“Great hotel, nice costumer service”
Review of Hotel Aladino

Hotel Aladino
Ranked #28 of 79 Hotels in Santo Domingo
Reviewed 13 July 2017

I was there 3 nights and was a good experiences, room was clean and update, love the bathroom with stand up shower, they have breakfast in the first floor, the breakfast was good, the costumer service is good they are very cooperative.

Room Tip: room next to the front have a good privacy
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Hotel Aladino E, Gerente at Hotel Aladino, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your review here on TripAdvisor. We are very happy you had enjoyed your stay in Aladino Hotel. We are already looking forward welcoming you here again. Best regards from Santo Domingo

Reviewed 2 May 2017

I booked three rooms for my wife and I and a couple of friends. We were spending the weekend in Santo Domingo. I can't complain about the service since the staff was really friendly, but there were a couple of issues with our rooms: Our room had only one nightstand, so on my side I had to put my cell phone and my watch under my pillow to see what time it was. Our closet was missing its doors. Also, there were no mirrors in the room, so we had to use the bathroom's mirror all the time. The Wi-Fi signal was not strong enough in one of our friend's room. Also, on the second floor the roof had strong sings of humidity problems (the paint was peeling off) and there weren't any "Do not disturb door knob sign", and a form to request room cleaning. Also, the safety box didn't work at all, so I had to carry my wallet with me all the time. In the morning, the breakfast was good but very limited. I mean, If you see the pictures they show in every booking website, you'd think that's what you'll have, but it was not the case. Overall, I know it's an inexpensive hotel, but they should fix some basic things any guest would expect. I'll book again in a couple of months to see if these issues have been taken care of.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review. We have taken note of your comments and hope to remedy soon, in order to improve our quality and service. Please contact us for any assistance in a future stay in Santo Domingo. Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Sited a good walk from any restaurants bars etc. Nice friendly staff, rooms are Ok but the internet connection is absolutely appalling. If you are travelling on business and need a decent internet connection avoid this hotel at all costs.

Room Tip: Try for a room near to reception to get any chance of an internet connection
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Unfortunately I didn't have the best experience here as the place was under construction and I felt like I was breathing in paint fumes the whole time.

The staff is lovely though and the Friends restaurant connected to it was so convienent and had great food. Though VERY noisey on the weekends

I would return again once it was finished.

Room Tip: Wait til the construction is over if possible.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

As the first time at Santo Domingo we wanted something more central to walk around.But made a huge mistake coming to this hotel. They are in construction and no one told us when we made the reservation, the room are super dirty and dusty, no hot water, is just terrible I fill like this is a scary horror movie. Please don't spend your US$80.00 in here it's just a nightmare.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business