“A reason to leave home....”
Review of Le Papillon

Le Papillon
Ranked #1 of 128 Restaurants in Puerto Plata
Price range: US$7 - US$50
Cuisines: German
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It never ceases to amaze me that, although we live in a major metropolitan area of the East Coast U.S., all we have to do is travel thousands of miles to get the most fantastic dinner and evening anyone could ask for....Le Papillon and Thomas served Garlic bread, then appetizers, then a steak for two (giants-not regular size) people, and chocolate mousse that requires you to lick the plate! My wife will tell every restaurant we visit in the future that, if they have the tails on their shrimp, she does not want shrimp cocktail. I'm going to have to add a German cook book to my collection to try to match Thomas's onion pie. These were followed by a chateaubriand cooked to perfection surrounded by a selection of potatoes, star fruit, sweet corn, and broccoli. This was followed by a chocolate mousse that we thought we would share, but my wife ate much more than her half! Tomorrow night dinner will be steak sandwiches, vegetables and red wine leftovers. It is possible we will take a taxi back to Le Papillon for Chocolate Mousse dessert. Thank You Thomas for an amazing evening.

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Great place, the food was awesome. Great German beer and atmosphere is perfect. Owner Thomas is the best host. A must visit when in Puerto Plata.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Another outstanding dinner at La Papillion
I have traveled the world and for me this is my favorite restaurant ever.
The quality of the food and the portions are great,you will never leave hungry or disappointed.
I have been their many times and still is amazing to me how Thomas handles the whole operation by himself!
I travel from Sosua to his place every time I’m in the DR.
Not easy to find specially now that the main road is under construction but is worth it.
If you are staying in any of the resorts a taxi will get you there.
Thanks again Thomas for another amazing meal.
We’ll see you soon,
Jorge & Mini

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

You can never go wrong with this restaurant. The food is always fresh and the service is great. If you’re in Puerto Plata, make sure and make a reservation. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 30 April 2018

this was my third visit two times this year on separate vacations and once again the food out of this world the owner/chef/bartender/waiter Thomas is awesome made reservations prior to my arrival via email and quick response with availability for my dates and times I went with four other people and everyone enjoyed there meal as well as the delicious desserts and before leaving all the women in our group received flowers from Thomas cant wait to be back real soon

1  Thank JERSEYVINNY