“Authentic Italian Cuisine in the Heart or the Colonial Zone”

Pasatiempo da Enrico
Ranked #506 of 660 Restaurants in Santo Domingo
Price range: US$10 - US$65
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 3 December 2014

Fantastic food ,excellent service. Even though they were understaffed due to the construction on their street. Very quickly the owner Enrico took our order and started cooking. By the time things were ready to roll out,wait staff had arrived..
The Lemon sauce Ravioli is out of this world, the osso bucco divine and the seafood risotto fantastic. With the construction going on it is a perfect time to visit, I suspect this place is very busy normally as it came highly recommended by several hoteliers. Very short walk from the Conde.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I went one evening around 7PM and there were only two other patrons having dinner. I had the eggplant parmegiana for an appetizer and it was tasty. I ordered lasagna for my main course and it was horrible. Hard overcooked pasta noodles that I couldn't even chew. I sweated like a pig after drinking some red wine because the owner was too cheap to keep the air conditioner at a comfortable level. Stay away

Reviewed 3 February 2014

It was pouring rain and we were eager to find a restaurant. It was before the official opening hours of Pasatiempo da Enrico, however they welcomed us inside. Our meal was tasty. My husband had Lasagna and I had Eggplant Parmesan. We do not believe the food was exceptional, but it was very credible.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

We went to Pasatiempo da Enrico because a lot of the top rated restaurants at TripAdvisor were closed on a Sunday night... we were pleasantly surprised. It's always very easy to find OK tasting pasta, so it's not every day you come across one that stands out. I had rigatoni and my wife had ravioli (meat with lemon sauce) and they both tasted great. This restaurant is very conveniently located, between Plaza de España and the Cathedral, but doesn't feel touristy and snobbish like most of the restaurants there (some of them really good too, by the way). We didn't chat a lot with the Italian manager (owner, I guess?) but he did stop by and made sure everything was ok. A very nice Haitian woman waited our table and the service was outstanding.

We had two meals and a nice bottle of Italian red wine and our total came to just under 60 USD, which seems pretty fair, all things considered.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Absolutely delicious! The owner/chef is a master chef. My risotto was perfection as were everyone else's dishes. We shared an anti pasta platter and the selections were delicious - truly diverse selection of sausages, cheeses, ect.

I had my almost 2 year old son and my parents with me. My son is at the age that he can't sit still very long but with the owner/chef and waitresses interacting with him frequently - he was content to sit throughout dinner.

The limoncello there is to die for! So refreshing without the overpowering alcoholic taste.