30 people are viewing this hotel
Iberostar.comUS$152
Booking.comUS$195
PricelineUS$139
8,877 results
All reviews pepsi cola hulu hulu lobby bar main buffet entertainment team dominican republic the mexican restaurant a la carte restaurants evening shows shrimp other resorts great resort recommend this resort work hard the beach is nice great trip these guys
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 November 2021

We are repeat customers who were anxious to return to our holiday home. Nothing fell short of our expectations. The staff pulled together to ensure that the reopening of this resort lived up to the earned reputation. COVID protocols and cleaning were followed which offered peace of mind. It was convenient to be offered PCR testing done at the resort for our return to Canada.

Date of stay: November 2021
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar
3  Thank Jack M
Reviewed 24 November 2021

We were at the resort from Nov 13th to 20th with a group of 24 and we had a fantastic time . The room I had was newly renovated and it looked great. The food was very good and the service we received from the staff was FANTASTIC ! Domingo in the breakfast buffet and Elvis at the pool bar more then took care of us. We had 12 kids between the ages of 18 and 21 and the activity staff of Road Runner and Pepsi kept them very busy. The kids entered ever contest they could and were a part of every show at night. Roadrunner and Pepsi made their stay outstanding. The beach was nice and there was a little seaweed in the morning but the staff cleaned it up everyday. The water was warm with a sandy bottom.
We will be definitely be going back!! Well Done Costa Dorada !!

1  Thank davidtT9375SX
Reviewed 22 November 2021 via mobile

We loved it, specially the night shows and the kindness of the staff. The food was great, the pool is huge, everyone had space to enjoy themselves without bothering anyone. Overall there was a quiet, peaceful family environment.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2021 via mobile

This resort should be called iZEROstar.
The lack of bilingual employees is off putting. The lack of employees in general is off putting. There is no way this is a five star resort. Have you ever been to a five star all inclusive resort that you are not understood in 95 percent of the places you go to on the resort? English is my native language and while I understand that it isn’t there, it should at least be required in some way. Sure you visit all inclusive resort for many reasons, but when you can’t even get an answer when you’re asking what time something closes, or you’re trying to explain you took a fall and need an ice pack, than being understood becomes a priority.

How can anyone rate a resort five stars if they have tasted the Italian restaurant and the Mexican restaurant? Perhaps the restaurants should be called Dominican versions of the specific cuisine. Penne with meatballs should not taste like ham, nor should the meatballs be the size of meatballs that you would get in canned food, it’s one of the most simple Italian dishes to make.

The dessert at the restaurants I actually had to spit into my napkin. Truly inedible (most of them, most specifically all at the Japanese and the panna cotta at Italian). I read a response from an owner on here about making sure that the quality of the food is priority and making sure it’s safe since Covid. While I understand Covid is such a big excuse for everyone to make, does it excuse a kid licking the ice scream scooper from the buffet and putting it back into the ice cream? Had there been staff truly looking around to make sure things are top notch and safe perhaps the staff should be paying extra attention to the kids going next to the sweets? Just an idea.

I get it! I realize that the reason that this is labeled five stars is because it has been infiltrated by locals who get serviced first, who are allowed to bring food back to the room (after my sister was told she couldnt). I realize that the locals get served drinks in a quicker fashion and are talked to in a friendlier way than non locals. It’s so infiltrated that we were having a hard time listening to the music that was playing on the resort because boom boxes were playing so loudly.

Suggestions;
Train the chefs the proper cuisine they are hired to cook. Cross train them if you have to. Invest in your brand by making sure what your representing is authentic. If you can’t stay true to that than maybe make some mofongo or other native dishes and shine.
Send your staff for English classes. Everyone should know how to at least understand and be able to communicate to some degree. What if there’s an emergency????
Clean your pool please. The bugs, yellow stains on bathing suits and skin is gross.

Positives
The resort is designed beautifully (except for the incline by the pool stairs true accident waiting to happen).
The buffet was okay. Not enough native choices but way better than the Italian and Mexican. The Japanese was good.
The beach is nice (peddlers a bit aggressive).
DOMINGO FROM THE BUFFET CLOSEST TO THE LOBBY DESERVES A RAISE. HARDEST WORKER ON THE RESORT. PEASANT ATTITUDE AND ACTUALLY COULD UNDERSTAND US!!!!!! True hustler! Polite. Let him teach the servers how to be friendly and accommodating!!!!!!!

I will never return to I zero star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ToniP10311221
Iberostar Hotels and Resorts, General Manager at Iberostar Costa Dorada, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2021

Dear Guest,

Although we sincerely regret reading that your holiday at our hotel was not to your liking, we are grateful that you have taken the time to send us your review.

We are sorry if at any time you did not feel comfortable during your stay at our hotel due to the different nationalities of our guests. Let us comment that, although our establishment has a marked national character, the most of our team speaks english, among other languages, to ensure that all our clients feel well cared for, regardless of their nationality. We sincerely regret if at any time you did not perceive it that way.

Furthermore, concerning our excellent buffet, we will relay your opinions to our team of professional chefs who will make the most of the improvement possibilities that your comments provide us with. Gastronomy is a pillar of our company and it is through feedback such as yours that we can constantly progress and develop on our quest for complete customer satisfaction.

Please rest assured that we have taken your concerns seriously and we hope that you will allow us another opportunity at one of our hotels in the future.

Best regards,

Quality Manager Online
Iberostar Costa Dorada

Reviewed 17 November 2021

If you want the perfect wedding- This is the perfect place for you and your guest!

I had my wedding at this hotel and I can say it was my dream wedding. I had over 150 guests and they all fell in love with the hotel. The service was marvelous. Every staff member you interact with wants to make sure you are having the best vacation possible. The food was delicious. The hotel was able to cater to everyone's tastes, food preferences, and food allergies. Throughout the stay and the wedding.

Thanks to the wedding coordinator Deyadira for making sure my wedding was the best. It is difficult to have a destination wedding but Deyadira kept in contact with me to ensure my wedding would be as I dreamed it. It was difficult to imagine this was going to be possible, especially with adhering to all the safety precautions. Thanks to Deyadira everything came out better than expected. There was not a question or request that she said no to. The pool, the beach, the food, the ambiance were just great. All my guests shared that this was one of the best weddings they attended too. My wedding consisted of three events, I had a bon fire the day before, the wedding day, and a brunch the day after. No other hotel was able to offer this, specially during these times.

I could have not asked for a better coordinator. Deyadira you rock and I highly recommend everyone to choose this hotel and work with you.

Room tip: La habitaciones en cara a la playa son bellas.
Date of stay: October 2021
1  Thank egalle05
Iberostar Hotels and Resorts, General Manager at Iberostar Costa Dorada, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2021

Dear guest,

We are very happy to read that our hotel has lived up to your expectations. We look forward to serving you again to repeat or even surpass this experience.

Regards,