Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Ways to Experience Donkey Sanctuary Bonaire
1,075 results
All reviews bags of carrots gift shop stick their heads car window buy carrots special care animal lovers bring lots roaming free observation tower worthy cause love donkeys bought bags non profit fun place to visit a lot of fun golf cart
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 November 2020 via mobile

Great!
Thank you for this nice time and for all Reports in many different languages!
All people there are very friendly and love their Job really!
It was great!
We will speak about your Donkey Sanctuary to all our friends all over the world....
We hope, you will even have the Money für the Donkeys!
We come back!

Date of experience: November 2020
1  Thank ildikoh862
Reviewed 4 October 2020

There are many donkeys on Bonaire, they were used in the past for work but became "obsolete". They are still roaming around though. Marina started caring for the donkeys two decades ago and set up a very nice safe place for them. You can climb the tower in the park for great view from coast to coast. You can feed the donkeys, walk around and also drive around. The donkeys know that a car means food. Unfortunately, that's also how they get hurt outside of the sanctuary. What you don't see when visiting the enclosed area is the tireless effort that Marina and her team make to treat hurt donkeys. Over the years we contributed by buying donkey souvenirs, adopting donkey Moka and having our name added to the donkey wall of fame. As soon as we can travel to Bonaire again, we will visit for sure to say hello to Moka.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed 30 September 2020

You cannot leave Bonaire without visiting this sanctuary. Find out more about the donkeys walking around this island and what the sanctuary does for them. Meet the donkeys up close and discover the sweet and gentle nature of these animals. Then drive around the park, don't forget to buy buckets of pellets at the entrance to feed the donkeys in the park.

Date of experience: September 2020
Reviewed 15 March 2020 via mobile

I entered the sanctuary on March 14, 2020 with my uncle in the hope of adopting two donkeys. I mistakenly passed the gate without paying the $9.00/person entry fee. I had already turned around to go back and pay when I was met by a nice young lady that I assume was a volunteer. We had already noticed our mistake; hence, the reason I turned around. When I approached the office, I was met by an old hag that started the conversation out with; “First of all” bla bla bla.. Lady, I had already turned around to come back and pay. Your rude behavior just lost two intended supporters of the donkey sanctuary. From the looks of the facility and the animals, it is very evident that you could have used our support. I will find another need for my extra money.

Date of experience: March 2020
3  Thank 825greggm
Reviewed 11 March 2020

What a great, cute place to visit. So many donkeys roaming free. Take carrots! They literally stick their heads in your car windows looking for food. It was a fun experience and my 18 year old laughed so much!

Date of experience: March 2020