The room was tiny (also due to the baby bed for our daughter) and basic. The pool is very small. The lodges are located close to the neighbouring hotel which means you don't get a view unless you have the one room that's above the bar. Breakfast was basic but nice. At night there are security guards outside in this area (october 2010). Pietermaai Smal is an upcoming area with some nice restaurants.
We stayed at Scuba Lodge for the diving which was a little disappointing (Bonaire is much nicer). The 'house reef' means climbing down some rocks which is tricky with the surf.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Scubalodge is the premier ocean front boutique hotel in Curacao. Made of in total 5 monumental buildings, every room and apartment are different! And so is the staff! With a very relaxed and personal atmosphere guests are like staying with friends! Relax in one of the two swimming pools, in the ocean in our house riff and enjoy a cocktail at the Ocean Bar. Scubalodge has a PADI Dive School and shop and the well known breakfast basket and weekly barbecue! Laid in the "quartier Latin" of Curacao, many restaurants and bars are walking distance, as is the city centre, the cruise terminal and all musea and shopping center. Explore the real Curacao in Otrabanda, the "pontjes brug" and the fruit and local market. Or take your rental car and explore the Island and all of its 70 beaches!!! Scubalodge, welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Scuba Lodge & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Scuba Lodge And Suites
- The Scuba Hotel Willemstad
- Scuba Lodge & Suites Curacao/Willemstad