All reviewssister hotelfloating bridgeunique hotelantique furniturewifi worked wellslave museumnight managerhotel groundsdeep cleaningfree shuttlebooked this hotelrooms are niceroom cleaningqueen emmastandard roomreception arearestaurants and shops
Reviewed 18 November 2017

Take care in this hotel, there are no safety, I was robbery inside my room, two guys with guns, was very scared.

Mucho cuidado con este hotel, no hay cualquier seguridad, he sido atracado dentro de mi habitacion, dos chicos armados, fue terrible.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
11  Thank wagner c
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

This is a very cute and quaint resort in an ideal downtown location. Pools are great, staff is friendly. Well maintained, could definitely use a new fresh coat of paint though. The linens in our room had a very strange and strong odour and it was tough getting them changed - the night staff were not very professional and didn’t seem interested in helping us. It took a full day to get resolved and we ended up having to change the linens ourselves. Also doesn’t feel super safe because the doors to the public are open all day and only locked at 11pm.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2017

After much research, we settled on KH but after spending a week here, the stars are fading fast.

1. after being dropped off at the gate, we had to carry/drag out luggage across the cobblestones (my poor wheels) to be met by our porter in the lobby. Why couldn't he meet us at the gate?
Then we carried our luggage -again, up the stairs and into our room, where we toured the room and were met with an open palm

2. we upgraded our room to superior and it did not disappoint. A 4-post king size bed, quaint shower facility, cool room. A respite from the heat of the day.

3. though breakfast was included, it was filling but repetitive.

4. housekeeping was great, as they kept the place spotless.

5. the night manager (Luis) was wonderful. Personable, Friendly, Accommodating.

6. lodge transport to their sister hotel was great to try out the snorkeling
There was no repeat though, as the van broke down.

7. wifi was best in the reception area, and spotty at best in the room

8. the pool was nice and cool, after the heat of the day

9. kudo to the cook, as the wok dinner was fantastic though we didn't understand the 12% service charge being added to the bill. Was that for the chef, the staff or the hotel?

10. Warm, friendly people everywhere. That's what makes a holiday.

Room Tip: upgrade to superior. better bed, in-room safe
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I had high hopes for this property based on TripAdvisor reviews. However, I was disappointed.

The village was quaint and gated. It's a neat setup. The pool near us (no waterfall) was dirty when we arrived. The ice is next door but our keys would not work to gain access. The pool with the waterfall was clean and inviting. Outdoor areas were well maintained.

Our room had several issues: ants in the bathroom, soiled curtains in the main room, the safe didn't work, and the Internet was basically non-existant. Plaster was coming off the walls in the room and transferred onto your clothing if you bumped up against the wall. The shower bath had a poor design and allowed water to drain onto the bathroom floor. The hand held shower head needed cleaning as barely any water came out. Hot water isn't that hot. Sheets were scratchy.

If you're American, bring your voltage converter. All outlets were 220v.

Staff were very friendly and hospitable. No issues with check in or check out.

I'm not sure if we just got a bad room or what the issue was. Maybe low season isn't the best time to visit?

Based on my experience, I cannot recommend.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rineni
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Finding myself in the heart of Willemstad was the beginning of a great trip to curacao! Sonesta Kura Hulanda Village and Spa helped to make my stay even more pleasant. After spending one night at Kura Hulanda Lodge in Westpunt, transferring to Sonesta Kura Hulanda Village and Spa was like a dream come true. Ryan the front desk attendant is amazing!! He warm, friendly, helpful accommodating and knowledgeable. He goes beyond the call of duty to ensure that hotel guest were comfortable. My room was in the front of the property, with close proximity to the pedestrian entrance and minutes away for the Queen Emma swinging bridge overlooking the swimming pool with a makeshift waterfall. The decor was beautiful and I can't help but mention the old fashion bath tub and bathroom fixtures. My overall experience was great!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the reception area.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends