Be Live Collection Marien
US$242
US$224
BlueBay Villas Doradas Adults Only(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$129
US$157
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Sunscape Puerto Plata Dominican Republic(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$124
  • Breakfast included
VH Gran Ventana Beach Resort(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$244
US$191
  • Breakfast included
Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$111
US$91
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Blue JackTar(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$116
Travelocity
ClubHotel Riu Merengue(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$86
TripAdvisor
4,427 results
All reviewsgrand mariensnack bardanny boygourmet restaurantspaghettientertainment staffdominican republica la carte restaurantsocean viewkids clubgreat resortrecommend this resortwater polopunta canaother resortsbeach volleyballa lot of fun
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Entertainment staff 5/5
Night time entertainment 5/5
Food service 4/5
Cleaning 4/5
Front desk 3/5

I believe your holiday is what you make it. Overall we had a great holiday here. We enjoyed the daily pool entertainment with all of their energy and encouragement every day to get involved.

When we arrived we had an issue with or room. My boyfriend and I received a room with two double beds instead of the king that I’d book. I immediately went down letting them know and asking to switch, where they told me to come back and talk to the manager at 9am and my name/ room was writer down. Meanwhile...I went back at 9am the following day and was then told to talk to two different people and that the manager wasn’t there and to come back at 4pm. At 4pm I was addressed saying the manager was in a ‘meeting’ and they didn’t know where to put us and to come back at 6pm. To not make this any longer...I just waited at the desk until they found me a room with a King. I found it very frustrating that the manager was never there...and the one who initially told me to talk to the manager the next day was the manager! Along with the girls speaking in Spanish about what was going on. After the room issue, i didn’t have to deal with the desk again until checkout.

In your room you have a safe, however you need to RENT the lock from the front desk for 21$usd. Things do have a tricky time drying in the damp. So in the day we rung things outside.

We had a basic king room- not at all like the pictures. Friends of ours had the Superior room (something I would recommend getting if you want a newer room and plan to spend some time in your room). Our room was very basic, the maid did a beautiful arrangement of flowers daily and supplied lots of water. They were great. Friends who had the superior room had a beautiful new bathroom/ door/ flooring/ etc.

As much as we enjoyed the resort, my boyfriend and I both got very ill one night. Both throwing up, followed a few days later by him having another issue. A few other couples we talked to had this too. We 100% don’t blame the retort as they cook so much food, that you never know where there could be contamination. It could also be that they wash vegetables and things in tap water, where as we cannot drink any of the water in Dominican.

For a resort hotel, they had a great fitness/ gym! Lots of weights and space to workout.

The day and nighttime entertainment were the best! They made each day fun, and you could win prizes. Whenever we played a game or darts/ ping pong/ basketball, we were always having fun. It’s wonderful to see the staff enjoying their jobs too. The entertainment staff that truly stood out were Luis, Spaghetti, And Caesar. I truly commend their energy as they work hard non stop, and we saw a few of them at nighttime in the show!

Overall a good experience!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was here for 3 days, checkin starts at 3pm, if early you can use facilities with no problem, check in was painless no issues, rooms are ok, bathroom needs to be updated, when we shower water leak all over the floor, food was good, buffett was good, they have a la carte restaurants, need to be booked in advanced, ask for the safe, $3 a day not big deal, don't know why wi-fi is not free, they give you an hour a day, and if you want they have a paid service expensive, if you can get internet service from your carrier at home...att usa only $10 a day, pool was good, beach nice, check out was smooth, use uber from and to airport..only $7 usd if you take local taxi is $35 usd..yes i can't believe the difference...overall we like it..will be back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank quintero231999
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First of all, food exceeded my expectations! Grounds are well kept and clean...ok so lots's of leaves on the lawns ..no big deal! Beach is cleaned daily! Housekeeping is excellent! VIP worth the money if you hate standing in line for restaurant reservations , Mexican and Brazilian are well worth it. VIP area on the beach with your own bar...Thanks Jeffery...and comfortable lounging beds...and also no lines at the VIP bar at the beach! Also VIP lounge and beach bar serve top shelf alcohol. VIP lounge also has snacks available all day. Buffet has a lot of food options and also VIP area. VIP lounge has free wifi and you get 15 hours of wifi to use during your stay. One and only complaint is the dated rooms and poor quality mattress....but remember you get what you pay for! This resort is good value if your not picky about your room or mattress!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hickchickster
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Teenagers had a lot of fun on the beach, at the pool, at meals, and at the dance lessons with Mosquito, Spaghetti, Luis David, Vladimir, Caesar, Ricky, Camacaro, and Luis Liriano! The only real issue for teenagers was the limited WiFi, but that forced them to enjoy the other entertainment and not spend so much time on their phones!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Actually a combination of all three, in fact reading some of the "Horror Stories" we were getting a tad worried, but its really not bad at all.

Its Good because the food is good and contrary to some reviews, the staff are also good. The animation is good, the guests are good (no disruptive element) primarily Canadian (I must mention here that after visiting the country several times, and meeting them in Mexico, Jamaica and The DR, I have yet to meet an unfriendly Canadian!) with a spattering of French and Scandinavian. The restaurants are very good, but it is worth pointing out they have faults. The Mylos, has its aircon turned down to refrigeration level, and its up a steep flight of stairs, so if you are disabled, you are screwed. The Mexican has stupidly low seats so you are almost sitting on the floor, and The Brazilian has wicker work chairs, without cushions, so they are a real pain in the butt! They serve branded spirits which is fine.

Its Bad, because you are charged $3 a day for an old fashioned safe, which really is not that safe, and as a Non VIP guest you only get an hours WiFi per day, which you receive, if you are lucky in an open sided thatched cottage thing. The Pool Bar blasts out loud music all day, not relaxing, however The Beach bar is OK. It lacks somewhere comfortable to relax after dinner, the "Dance Bar" in the lobby dishes out drinks, but it needs a purpose built affair, with waiter service.

It is Ugly, because it is tired, old, worn out and needs a considerable investment to bring it up to what I would say is an acceptable standard. It is not dirty as some have said, but it looks dirty, because of the above. The standard rooms, with terracotta tiles on the floor and reproduction antique Spanish Colonial furniture are dark and dingy, and the refurbished ones are not much better, like I say a few million dollars are needed. Then there is the patio door locking device, which is A NAIL that you ram through two pre drilled holes in the PVC, high tech or what!

Overall, taking into account what we paid it was alright, would we go again, NO!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple