Sunset Bay Club & SeaSide Dive Center
US$193
US$182
US$72
Orbitz.com
Natty Tropical Valley(Roseau)(Great Value!)
US$64
Orbitz.com
US$82
US$116
US$219
Sutton Place(Roseau)
  • Restaurant
Hotels.com
All reviewsall inclusive planlobstercouple nightsbeautiful islandmarcellarogersaunadivingdominicacaribbean
Reviewed 18 November 2016

I liked the place because it has a familiar atmosphere and it is directly located on a beach! You can have a morning dip in the calm ocean before you enjoy a yummi breakfast (no buffet, freshly made) on the terrace with ocean view. Especially in the evening the restaurant gets busy due to the best lobster in town (for a reasonable price). They also offer All-Inclusive for about $50,- more per day and it's worth because the menu prices are a little overprized in my opinion. Rooms all have seaview and are totally fine. Nothing special but clean and spacious enough to place your stuff. I would definitely recommend booking a tour via the hotel because they work with an excellent tourguide (he also organizes the transfers if needed). There are not many places to stay on Dominica and I definitely recommend it. You can always have a nice chat and cold beer with the owners in the evening, enjoy the sunset or check out the Iguanas in the garden (there used to be a lot more but you can still be lucky to see one).

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank AlexBoog
Reviewed 24 August 2016

food was to die for, service was on Que , will be surely visiting there again, customer service was so good i have never had this service in Dominica they treated my group so professionally i must say ,

Room Tip: corner suits are large and sunny
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2016

A group of us came ashore for dinner from a large catamaran; this was not the first time passengers from that company went to this restaurant. The server was unbelievably rude: she walked away as we were trying to order, she did not explain the menu [she served 3 bowls of fries and only when we asked for the rest were we told that it was more or less family style], when I ordered soup she rolled her eyes and said she had already said that that soup wasn't available [she must have explained this to the other end of the table]. When one person at the table hadn't been served and the rest of us were almost done eating, I approached the owner to ask about the missing meal. He was too busy setting up a hookah for another table and asked the nasty waitress about it. Eventually she came out and said that our friend had never ordered. He had ordered only vegetables; his should have been the first plate served! He finally was served and to be fair, the food was very good (albeit expensive). But at no time did the owner apologize or even seem concerned about the lack of service. I will catch my own fish and cook it on the beach before I patronize this restaurant again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cathy L
sunsetbayclub, Owner at Sunset Bay Club & SeaSide Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2016

Good morning Cathy,

Can you please give me the exact date of your venue so I am able to retrace which waitress serve you there this is not acceptable and no common from my staff.
You can not say my husband was to busy when he serve a other costumer and as you say he ask the waitress what happened so this mean he was concern.
I know the boss always go to all clients and even offer a shot and even offer some fruits when boats coming with clients.
Please give us the date.
I am rely sorry this happened there you can see on all comments the clients always very happy from the service and the food.
Best regards and awaiting your response.
Marcella

Reviewed 18 August 2016

We stayed for a week at Sunset Bay in May, 2016 on the all-inclusive plan. It is in the middle of the west coast and some distance(thankfully, in my opinion) from the two main urban areas. It is a clean, safe, and not super-luxury place to stay and eat(lots of local trade in the restaurant for the seafood) if you have a car and want a centrally located location to use as a base to go out and hike or snorkel. There is no resident dive master -- the dive master has to be called in on an as-needed basis- so I would not recommend it for people who are on Dominica primarily to dive. The guys on the snorkel boat are great and the Belgian owners are very helpful, but restaurant service can be relaxed/slow. One caveat might be that the owners are getting ready to retire and the business is for sale.

Room Tip: The rooms located farthest from the restaurant are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Marigrow
Reviewed 30 July 2015

Some friends and I went along for diving lessons. The instructor was very knowledgeable and had a good sense of humour which put us first time divers at ease. The other instructors were also very friendly and patient.

After the dive, I made the mistake of heading to the restaurant for a Pina Colada... it was over priced and the worse drink I have ever had. The waitress told me she put alcohol in it, but 100% sure she didn't, and if she did.... it was watered down alcohol. The drink also had a horrible after taste, a bit like the smell of stagnant water. The drink was just vile. After a few sips, I left it on the bar and had to wash my mouth out.

Also, there seemed to be a lot of flies present. But I think this is a problem across the island as my last visit to Dominica was in 2013, and I don't recall there being so many.

I would have give the diving 5 but, I had to deduct 2 points for the vile drink.

I did not stay at the hotel, so I am unable to comment on anything else.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family