45 people are viewing this hotel
US$173
Free cancellation until 08/07/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$173
Free cancellation until 08/07/22
Trip.com
US$138
PricelineUS$173
Hotels.comUS$173
FindHotelUS$173
9,041 results
All reviews garden grill a la carte privilege club large resort air transat main buffet lobby bar dominican republic japanese restaurant recommend this resort great resort buffet food main pool language barrier beach chairs great vacation other resorts
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 May 2022

Starting with check in being at 3pm. We arrived at 525pm and our room wasn't ready. Previous reviews told me that happens alot, so I asked how long and was shooed away to go get a drink at the bar. I gave it 10 minutes and walked back asking where my room was. Someone else beside me was waiting for 2 hours and I refused to let that be me. After 5 minutes, I showed $1 and we got our room. We were here for our honeymoon, weeks prior I emailed the resort back and fourth about doing something special in our room, the emails went answered but the request was never filled. Not a huge deal.
Getting to the room, it's just meh. Mold all over the shower wall. The bed was comfy, the ac didn't work, but the mini fridge and safe did.
The grounds are beautiful and very well kept. The public washrooms were clean. No issues with the ocean! The pools were alittle boring, unless someone brought their bluetooth speaker, and the bartenders in each one acted like they didn't want to be there, and we are tippers.
As for food. I was full for lunch and dinner but breakfast was lacking. Never got sick like other reviewers mentioned but it could happen as alot of things aren't refrigerated and if they are, not properly. The a la carte meals were great: steak house, Greek, Japanese, and Italian. Italian was overly salty but the experience was nice. All places were nice and the servers were attentive. Overall, all staff, tipping didn't really get you anywhere like you'd think it would in places like this, and we understand they have it harder than us from Canada, just wouldve been nice to see appreciation and good service for it as times are tough everywhere.
We were expecting atleast 4 star and it felt like a 3. The two of us didn't let it stop us and we made it all worth while. But next time to Punta Cana will be somewhere else!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JGCD6
Online Reputation Coordinator Bav, Otro at Bahia Principe Grand Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Client,

We would like to express our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced at our facilities. We regret that we did not fully meet your expectations.

We are pleased that you mentioned the gardens, the restaurants, etc.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at any of our Bahia Principe Hotels in the Dominican Republic, Mexico, Jamaica and/or Spain, and to demonstrate our commitment to service and customer satisfaction.

Reviewed 20 May 2022

OKAY PEOPLE GET IT TOGETHER.

I just came back from a 10 day stay with my wife here and it was excellent. Reading some of these reviews and complaints are ridiculous.

1: if you are expecting to not see any bugs in the Caribbean…. Go to Alaska. Of course there’s going to be some ants and bugs. YOURE IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC!

2: People complaining that the staff speak to much spanish…. YOURE IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC! If you want to make sure that every staff member can speak english go to England. All the staff we interacted with were 10/10!

3: People complaining that the rooms look old and dated…. I have questions for these people. 1 is how much time do you actually spend in your room on a vacation? 2: if you want a luxury looking room. Go to a luxury hotel. Our room was clean, whenever we needed anything there was a staff member at our room within 5 minutes of calling.

4: People complaining about too much spanish music…. If you want to hear some AC/DC book a vacation to Texas. YOURE IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC! The music was fabulous.

5: People complaining about too many people on the beach and no privacy… they should book themselves a private villa somewhere. You’re on a beautiful beach, with awesome sand and turquoise water…. And you’re complaining? The resort has at least 6 pools that I’ve seen that they could go to and have less people….

The entertainment team did a fantastic job, there was always something to do. The buffet was different every day. The resort was SUPER CLEAN. The amount of staff they have at all times cleaning and maintaining the resort is incredible. The shows at 9pm were the best resort shows I’ve ever seen. Especially the Circus show, wow just WOW!

Please read the negative reviews with a grain of salt. Some people can find anything to complain about which is pretty sad.

I will recommend this resort to anyone and I will for sure come back.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank marisa1616
Online Reputation Coordinator Bav, Otro at Bahia Principe Grand Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2022

Dear Client,

All of us at our hotel are passionate about serving and exceeding our guests' expectations. We greatly appreciate your positive comments.

We are pleased that you highlighted the service, our staff, the varied food, the pools, the beautiful beach, etc.

Please let us know of your next visit to Punta Cana at Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, your best hotel in the Dominican Republic.

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 May 2022 via mobile

I don’t know where to start. The “junior superior suite” is terrible, basically motel 8 room (and even those are nicer). I asked for an upgrade after seeing these false advertised rooms and all inclusive really isn’t what it’s cracked up to be. I attempted to show them my travel agent card with my IATA INFORMATION FROM MY COMPANY, expressing that I will review them as I have others who wanted to come here. I generally like to give reviews to my clients after I visit. I’ll never recommend this place.

I even offered to pay more to be at the amber luxury but was told it’ll be $50 more per day (It really was just about 10-15 more per day online). I am hoping to cancel the rest of my stay tomorrow and book at a different resort. Everyone here seems confused. Hard to find a person who speaks decent English but I expected that. Beds at the grand Punta cana are hard as bricks! no wash clothes, no room service, minibar literally has nothing but 4 sodas and 4 bottles of water. expect to over pay here, especially if you’re using a credit card. Expect to starve as well because the food that is included has time limits to when you can eat. Also should note that there isn’t a standard for cross contamination, as I watched the guy on the grill put fish, chicken, and beef right next to each other as if they don’t understand that they can kill someone who may have a fish allergy. Most meats were undercooked as well.

I’m going to be so angry if I can’t leave this place, haven’t even been here a full 24 hours. I’m supposed to stay until Monday, but I prefer home at this point. Will not recommend to my clients, will inform my travel agency to remove them from our affiliated resorts as well as they don’t even honor the IATA anyway. Worst vacation ever especially if I have to be stuck here until the 16th of May. So much money wasted. I’m fed up with this place already.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank dontayab
Online Reputation Coordinator Bav, Otro at Bahia Principe Grand Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2022

Dear Client,

We regret all the inconveniences caused during your stay in our facilities and that these could have tarnished our image.

We inform you that we have already sent your comment to the Hotel, for its due management.

Reviewed 11 May 2022 via mobile

The resort is very beautiful. Entertainment team, bartenders, and servers in restaurants are very nice. If you are impatient I would recommend eating at the buffet every night because at the Tequila Mexican restaurant we waited 2 hours for our food. The only problem is that the lobby is staff is very unorganized and unhelpful. We booked well in advanced and requested the rooms to be close together and they were not. When promised that they were going to switch the room the next day, they lied and in fact did not which had members of our party waiting for over 2 hours with no room. As this was happening the check in staff was laughing because apparently it is amusing for them to see their guests unhappy. Manager Manuel is very arrogant and unhelpful. We most likely will not be coming back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank vbrilhante
Online Reputation Coordinator Bav, Otro at Bahia Principe Grand Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2022

Dear Client,

We are very sorry to hear that you did not feel comfortable with our services.

We are pleased that you mentioned the entertainment team, the buffet food, etc.

We look forward to welcoming you on a future stay and in this way to demonstrate our commitment to service and customer satisfaction, the hallmark of quality and guarantee of our Bahia Principe family.

Reviewed 11 May 2022

Had a fantastic time on our family holiday, the place was absolutely spotless... all the staff were fantastic.. from the cleanings to the entertainment staff.. the waitors and gardeners... just everyone was so friendly, looked after us very well. Made some amazing memories.. entertainment staff were brilliant getting us involved in funny games and activities.. especially Stephanie,Roberto and Adrian.. absolutely hilarious people.. who also taught us how to dance, lovely waitress marlean took care of by the pool our whole holiday... keeping up topped up with drinks and making sure we were happy... no once single Complaint about this holiday.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank rachelgrieve17

Dear Cliente,

It's nice to know that we provided you with a fantastic vacation and that you mention the staff, activities, drinks, etc. Your comments will be passed on to all of them.

We look forward to welcoming you soon!

Best regards,