“Pleasant Stay”

Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Willemstad
Reviewed 11 December 2017

I stayed here for a week by myself, which was the first time I had done this, and the staff here could not be any friendlier. I was nervous but they made me feel welcome and safe. The room was decent, not great, but I spent most of my time at the beach, which was a nice 5 min walk across the street. They had happy hour every evening which was a nice time to meet the other guests.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank QtownFarmer
Marlous M, Public Relations Manager at Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Dear Gtownfarmer,

Thank you for your nice review. It is good to hear you loved our staff. They are doing their very best every day to make your stay as wonderful as possible. The beach is indeed amazing. It is a five-minute walk but if you don’t want to we can bring you with our golf cart. Our happy hour is every day and we are happy to hear you enjoyed it and you met other guests.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

We visited Curacao for the 1st time earlier this month. There were some memorable people and experiences during our stay. Some people worth mentioning are Hansley and Zuleika, whom both went above and beyond to ensure that our vacation in Curacao went well. Upon arrival, Zuleika made sure to say "happy birthday" to my boyfriend and, when we 1st arrived at our room, a bottle of champagne was waiting for us. She also helped us get tickets to a concert. From our arrival to our departure, Hansley made sure that we had what we needed. He would teach us Papiamento while driving us to and from Moomba beach and the downtown area. Hansley, Zuleika and the rest of the staff really made our stay at Floris memorable. The staff at Moomba beach (the hotel's private beach) were exceptionally accommodating as well. Relaxing at Moomba beach was one of the highlights of our stay in Curacao.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Marlous M, Public Relations Manager at Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear miss,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Zolaika and Hansley are indeed great and everyone else at the Floris staff is also doing their very best to make your holiday as wonderful as possible. Moomba Beach Club is indeed very beautiful.

We hope you learned a lot from Hansley’s Papiamentu lessons and we also hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

This is an older property, but is clean and comfortable. I read the reviews before I booked so there were no surprises. The pool still needs tiles replaced, but it is clean an had a very nice tropical vibe. The room was ok, but the matters was well worn ( so I slept in the middle where it was ok). The kitchen supplies were laughable if you plan to cook, but the fridge kept the beer cold. The beach really is nice and the 5 minute walk to it is good exercise. The one major complaint I have is my room (43) had horrible lighting. I

Do I recommend the Floris? Yes. Would I stay there again? Yes. But if you are used to fancy, look somewhere else, and if its on Curacao, its going to cost a lot.

Stayed: November 2017
2  Thank cbj2041
Marlous M, Public Relations Manager at Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Dear cbj2041,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you had a nice and comfortable holiday at Floris Suite Hotel. If you don’t have enough kitchen supplies you can ask at the reception for more. We have always what you need. Our beautiful beach is indeed a 5-minute walk but we can always bring you with our golf cart.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

So disappointed in this hotel. Don’t be fooled by the pictures or reviews. We booked 7 nights but ended up staying only 2. Our room smelled TERRIBLE, had mold all over the walls and AC units, stains on the bed and holes in the curtains. Nobody even bothered to clean the pool area, as evidenced by the dead lizard, dead tree leaves and empty corona bottle that were never moved during our stay. The tennis court looked like a tornado had come through. Do not stay here!! I will give credit and say that the food at the restaurant was surprisingly good for such a dumpy, depressing hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
6  Thank Gigi N
Marlous M, Public Relations Manager at Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear Gigi N,

We are very sorry you’ve had a bad experience with your room, but on the other hand, I truly regret that you didn’t give us the opportunity to solve your issue. Instead, you moved to another hotel and chose to write this review. We have a lovely staff that gives every day a 100% to make sure our guests feel at home and spoiled. Our pool area is cleaned every day at 6 am, so guests can enjoy a clean pool and area during the daytime. We have a big tropical garden which we maintain very well every day. Nevertheless, the island has lots of refreshing wind and leaves fall on the ground. We can’t do much about it, beside clean it daily, which we do. Thanks for pointing out we have a lot of wonderful reviews from lovely guests that truly enjoy staying with us and appreciate the service we deliver.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

I stayed at this hotel with my partner and we had a nice relaxing time(maybe too relaxing?). We stayed in room 48 which was a pool view suite and it was beautiful. Large open space with a king bed. The shower and tub was a nice presentation but not very practical as water went everywhere when we took a shower. They gave us tons of towels so we used them to mop up the water. They had a Nespresso machine in the room which was absolutely fabulous and I utilized it daily for my caffeine fix.

The few things that detracted from the room would be the fact that it had a damp smell to it all the time which I assume is because it does not get much sunlight. Also two of the ceiling tiles needed to be replaced as they had water marks all over them. There was a double sink vanity but one of the sinks did not work(the drain got stuck).Also one night something went running across the ceiling that scared the bejeezus out of us(maybe a rat). None of these things were really deal breakers for my partner and I.

I think the biggest disappointment for us was the lack of gay couples there. Not really the hotels fault, maybe we just picked a bad time but there were mostly straight couples around. The nuance of gay friendly as opposed to gay should be taken seriously. Don't go expecting it to be all boys in speedos :-).

Another highlight of the hotel is the sauna. The gym sucks to be honest. There is one treadmill, one bike, one elliptical, one bench, one leg machine and dumbbells up to 50lbs. The sauna however is amazing. It is clean and beautiful. A wet sauna, a dry sauna, showers, a hot tub, all clothing optional and only men allowed after 6pm so that was fun.

The managers happy hour every evening is ok. Two cheap beers or two cheap glasses of wine and half price off liquor. We opted to go buy liquor at the grocery and just drink that instead.

We ate at the hotel restaurant once but did not really enjoy the food. We ate out mostly and had breakfast across the street at the hilton which cost 21US per person for unlimited buffet breakfast.

All in all it is ultimately what you make of it. It's great for relaxing and the service was phenomenal. Nice place if you want to sleep and read and lounge. If you are looking for something a little more up tempo this may not be your speed!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mikah D

Dear Mikah,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you loved your suite with pool view. When there is a problem with your room you can always inform the reception. We will make sure the problem is solved instantly. Year-round a lot of gay couples find our hotel to have a laid-back vacation, so maybe it was a bad timing indeed to see boys in speedos ;)

Our gym has anything you need for a quick workout. It is nice to hear you loved our spa with hot tub, dry sauna, wet sauna, and showers. It’s indeed men only after 6 pm. Glad you enjoyed yourself! The quality of our F&B purchase is very well. We have a big variety of liquor, wine, and beer.

Every year in the last week of September Floris Suite Hotel is the host hotel of the Curacao Pride. I am sure you will love this event and staying with us in that particular period.