We booked our vacation with nolitours (what a mistake), and everything about this was just terrible.
We were a party of 4 two adults, and two teenagers. Our travel agent sent a letter a month an advance requesting that we had two rooms close by each other, with an ocean or garden view. When we first checked in we had to WAIT 2 hours to be served, and later were told that our rooms are in complete different sections. I was in 30322, and my mother was in 20122 which is about a 15 min walk. When the bellboy took our luggage to our room, we had no idea how to reach our parents. Our phone in our room did not work, and we had no idea where their building was. Eventually we all meet up at the lobby. After walking 25mins to the lobby and finding each other, we all decided to go grab a bite to eat. We went to the buffet called the pearl, while we were having a hotdog and a hamburger--Which was awful-- My sister began screaming, when she noticed a huge, black, cockroach! Not only was this cockroach in the buffet were almost 600 guest eat, but there was also 2 in my room!!!!!!!
I was mortified! I could not sleep, and i insisted that the lobby changed our room, since a) we asked for a closer room to my parents and b) since i have to disgusting cockroaches in my hotel room. Not only did they not change our but they sprayed chemicals in our room to kill the cockroaches and we had to sleep there for 2 nights, until they changed our room.
Once they changed our room, we were closer to our parents, but still further from the hotel. It still took us 25mins to get to the lobby, which was insane!!!!
Our third day was a little bit better, although the food was still terrible. I found a piece of metal in my pizza which was made at "the pearl" hotel. We ended up finding out that if you want to eat you should go to The Topical Hotel, this is where all the VIPS are who own Timeshares, and the food is much much better there!! Since they have to much nicer to the VIPS!
Another thing, there are many men on the resort trying to make you buy timeshares which is extremely annoying, they make you feel bad if you don't take the tour with them, and they constantly keep asking you to go with them! Half of our vacation consisted of telling them no! Since they never got the message!! Also The VIPS get alot more benefits than we did, they had their own special beaches, bars, and even own golf carts which believe you want since the hotel is on a mountain! You could tell that the staff favored the VIP and it was extremely noticeable, to the point where we felt like 3rd class citizens!!!
Also when we wanted to book an alacarte , we were told that the VIP get whatever they want and we get whatever is leftover. Our Nolitours representative was extremely rude, and very unhelpful! She informed my family and I that because we are not VIP that we are not priority for getting alacartes!!
We also heard from other guest at the hotel that they had bedbugs, and even termites!!!! Which the hotel did not want to change their rooms!!
Overall the hotel LOOKS beautiful, but inside its a mess and very very disorganized! They need a good cleaning, with a much nicer staff. If i were the manager and owner of this hotel i would be ashamed! This is not a 4.5 star!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort – Dominican Republic is the newest jewel in the Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club. Nestled along the Cofresi beach shores, and overlooking the sparkling Caribbean sea, this resort caters to the luxurious enjoyment of both families and couples looking for that perfect getaway. With 468 well-appointed accommodations that range from Adult Only Spa Suites, to Standard family friendly rooms located in a quite setting between the ocean beach and spectacular pool, this is a paradise worthy of the Lifestyle name. The resort was created with space and comfort in mind, making Cofresi Palm a relaxing, enjoyable and satisfying experience for all guests and their families. All rooms have air conditioning, cable television, phones, and ceiling fans, while the decor has a distinctive design, featuring dark wood furnishings. Shaded patios and verandas provide a relaxing place to gather in some of the units. Providing both service and features that are standard for a Lifestyle property, the Cofresi Palm offers a unique luxury accommodations experience. Cofresi Palm provides the easy, relaxed ambiance of the Caribbean in an opulent and elegant setting. Experience the array of beauty and excitement that Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Village Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Hotel Cofresi
- Dominican Republic Sun Village
- Sun Village Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Spa
- Sun Village Resort Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Resort Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Beach Resort
- Sun Village Resort Spa Puerto Plata