Beach View(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$205
Hotels.com
The Club, Barbados Resort & Spa All Inclusive(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
US$354
US$306
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$347/night.

US$161
US$136
  • Pool
Divi Heritage(Saint James Parish)
US$111
US$80
All Seasons Resort Europa(Sunset Crest)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$79
  • Pool
Angler Apartments(Saint James Parish)
US$60
US$44
Priceline
US$611
US$450
Crystal Cove by Elegant Hotels(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
US$650
US$570
Waves Hotel & Spa by Elegant Hotels(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
US$651
US$519
  • Breakfast included
All reviewschampagne breakfastice creamjet lag massageafternoon teacleaning your sunglassesrum punchcold towelsthe cliffnothing is too much troubleour honeymooncherry annfresh fruitwelcome drinkegg stationeggs cooked to orderwhole teamreception desk
Reviewed 4 May 2017

So I booked this hotel to celebrate our honeymoon. From the moment you step on property, to the moment of your departure, they take care of every last detail. We were disappointed we had onward bookings on another island! The room as impeccable, tastefully decorated and with a fun turn down service every night. I say fun, because they always leave a different quote for you.

The service from all the staff was also impeccable. Service was so good, that I stated on the hotel's survey that although I know most of the staff's names I could not, in all fairness single out one for being the best, as they were ALL superb.

We really enjoyed the beach service and the room service from Daphne's next door. The jetl-ag massage was great. The hot stone massage was really good as well.

We thought it was interesting that most other guests were repeat customers that have kept coming to hotel. We definitely expect to stay here again and will be recommending it to ALL of our friends.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

My parents had visited this boutique hotel before and described it as paradise, so I had very high expectations before arriving. I was far from disappointed! This hotel is small and adults only with attentive staff and views to die for. The rooms are v well equipped with amazingly comfortable beds and luxurious bathrooms. Breakfast is a highlight with champagne included, eggs of your choice and local delicacies available. The hotel is directly on a white sandy beach with turquoise see, just like in the movies!!! I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. The best holiday ever!!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Just returned from a very relaxing 10 day stay at The House. I would like to thank all the staff for making it so special. Sandra, the manager, was ever-present, and there are always ambassadors around to help out if you require a restaurant booking, advice on sites to visit or just a delicious French martini from the bar. The hotel will be closed mid-August to mid-September while they refurbish the communal areas and I really look forward to seeing what they do. We were also very lucky to be there at the same time as some lovely other guests some of whom I'm sure we'll stay in touch with. Lovely to come down to the bar for Happy Hour or post-dinner and catch up with others on what they've been up to. Of course we'll be back. Try stopping us.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2017

We are regular visitors to The House over the last 7 or so years and have seen it evolve under three different managers. This is our third visit in eight months.

We were very friendly and fond of the previous manager Joanne who did a great job and inevitably, when there is a change in manager, the regulars get a little nervous of changes that a new manager might bring. My own view is that I have been very impressed by Sandra the new manager. She is friendly and very responsive to any issues that might arise.

In particular we find she works incredibly hard to interact with ALL the guests and is ever present in the hotel from early morning, meeting new arrivals she may have missed greeting the previous afternoon. She interacts with the guests very professionally indeed. All the returning guests we know from our usual January trip thought exactly the same as us.

I am writing this from the beach in our last hours here and I simply do not recognise the picture a previous reviewer Jacki, has painted. Our own experience was totally the opposite. Elegant Hotels is very lucky that they have Sandra as a manager of this flagship property.

As with any hotel there are always a few minor issues, but the important thing is how they are dealt with. The one thing that needs improving is the internet speed in the rooms which has deteriorated compared to previous visits. The point about a fee for late check-out is a valid niggle. In my opinion it would be less irritating for guests if the hotel just said they can't offer late check-out as there was someone coming into the room rather than asking for a small fee for late check out to choke of some of the excess demand for this favour. Guests would understand this perfectly.

We certainly would visit again and would thoroughly recommend The House which is better than ever in Sandra's capable hands.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Although we have stayed here a number of times, this time felt like it might be the last for us. I don't think the atmosphere under the new manager is as friendly as it was under Joanne. She used to run a tight ship and would always be around to welcome and also say goodbye to guests. When we left we were helped with bags by the security guard!
The rooms and bathrooms are in need of a bit of TLC and are not cleaned very quickly. One day it was 3pm and our room still hadn't been serviced. Housekeeping staff did a good job when they eventually came however and perhaps the fact it was Easter had a bearing on it.
Breakfast is still a nice relaxing time and evening nibbles a nice touch whilst having a drink on the deck. Other than that there is nothing that's really outstanding anymore. Gerry at the pool deserves a mention though.
One slight irritation on the day we left. We had a taxi coming at 2pm and asked for a 1.15 check out instead of 12 midday. We were told we could have the extra 1 and 1/4 hours but would have to pay for it! Bearing in mind the hotel was far from full my husband said that was unacceptable and said we would check out at 12. Andrew went away and then came back and told us he'd managed to get the charge waived and we could have the room as long as we wanted, no charge. Strange. Left a sour taste that they could ask for extra money for the short time we wanted the room for.
It definitely has a different feel to it. It was always our little oasis in Barbados, not now though I'm afraid.

13  Thank jacki_dee