“Excellent pasta and a cozy place”

Pasatiempo da Enrico
Ranked #533 of 723 Restaurants in Santo Domingo
Price range: US$10 - US$65
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 24 December 2013

We went to Pasatiempo da Enrico because a lot of the top rated restaurants at TripAdvisor were closed on a Sunday night... we were pleasantly surprised. It's always very easy to find OK tasting pasta, so it's not every day you come across one that stands out. I had rigatoni and my wife had ravioli (meat with lemon sauce) and they both tasted great. This restaurant is very conveniently located, between Plaza de España and the Cathedral, but doesn't feel touristy and snobbish like most of the restaurants there (some of them really good too, by the way). We didn't chat a lot with the Italian manager (owner, I guess?) but he did stop by and made sure everything was ok. A very nice Haitian woman waited our table and the service was outstanding.

We had two meals and a nice bottle of Italian red wine and our total came to just under 60 USD, which seems pretty fair, all things considered.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Absolutely delicious! The owner/chef is a master chef. My risotto was perfection as were everyone else's dishes. We shared an anti pasta platter and the selections were delicious - truly diverse selection of sausages, cheeses, ect.

I had my almost 2 year old son and my parents with me. My son is at the age that he can't sit still very long but with the owner/chef and waitresses interacting with him frequently - he was content to sit throughout dinner.

The limoncello there is to die for! So refreshing without the overpowering alcoholic taste.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

easy to reach central located nice atmosphere and excellent food ,,,good with family and friends,, good taste ,,good vine list i will visit this restaurant for shure in the future ,,

Reviewed 21 January 2013 via mobile

An ok and nice restaurant well situated in Zona Colonial.
We were the only one having dinner in the evening at about 8 o'clock therefore it was a little boring.
I had a pebber steak, and it was quite good.
My husband had osso buco which was tender but without taste.
We had a bottle of good red wine: Nebiolo d' Alba.
The service was ok, but nothing special.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I have been in many Italian restaurants in Santo Domingo, this one is ok compared to some other restaurants.
I must say that the signature dish was amazing (stuffed ravioli with fish in a lemon sauce). I can eat that everyday.
We ordered octopus and a cheese/ham table for entries. For main course we ordered pasta, risotto and my raviolis for dessert tiramisu. The octopus tasted good but you can feel it has been in the fridge for a long time. The main courses are freshly made and they were good. The tiramisu was horrible too saggy!
There are other places around were you can have more return than this one. I really like the service; the owner was very attentive and was open to modify the recipes as requested. We went in the afternoon around 3pm and there was no one else at the restaurant. The place is small and dark and smells funny. It was very hot but the owner quickly turned on the fan. Overall we had a good time but nothing wow. Spent around $120.