US$159
US$183
  • Pool
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$85
Adonai Hotel Boutique(Willemstad)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$110
ABC Apartments(Willemstad)
US$87
US$84
All reviewsdive shopbreakfast basketguided divesinfinity poolgreen buildingbbq nightdive staffdive sitesboutique hotelstandard roomoverlooking the oceandive tripsmall hotelceiling fantwo bedroom apartmentwashing machinewelcome drink
Reviewed 3 September 2010

We stayed at the Lodge from the 26 to the 30 of August. Our room #6 was very clean,the air conditioning was great, the bed confortable, the breakfast awsome ( bread, chesse ,coffee , meats, egg, yougurt, fruit , juice in a basket) the employees are very helpfull.
The Lodge is very close to downtown so you can walk if you want . If you want to relax they have a good bar with chairs in the sand looking to the ocean, also a small but nice pool area, you can rent all your dive gear on site.
We will recomend to rent a car , the driving in the island its a little complicated the first day but after you figure out the bridge you can't get lost, do not leave valuables in you car and roll your windows down if you park at a deserted beach.There are so many beautifull coral beaches *need your beach shoes* we went to almost every one , 2 each day.
We found a good place to eat , made from a shipping container less than 5 minutes drive from the Lodge one of the bartenders recomended to us they will give you directions to get there.
The place is so nice, the employees are very friendly but our room was noisy at night because it was close to the road. it was not the hotels fault.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2010

This place is so great. The staff are amongst the friendliest people you'll ever find, they are very well connected and tuned in to what is happening on the island, and they will assist you in any way they can to make your time in Curacao whatever you want it to be. If you are looking to sanitize yourself away from true life on Curacao, go to an all inclusive and forget it. But if what you are looking for is a peek behind the scenes of what the Dutch people do on their little paradise island in the Caribbean, this is it.

You'll be tipped of to where all the parties are every night of the week if you ask, you'll be assisted to find a great deal on a rental car if you need it, you'll be given tips on where to eat, where to dive, where to go, what to do, and most of all, you'll feel right at home from the moment you walk in the door. The sense of community felt amongst the staff and the guests is simply spectacular.

I came to the island committing to 2 - 3 nights, not sure if I'd want to stay all 9 nights here or not. By the end of my stay I was partying on the beach with at least 25 new friends, all of whom knew my name, and I laid my head to rest one last time at Scuba Lodge, hoping to return some day soon. Yes, they got all of my business, every night, because the place felt to me like the Hotel California. I was free to check out any time I liked but I could never leave.

Enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Schnikis
Reviewed 26 July 2010

My wife and I take a 10 day to 2 week adventure vacation each summer. We prefer to stay in small private hotels or lodges, and to mix with the local population. This summer we hit the jackpot as far as the ideal place for us!

On arrival (from airline hell) we were greeted by the Scuba Lodge staff and quickly made to feel like part of the extended family of owners, staff, and fellow visitors. As it was late in the evening, after a bit of food and drinks from the lodge bar, we were settled in our room. The next morning a great breakfast was served on the patio overlooking the beautiful beach and Caribbean.

Owners Harald and Caroline, and wonderful staff, Tom, Daniel, Annalise, and Joshua were able to advise us on every aspect of our stay, whether it involved diving, sight seeing, shopping, transportation, or restaurants (never intrusive but always available when needed).

Summing up our experience: If you enjoy the thrill of world class SCUBA and snorkel diving, along with freeport shopping, a variety of super dining spots, and the company of the most accommodating hosts, you will enjoy the Scuba Lodge.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gator161
Reviewed 19 July 2010

My husband and I stayed at The Scuba Lodge during our honeymoon. The place was quaint, quiet and relaxing. The hotel is Dutch owned and you frequently see and get to visit with the owners Caroline and Harold. Their staff is friendly and attentive; Tom and Daniel were specifically wonderful.

Our room was clean, quiet and just what we needed. The shower had great pressure, they had many TV channels and a hair dryer was even offered! With only 14 rooms in the hotel itself, I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. The ocean is steps away and you can hear it from inside all of the rooms.

Located at the hotel is a pool, a small beach with many lounge chairs and a great landscape. Each morning we had breakfast outside overlooking the ocean. It was wonderful and the food was great too!

There is a bar that most of the guests attend each evening before going to bed, very relaxing and a neat atmosphere to visit with everyone. There was only one other American couple other than us, which made things even more unique. We left with so many new Dutch friends!!

The hotel is in an area that is being restored. The street is lined with Coloniel mansions, some are occupied and others are not. While we were there three were in the process of being restored, so I am sure that within a year or two the street will be looking wonderful!

It takes about 7 minutes to walk to the nearest ATM and 10 to walk into Punda. They have a very convenient location. There are several resturants close by that have amazing food. Just ask the staff and they will point in the right direction. We rented a car for three days and had wonderful daily adventures seeing the sights, this is highly recommended!

Overall a big thumbs up for this place, we hope to go back soon.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank BrynnFog
Reviewed 1 June 2010

My husband and I stayed at Scuba Lodge May 23-30. During our stay the staff helped us arrange dinner reservations, surprised my husband with a 30th birthday breakfast, arranged every detail of our 5 dives and were on call to help with anything else we could have possibly needed.
I was expecting a bare bones scuba resort but Scuba Lodge has beautiful gardens, shaded areas for lounging by the pool, a sandy beach, a well-stocked bar, and provides large tasty breakfasts. The best amenity, though, was the staff. The owners, Harold and Caroline, were so kind. They were so great in helping me locate my bag of scuba gear that was lost on our American Airlines flight out of Miami. The birthday surprise was also a great treat for my husband's birthday.
The dives were fantastic. We came prepared with a list of of sites we'd found on tourism websites but our guides, Joshua, Annalise, and Thomas, had much better suggestions. We were never disappointed. We saw so much diversity and beautiful reefs. It was amazing.
The Lodge is located about 12 minutes from town (walking). There are a few restaurants along the way and Moon, a restaurant and lounge, is right next door. We didn't mind the walk, and the staff provided an alternate route to avoid the section of road near the hotel that has a lot of buildings under construction and is pretty dark and desolate at night.
We were the only Americans during our stay. The staff, and all the guests for that matter, spoke English so it wasn't a problem. But we were surprised that all the Americans seemed to be flocking to the big chain resorts when this place was so great and at a much better price.
We would definitely come back!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple