“A true gem! Fantastic experience!!”

Pasatiempo da Enrico
Ranked #521 of 677 Restaurants in Santo Domingo
Price range: US$10 - US$65
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2016

After a period of road construction in front of the restaurant, Pasatiempo is ready to recover it's place as one of the great restaurants of the Colonial Zone. Located just one block off of Plaza de Espana, this restaurant offers a break from the heat and the bustle - and frankly the prices - of the square. Enrico was quite friendly and helped us to select meals which were exactly what each of us wanted. The pasta was perfectly cooked and everyone was very much pleased.

There are essentially to options for placed to dine here. There is a front room where there is a bar. There is no A/C here but the fan and large window kept the room very comfortable. Behind that room, there is an air conditioned space. The restaurant has beamed ceilings and thick walls this add greatly to the character of the space.

While I can certainly not speak for others who have dined here, I can say that my experience was wholly positive. I will absolutely return though I am not often in the Colonial Zone due to the terrible traffic in this city. But when I do, I look forward to tasting other creations by Enrico.

Reviewed 3 December 2014

Fantastic food ,excellent service. Even though they were understaffed due to the construction on their street. Very quickly the owner Enrico took our order and started cooking. By the time things were ready to roll out,wait staff had arrived..
The Lemon sauce Ravioli is out of this world, the osso bucco divine and the seafood risotto fantastic. With the construction going on it is a perfect time to visit, I suspect this place is very busy normally as it came highly recommended by several hoteliers. Very short walk from the Conde.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I went one evening around 7PM and there were only two other patrons having dinner. I had the eggplant parmegiana for an appetizer and it was tasty. I ordered lasagna for my main course and it was horrible. Hard overcooked pasta noodles that I couldn't even chew. I sweated like a pig after drinking some red wine because the owner was too cheap to keep the air conditioner at a comfortable level. Stay away

Reviewed 3 February 2014

It was pouring rain and we were eager to find a restaurant. It was before the official opening hours of Pasatiempo da Enrico, however they welcomed us inside. Our meal was tasty. My husband had Lasagna and I had Eggplant Parmesan. We do not believe the food was exceptional, but it was very credible.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

We went to Pasatiempo da Enrico because a lot of the top rated restaurants at TripAdvisor were closed on a Sunday night... we were pleasantly surprised. It's always very easy to find OK tasting pasta, so it's not every day you come across one that stands out. I had rigatoni and my wife had ravioli (meat with lemon sauce) and they both tasted great. This restaurant is very conveniently located, between Plaza de España and the Cathedral, but doesn't feel touristy and snobbish like most of the restaurants there (some of them really good too, by the way). We didn't chat a lot with the Italian manager (owner, I guess?) but he did stop by and made sure everything was ok. A very nice Haitian woman waited our table and the service was outstanding.

We had two meals and a nice bottle of Italian red wine and our total came to just under 60 USD, which seems pretty fair, all things considered.