“ultimate paradise”

Champers
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We chose this place for our last dinner on the island before going home. I made reservation and we got the table next to the water. Sky was clear, moon was full and high reflecting on the water surface... very romantic - if it wasn't for pre-teen kids :-)
We ordered spring rolls that were awesome. For main corse we had ribs, pasta, chicken and I had seared ahi tuma. It was fantastic, and other plates were licked clean too.
I was set to have Banks (local most popular beer) and our waitress suggested to try "deputy" - other local beer, not widely popular. It was great - simmilar but slightly different. I recomend trying it.
Desert of bread pudding was also awesome according to Mrs.Milton who is our "family desert expert".
And lastly - bill was "not cheap" but trust me - it was worth every penny!
So, if you are looking for a great place dinner - this IS THE PLACE!

2  Thank DetroitMilton

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

A great overall experience.
A more relax atmosphere than some of the more stuffy restos on the island.
Great food.
The service is average.
The atmosphere is great with the waves crashing right up against the restaurant's exterior walls...devine.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

The food and beverages are great, although on the expensive side. The location is perfect, with a beautiful view of the ocean.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

Food was fantastic, staff and views made this almost divine. Beautiful location right next to the sea, great decor..manages to feel high end and comfy at the same time. Food was not cheap, but I def. expected to pay more for the quality. Great experience.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

We were there for a pre-wedding dinner coordinated by the bride-to-be. We were located on the upper level in a private eating space just past an area which seemed to a mini art gallery.

Initially we didn't know there was an outside dinning area outside on the level below us, but at one point they pulled back the canopy and there sat other diners. It looked like it would have been a wonderful place to enjoy a meal.

The view from the room we were in was a lovely water view. Just gorgeous! The room was set up with a few rectangular tables and a couple of rounds. The tables were set nicely.

The staff was pleasant and pretty attentive. I did have to ask for limes multiple times, but I did get them. I would have liked to have seen them write down drink orders, because they didn't always remember who they should have been giving drinks to. There were a few times people received the wrong drinks because they were trying to serve us based on memory. They were trying, so I give them kudos for effort.

They came around and took everyone's food orders. (all courses ordered at one time) There wasn't a server for each table, but 3 of them for the 5 regular size tables and 1 small table. There were about 35 of us in the party.

I have to say the courses did not come out fast. Luckily we were talking and trying to keep each other occupied. Even though we felt the courses came a little slow, I really believe everyone enjoyed their selections. I don't recall one person complain about the quality of the food. There was a hiccup with my dessert order, but they corrected it pretty quickly. It was worth the extra few minutes wait.

A few of us were pretty chilly, but others were comfortable so if you get chilly take a light jacket/sweater.

I visited the ladies room. It was nicely done.

It was not a cheap meal. It was $65 per person, not including beverages, for a three course meal. If I recall correctly alcoholic drinks ranged from $5 to $10 each. A couple could easily leave having spent better than $150.

It isn't a place you could afford to eat multiple times, but based on this experience I could see making room for a visit to Champer if we were to return to Barbados.