Hotel La Casona Dorada
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hotel San Geronimo(Santo Domingo)
Ruben's Hotel(Santo Domingo)
Hostal Riazor(Santo Domingo)
View Hotel
Hotel Real Bella Vista(Santo Domingo)
  • Pool
W&P Santo Domingo(Santo Domingo)
Abyta Hotel(Santo Domingo)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 August 2016

in town for 2 nights. Location is good for the people with some expertise in Caribbean style pace. Restaurant food is Good, The hotel has remodel a lot and it is looking good.
Some areas still under improvement. the parking is tight but available for the are this is rare to find. Hotel rooms are large an at least mine was.

Room Tip: Wi fi was good in my room
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

This is a small boutique type hotel; in fact I would say it's more of a guest house. The rooms aren't fancy but are very spacious and functional.

It is conveniently located close by to several restaurants and other conveniences. It has a small pool and gym as well. They have a restaurant on site as well with pretty decent food.

The hotel is presently being renovated; but the inconvenience is minimal.....; staff is pleasant and eager to please.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 8 January 2016 via mobile

This place is centrally located, has parking, restaurant and a small pool. Not a fancy place but a decent place for50 dollars a night. If you want fancy go elsewhere, if you looking for a clean place to lay your head for night or two then this place is good for you

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 December 2015

My husband and I stayed a couple weeks ago at La Casona Dorada, as part of our 1-week getaway to Santo Domingo, visiting family and friends. Have to say that, despite the inconvenience of the hotel being a bit of a dusty mess due to a massive renovation taking place in it, our experience was, overall, very pleasant.

The room we stayed in was spacious, with a fairly comfy bed and an A/C (a must, considering the tropical weather!!); a nice bathroom with a shower and hot water; the pool, despite it looking quite tempting and well-maintained, we never used it due to being busy with other activities all around; the staff was warm, very welcoming and attentive to our needs (whenever we requested something, they'd always do it for us. And I guess the fact that my husband is Dominican-born-and-raised might've helped a bit extra). I didn't care much for the fact that the parking space available was kind of scarce because: #1, we weren't driving (sorry, haven't gotten used to Dominican driving!!), and #2, it had something to do with the construction. But if I had an objection, it would be the breakfast: it was ok for the price paid, but it did bothered me a bit that it wasn't too diverse and that it was always cold by the time my husband and/or I were able to go to the dining room for it (it always helps to keep food warm for the duration of the time it'll be offered). Other than that minor quip, everything went as expected. I will definitely consider returning to La Casona whenever we go back. Gracias por todo.

Room Tip: Good idea to keep the breakfast buffet warm to make it more attractive to guests
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2015

I Stay in this city hotel for 2 nights en 3 days for a conference about a new Engish methodology to be implement in my country named ELA English For Latin America. It was quite and clean. The food was ok and also the pool but never use it. The parking is small.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business