Good experience from airport to hotel. Check in Ok But had to wait until 3:00 p.m. to come back for room keys. This resort is built on a hill and has lots of steps. When you leave lobby you go down 12 steps to bar, pool and seating area. Then you go down 15 more steps to get to buffet area for meals. Meals were average. Breakfast you can get eggs cooked any way you would like them, fresh fruit, pancakes, toast, rolls, cereal, juice , coffee and other regular breakfast items. There is something for everyone at Breakfast no matter what others say in their posts.
Lunch you can have soup, salads, sandwichs, pizza, hamburgers, hot dogs and lots of other choices. Again something for everyone.
Dinners they have soup, hamburgers, hot dogs, fresh cooked meats you can pick out and they will grill for you. Lots of vegetable, salad and desert choices.
Meals were all decent and NO one was sick.
Most disappointment with resort is lots of steps to get any where until you get to paths that go to pools and beaches.
Also they mention that everyone is on Dominican time and that is correct. DO not expect any thing to get done quickly. I tried to get extra pillows with No result. It took all of one day to get shower head replaced as water was only coming out in middle of shower head. Then they call you at 10:00 P.M. or after to see if everything is OK.
TOILETS do not flush like they should. Really big problem if you have to have a good bowel movement.
Check out very efficient and trip to airport very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort – Dominican Republic is the newest jewel in the Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Club. Nestled along the Cofresi beach shores, and overlooking the sparkling Caribbean sea, this resort caters to the luxurious enjoyment of both families and couples looking for that perfect getaway. With 468 well-appointed accommodations that range from Adult Only Spa Suites, to Standard family friendly rooms located in a quite setting between the ocean beach and spectacular pool, this is a paradise worthy of the Lifestyle name. The resort was created with space and comfort in mind, making Cofresi Palm a relaxing, enjoyable and satisfying experience for all guests and their families. All rooms have air conditioning, cable television, phones, and ceiling fans, while the decor has a distinctive design, featuring dark wood furnishings. Shaded patios and verandas provide a relaxing place to gather in some of the units. Providing both service and features that are standard for a Lifestyle property, the Cofresi Palm offers a unique luxury accommodations experience. Cofresi Palm provides the easy, relaxed ambiance of the Caribbean in an opulent and elegant setting. Experience the array of beauty and excitement that Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Village Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Hotel Cofresi
- Dominican Republic Sun Village
- Sun Village Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Spa
- Sun Village Resort Dominican Republic
- Sun Village Resort Puerto Plata
- Sun Village Beach Resort
- Sun Village Resort Spa Puerto Plata