I stayed at the Scuba Lodge primarily to do some diving. The dive operation is first rate with all of the instructors and dive guides being very personable and concerned with your safety and seeing a nice undersea environment. All of the diving is shore entry. I am an older diver with rickety knees. The dive staff helped with my gear on each and every dive and made it possible for me to have a wonderful diving experience. The reefs are very healthy and we got to see lots of fish, eels, and turtles. I also saw the biggest barracuda I had ever seen. Usually dived with 2 or 3 other divers and a guide. Very nice! The dive shop hosts a weekly Happy Hour where I met divers from all over the world.
The hotel has around 20 rooms so it is a very manageable place. Starting with the reception staff and all of the servers, bartenders. etc. I found the Hotel personnel to be very pleasant, engaging, professional, and interesting to talk with. The clientele was very international with Europeans, South Americans,Canadians and USA folks. This was a highlight of my trip---so many nice people. I had a standard room and it was perfectly adequate, comfortable, and well-maintained.
I loved the restaurant/bar. It is located right on the shore about 10 feet above the crashing surf. Wonderful location with truly spectacular sunsets virtually every evening. The food was excellent. They had a nice menu augmented with nightly chef specials. I had almost all my meals there and had some truly great dishes.
Lots to recommend this place. While a few of the other guests were also divers, many were just there to relax and do some sightseeing. Really hope to be able to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Scubalodge is the premier ocean front boutique hotel in Curacao. Made of in total 5 monumental buildings, every room and apartment are different! And so is the staff! With a very relaxed and personal atmosphere guests are like staying with friends! Relax in one of the two swimming pools, in the ocean in our house riff and enjoy a cocktail at the Ocean Bar. Scubalodge has a PADI Dive School and shop and the well known breakfast basket and weekly barbecue! Laid in the "quartier Latin" of Curacao, many restaurants and bars are walking distance, as is the city centre, the cruise terminal and all musea and shopping center. Explore the real Curacao in Otrabanda, the "pontjes brug" and the fruit and local market. Or take your rental car and explore the Island and all of its 70 beaches!!! Scubalodge, welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Scuba Lodge & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Scuba Lodge And Suites
- The Scuba Hotel Willemstad
- Scuba Lodge & Suites Curacao/Willemstad