is a must, as are the spectacular themed buffet evenings. Other features include the modern wine bar, sushi station and state-of-the-art grill.
Reviewed 4 June 2018

We had been recommended to go here specifically for the Sunday lunch buffet and we were not disappointed. The location is wonderful, although we were very hot as it was a searing day and as it is open to the terrace, with no air movement, it was very warm. However the food and the service made up for that. There is every conceivable food on the buffet, from succulent seafood, a sushi bar, pasta, salads, every tyoe of vegetable dish right up to the full and varied carvery roasts, followed by gorgeous desserts. My only regret is not having room for it all, especially the amazing cheeseboard.
Sandy Lane is a marmite experience, in that some say it's too posey and expensive and others love it. As non residents we were made to feel relaxed and welcome, with excellent staff who were friendly and attentive - nothing was too much trouble and all done with a smile.
It was probably the most expensive Sunday lunch we have ever had but we will definitely return as it was an amazing experience and well worth the money.

3  Thank Ruth M

Reviewed 17 May 2018

My parents and I had Sunday lunch at Bajan Blue which was a lovely experience but you're definitely paying for the Sandy Lane name. Don't get me wrong, it was a lovely meal with plenty of choice and the setting really made it for us, as well as the attentive staff, but we felt the food itself is better at Tides. We had 1 bottle of wine, 2 fruit cocktails and 1 soft drink which came to something like £499 so not for the faint hearted!

4  Thank SarWin
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

I love seafood and was so impressed with the selection on Sunday for lunch. My favourite buffet table indoors had lobster and prawn cocktail and fish caviche and crab and king prawns just to name a few. Another great table had the abundance of vegetables and salads like beetroot and goats cheese or spicy quinoa. Outside there’s a temptation of freshly grilled red snapper and tuna and kingfish. My husband who doesn’t share my enthusiasm for fish dishes enjoyed a great selection of grilled meats and traditional Sunday roast. The desserts were amazing too, especially the red velvet cake and the apple crumble.
There’s one thing I was less pleased about. My small glass of rose was $20USD.

Friendly service and a very relaxing atmosphere. I’ll be happy to come back.

1  Thank MonikafromSurrey
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Absolutely fantastic Sunday mother’s day brunch. Couldn’t fault it at all staff were so helpful from start to finish ,

Reviewed 11 May 2018

We visited Barbados for the first time to celebrate our Pearl Wedding Anniversary. As finances would not allow us to stay at Sandy Lane I booked lunch at Bajan Blue as an anniversary treat for my husband.
We arrived a little early and were escorted down a lovely marble staircase to the lower terrace where we ordered two cocktails and perused the menu. We could see the beach and bar areas from the terrace and were able to take some photos here showing the lovely pink sun parasols - Sandy Lane is very pink!
We were shown to our table which had had table confetti sprinkled over it and every member of staff that came to the table wished us a happy anniversary. Such a lovely and personal touch. We were looked after by Stacey who was just lovely and offered to take some more photos for us.
We had a lovely two course lunch along with a nice glass of Sauvignon Blanc.
Yes, it may well have been the most expensive lunch ever (!) but it was a one-time experience to see how the other half live. Only disappointment? Not a celeb in sight!
Thank you Bajan Blue and Sandy Lane for helping us to celebrate our anniversary in such a special way!

2  Thank Janice G