US$239
US$185
US$131
US$119
  • Pool
Island Life Backpackers' Hostel(Santo Domingo)(Great Value!)
US$31
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Colonial(Santo Domingo)
US$90
  • Breakfast included
Casas del XVI(Santo Domingo)
US$313
US$279
Hotels.com
Hotel Shakey(Santo Domingo)
US$130
US$79
Hotels.com
1,709 results
All reviewspremium clubpiano barroom servicepool areanice hotelgreat showerrecommend this hotelexcellent serviceenjoyed my staydominican republicbusiness tripexecutive floorlinacarocasinosantanaemployees
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

This is the second time we use this hotel last week we use after Family Hospitalization and we just stay a few hrs and sleep
This time we came back and honesty terrible way to find the worst way to say hotel
We had the certificate paper sanitation but was dirty (black water )
The free internet it a joke
They give you a code per person got wifi but never work and you need to reconnecting every time you want use
Finally when you try to use the internet it's too slow a joke
Maybe it no a expensive hotel but it's better no internet to had this
Beside that everything ok
Small details make a big difference

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
BarceloSantoDomingo, Guest Service at Barcelo Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dear guest

Thank you for choosing Barcelo Santo Domingo, but above all, for taking the time to write us about your experience. We formally ask you to accept our apologies for not having fulfilled your expectations during the time you were staying with us.

Our goal is to exceed the expectations of each client, so that we can increase our quality levels. We have distributed your comment to the corresponding departments and we will be monitoring these situations, so that we can anticipate that our clients will be affected during their stay.

I hope you can give us a second chance and see that your comments have been effectively taken into account. Again, apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Good location, plenty of helpful staff, great business services, good location in a busy part of town. Casino and Japanese restaurants attached, but did not visit them. Secure property, adequate parking.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
BarceloSantoDomingo, Guest Service at Barcelo Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Dear Guest:

We are very grateful that you have chosen our hotel for your stay in Santo Domingo and that you have taken the time to leave us your valuation and comment, we are honored to know that we fulfill your expectations, and that you enjoy our location and services, we will send your comments to all our collaborators.

We hope your visits become repetitive.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I stayed in barcelo hotel twice and I really love it the hotel is nice the rooms are clean and comfortable. The restaurant food is amazing. A big thanks to the staff also very friendly and professional I try both the regular check in and the check in for the superior room and suites both was great!! Ask fo Dora POLANCO she's the best!!! I also try the spa it was very nice.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Barcelo S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Barcelo Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Dear Mr.Guillaume.
We are truly grateful that you have taken your time to leave us your comment and appreciation, it is an honor for us to have exceeded your expectations, and that you have been able to enjoy the comfort of our rooms, the excellent services of our premium level and our succulent cuisine .
Of course we will extend our congratulations to our collaborators.

Natacha Valdez

Reviewed 20 July 2017

My Stay at Barcelo Hotel was very Comfortable,LG. clean rooms with a view, the Location was safe with a lot of attractions, such as Muesums a Beach with a Play area, Great Markets, not Mention great food Buffet all you can eat at $16.00,for Breakfast or Dinner also there's a Good Gym if you care to exercise. Thanks to Staff Guanelfi & Ramon made me feel at home, Yes they have Bi-Lingual Staff Leon FL

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Barcelo S, Guest Service at Barcelo Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Dear Mr.Fortevida.

We are honored that you took the time to leave us your valuable comment and your valuation of our hotel, it is an immense pride that we feel when we fulfill the expectations of our guests, of course we will extend our congratulations to our collaborators.
  We hope your visits become repetitive.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

My stay at Barcelo was relaxing and the rooms I stayed in were perfect, with amazingly comfortable beds. The bedding and pillows were very soft. The shower was the best I have ever used. Great pressure, consistently hot water and two options for the shower; a hand-held and overhead shower head. The staff was very accommodating, especially after I requested a room change when a very large, festive, and noisy wedding party checked into the suite next to my original room. The staff was empathetic towards my concerns and switched my room within minutes of me expressing my concern.

My Spanish speaking abilities are limited, and it was nice having a staff that could work with me and speak English when needed. (Out of respect for the Dominican people, I always try to speak Spanish.)

The pool was nice and the staff at the pool bar was attentive to my needs. The fitness center was small but had everything I needed and a helpful trainer was always available.

The street noise could be heard during the day, in my room, which was roadside. Santo Domingo is hectic city with chaotic roadways. Drivers use their horns liberally to communicate with other drivers. You will hear this, everywhere in Santo Domingo and throughout the country. If you are concerned about that, book a room on the pool-side of the building.

Also, the concierge was helpful and taxis were always available. Check on prices though, the same trip may vary in cost, depending on the driver, the vehicle and the time of the day.

Walking to nearby sites in District Nacional is perfectly safe. If you need an American-Style Fast-Food fix, there is a McDonalds and host of other American style establishments within walking distance. If you crave Dominican style cuisine, you can get a sub $200RD "Plato del dia" or dirt-cheap empanadas within a block of the hotel.

The wifi that I was given access to was strong enough to allow me to stream music and YouTube videos, with no delay.

Great place and nice rates.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Barcelo S, Guest Service at Barcelo Santo Domingo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Dear Mr. Perry.
We are extremely grateful that you took the time to leave us your valuation and such a valuable comment, it is an honor that you have enjoyed our service and the facilities of the hotel, we will extend our congratulations to all our team of collaborators. We will continue to work hard to fulfill all your expectations.

we hope to see you soon .