“Spacious and clean!”

Plaza Florida Suites
Ranked #26 of 79 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Reviewed 16 July 2017

This hotel is not big but the room we had was big, enough space for two adults and one child of 8 years old. The sliding door the the balcony facing the street (second floor) was not working but we still felt safe. There is an in room safe that can be used. Everything looked nice and clean. The fact that there's a kitchenette in the room makes it easy if you prefer to cook yourself.

There is an open bar under the hotel on the left side, this was very noisy one night. There's also a restaurant below the hotel.

The staff is friendly. The breakfast is not much, but you can't expect much from a continental breakfast.

We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We had a room that faced the street #217
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed at Plaza Florida Suites for one night and we were very happy with our choice of hotel. The staff was nice and helpful, the room was clean, modern and big. The breakfast was OK and I even had the chance to try the gym which was OK. The staff also helped us with taxi booking. I recommend this to anyone going to Santo Domingo.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed at the Florida Plaza Suites in Santa Domingo. The staff were very friendly and helpful. If a front desk staff couldn't​ speak English, they found someone that could. Most of the room was clean except for the open cupboards had dust in them and the balcony furniture was dirty. Our room was on the street side and very noisy with traffic. Dominicans​ love​ to beep their horns and drive recklessly. While humorous to witness this type of chaos, it got old fast.
Some people we met that stay at this hotel from time to time told us it was not a safe neighborhood to be walking around much even during the day. They told us to not look like a tourist taking pictures or using a cell phone as we could become targets. We did go the grocery store two times without any problems​ but, I was always looking around my surroundings to make sure no one was following us.
I would not recommend staying here unless you are adventurous and like the city environment.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here for five days. It was very nice, clean and quiet. The bathroom had a bidet, rain and multi-nozzle shower heads. The staff were overall very nice except for the young man that checked us in. He seemed to always be in a bad mood. Saying the front desk were bilingual is a stretch but we were able to make it work with oir limited Spanish. We will stay here again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

I've been in march 2016..and i really appreciated.that was so clean.i think Florida suites should b your destination when u come in Dominican republic.very clean,the breakfast is so good ,u got a gum room to make exercise I think I will go back.lol

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Hodelpa Caribe Colonial
#25 of 79 in Santo Domingo
W&P Santo Domingo
#21 of 79 in Santo Domingo

Been to Plaza Florida Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Plaza Florida Suites

Address: Bolivar - Esq. Armando Rodriguez 203, Santo Domingo 10405, Dominican Republic
Region: Caribbean > Dominican Republic > Santo Domingo Province > Santo Domingo
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #26 of 79 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Price Range: $110 - $164 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Plaza Florida Suites 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Plaza Florida Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.