“There's a Reason They Are a Top-50 Caribbean Beach Restaurant”

Jellyfish Beach Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 371 Restaurants in Punta Cana
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, View, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 November 2016

What a truly remarkable restaurant!!

We were staying a Melia Caribe Tropical and wanted to try something other than the resort restaurants. As an added bonus it was only a 20 minute walk along the beach from our resort and it was the night of the super moon.

We arrived and were suitably impressed right from the start. . . the restaurant looks like a beach version of the Robinson Crusoe Treehouse. . . it is open, two levels and beautiful exposed wood and bamboo.

The staff are definitely on “island time,” which in my humble opinion is part of the charm. . . we’re in no hurry so why should they?

The drinks were delicious, and the beer in bottles.

After the menus were delivered and the drinks placed the manager came by with a large platter with Red Snapper, Lobster, and Langoustines, saying they were fresh caught and would be like one.

The menu tries to cater to all tastes, within the confines of fresh, grilled, and delicious. They do have some pasta and fried offering, but we were there for seafood and they did not disappoint.

Here is what you need to know. . . if you are looking for fresh seafood, cooked simply over fire, with a clean taste and incredible flavour then you have come to the right place. If you are looking for pretentious, overly complicated fare. . . keep walking.

There is a reason Jellyfish is ranked in the Top 50 Caribbean beach restaurants. . . they know what they are doing, have a fun and relaxed setting, and one of the most incredible views we’ve seen while dining.

We started with the Octopus Carpaccio which was melt in your mouth tender and delicious, and the Empanada plate. The Empanada’s were the perfect combination of an excellent dough and lots of filling. There is an assortment of Chicken, Beef, Spinach and Onion, and Cheese.

The starters were followed by the Grilled Seafood Platter that had Grouper, Rock Lobster, Langoustines, Scallops, Octopus, Shrimp, and Squid – we were licking our fingers it was so good.

The Platter came with a very tasty grilled vegetable Anti-pasta, and Tostones.

We highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a relaxing evening and a truly exceptional experience.

2  Thank JFC-TLC
Write a ReviewReviews (1,189)

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

We took a taxi especially to get there because our hotel recepcionist recommended us to go.
We arrived to the restaurant at 22:30, 30 minutes before their closing time and we got denied service just claiming they had no clients so they wanted to close earlier. We lost the money from the taxi ride and had to go to another restaurant.
Such a pitty that a beautiful business like that one has this behaviour. Upsetting.

1  Thank Opamies
Reviewed 8 November 2016

I fell in love with Jellyfish a few months ago when searching for a venue in Punta Cana. However, I was not trying to spend a fortune on a wedding. I emailed Jellyfish for information regarding a small wedding under 40 people. Days later they sent me the menu and prices which were not that bad. However, I emailed numerous times after and every few weeks would get a short response. I waited weeks to hear back from them which delayed me booking a venue. It's been many months and to this day I'm still waiting for an email. The last person I spoke to said they would email me in the morning with an updated invoice. NEVER DID.

I feel they might be more attentive for large weddings and those who want to spend lots of money. I wish they had just been honest and said they only work with large parties instead of leading me on for weeks. I ended up losing the weekend weekend I wanted with another venue because I waited so long for Jellyfish to email back. I'm sure the weddings here turn out great from what I see in the photos but I would never feel comfortable booking an event at this point. I finally gave up on them and booked a different off-resort venue that I'm happy with. However, every time I think about Jellyfish it just brings back sad memories of what could have been :( Maybe they should hire more staff to keep up with the emails/calls. I can't imagine planning my wedding there and not being in the loop of what's going on. That would add so much more stress. However hopefully future brides have better luck than I did.

2  Thank nyctraveler05
Reviewed 3 November 2016

Well worth you time. Some place you need to visit. Good food, lots of fun. Staff very friendly. The punch was to die for. All around great time a must go.

2  Thank Joseph P
Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

Had a ball. Took a small boat to a catamarin. Once there plenty of swimming,dancing and of course rum punch and Cuba Libre.

1  Thank Catherine A