“the best seafood ever,,lobster spaghetti,,excellent”

Pasatiempo da Enrico
Ranked #505 of 650 Restaurants in Santo Domingo
Price range: US$10 - US$65
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2013

easy to reach central located nice atmosphere and excellent food ,,,good with family and friends,, good taste ,,good vine list i will visit this restaurant for shure in the future ,,

Reviewed 21 January 2013 via mobile

An ok and nice restaurant well situated in Zona Colonial.
We were the only one having dinner in the evening at about 8 o'clock therefore it was a little boring.
I had a pebber steak, and it was quite good.
My husband had osso buco which was tender but without taste.
We had a bottle of good red wine: Nebiolo d' Alba.
The service was ok, but nothing special.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I have been in many Italian restaurants in Santo Domingo, this one is ok compared to some other restaurants.
I must say that the signature dish was amazing (stuffed ravioli with fish in a lemon sauce). I can eat that everyday.
We ordered octopus and a cheese/ham table for entries. For main course we ordered pasta, risotto and my raviolis for dessert tiramisu. The octopus tasted good but you can feel it has been in the fridge for a long time. The main courses are freshly made and they were good. The tiramisu was horrible too saggy!
There are other places around were you can have more return than this one. I really like the service; the owner was very attentive and was open to modify the recipes as requested. We went in the afternoon around 3pm and there was no one else at the restaurant. The place is small and dark and smells funny. It was very hot but the owner quickly turned on the fan. Overall we had a good time but nothing wow. Spent around $120.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

My husband and I travel to DR at least once a year. We have been to many restaraunts in Santo Domingo but Pasatiempo is the best Italian food! We loved it so much we went twice during our 4 day stay. The food is authentic Italian. It is fresh and well made. The sweets are excellent we had terimassu and Tartuffo the best I've had since our trip to Italy. Our waitress was attentive and helpfull.
Enrico (the chef/owner) is so kind. He sits at the bar greets you and then goes back to the kitchen to cook. It so laid back and yet the food is so high end. We have been to Angelo's which is about a block away and while the food is good it is not as good as Angelo's. You get more bang for you buck at Pasatiempo believe me. We ended our meal with a delicious shot of lemancello. All in all a great experience.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

We love the city and its many restaurants, but none are quite like this. Quaint with amazing food. Everything is good and I am usually fussy. Highly recommend risotto with lamb shank. Enrico is great and service was fantastic. Best Italian food we have had in years - sorry NYC!