“Great lunch - food and service first class”

The Sandpiper's Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Executive Chef, Christophe Poupardin, and his team offer eclectic food with a Caribbean flair from dinner menus which change five times each week. They continue to earn a distinguished reputation among visitors and locals alike. Their fusion of European and Asian techniques using the finest local and imported ingredients, create beautifully presented dishes, making cuisine an integral part of the holiday experience.
Reviewed 14 April 2018

Have been meaning to try the Sandpiper for lunch but never got round to it on previous trips. A rare rainy day driving past decided to call in on spec. After some discussion between reception and restaurant staff, we were escorted to a table on the terrace at Harold's Bar. They explained that as they were so busy with residents they were limiting walk ins for lunch and dinner, so maybe best reserve a table at peak times. The welcome and service we got was amazing, we were definitely not treated any different to the residents. There is a good choice on the lunch menu salads, sandwiches and more substantial dishes. I went for the Chicken Roti, the best roti I have ever had in Barbados and I've had many! My wife chose the dish of the day which was a breast of chicken cooked in rosemary and garlic, beautifully presented and delicious. For desert I went for the raspberry cheesecake, it was historic, probably the best cheesecake I have ever eaten, and so beautifully presented. Excellent choice of wine. Expensive but worth every cent. Definitely on our 'must go to' list for our future Barbados trips. If I was to stay in a hotel in Barbados, this would definitely be top of my list!

1  Thank Q3671SYchrisg

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Went for lunch again and very pleasant outside in Harold's Bar. Hotel is beautiful and family run. Wonderful views and a real boutique hotel atmosphere.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Went to The Sandpiper for Saturday night dinner. I can’t fault anything about the menu, our food or the excellent service by the very welcoming staff. The only downside was hardly anyone else was there which meant it was lacking in atmosphere. We still had a lovely time due the standard of the food. We weren’t totally alone to the excellent singer and bass player that went through some classic songs in the background.
Don’t let this review put you off I can’t believe it’s that empty most of the time.
Service, Food and menu are better than the Cliff in my opinion.

1  Thank FinbarrW5
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We were staying on the South Coast and came up to the Folkestone Marine Park a couple of times. A short stroll along the beach (south) brings you to the Sandpiper where they are very happy to serve you lunch. Arrive by 2.30pm for full lunch menu or a bit later for snacks like tomato pasta or club sandwiches (or even a full afternoon tea).
Great service in a lovely setting overlooking the sea. Chicken roti, pasta and chicken leg roast all very good.
Be a little careful on the extras....our USD120 bill for two was half mains but as much again on 2 x SAN Pelligrino, 2 small ice creams (25USD), 1 glass of wine, 2 coffees.

2  Thank paulm2101
Reviewed 11 January 2018

4 of us went for an evening meal. Overall it was a big disappointment.
Firstly we thought the staff were stuffy and unfriendly.
Secondly the venue was not very relaxed and rather pretentious.
Thirdly the food was very overpriced. The duck was tough, the curries were average. The portions were small. One pudding (fruit based) was unbelievably bland. The chocolate pudding was little more than a supermarket brand.
We all felt it very poor value for money, and a rather dull experience.
Don't go here.there are several much better places on the west coast!
And.......the staff!! They had no charm, no humour and no welcome!
The live music was good, thank you Ruth.

1  Thank Tom-Kenny