Royalton Bavaro Resort & Spa - All Inclusive
US$335
US$262
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$125
Barcelo.com
US$205
US$128
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$283
US$188
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$328
US$218
US$250
US$213
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$337
US$263
  • Breakfast included
NH Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$85
US$809
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdiamond clubfitness staffmartini baroceanside restaurantbrazilian grilldc poolaqua zumbabedroom presidential suitegrowing painshunter steakhousemorning yogagourmet marchefitness centertravel smartfitness classeslanguage barrierteen club
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

What a beautiful hotel!!! Best one I’ve stayed at yet in the DR. I’ll definitely be returning. I can’t believe the complaints I read on here. I was leery when I read them wondering what I was getting into. But now that I’m here I don’t want to leave.

Upon arriving:

First impression, gorgeous. Was greeted with a cool towel. Check in was a bit slow and disorganized. Child bracelets weren’t available as they had limited stock. Staff were very friendly, no language barrier at all.

Room:
Was given a room in building 16, overlooking the splash pad. Beautiful room. Minor things like the washroom door lock not working was not an issue, but noticed. Quiet, clean, spacious. Beds were comfortable. Didn’t know I was supposed to have snacks until another guest told me, but as soon as I called, they came right away. If you’re with your family, the bathtub is out in the open, so no private soaking, and shower door has a gap and doesn’t lock. Just want you to be aware. Power is preserved when you shut off lights, so room can be a bit muggy at night, ceiling fan stops also.

You really don’t need to upgrade to Diamond Club, you get everything you need in the regular room.

Grounds:
Very clean, they were always cleaning. The plants aren’t fully planted yet, so there’s not many flowers or birds. Probably in a years time it will be gorgeous.

Beach:
Omg breathtaking. I didn’t know March/April is the windy season, so expect lots of waves and choppy. Plenty of beach chairs, but the towel game is in full effect here, so if you want anything close to the front, you have to get up early. I swear some people reserved the night before. But there was no shortage, staff always found chairs for you if you couldn’t see something. Service was excellent, they served popsicles on the really hot days.

Lazy river and pools:
Didn’t spend too much time in the pool itself, but the lazy river was a blast. Lots of fun, but don’t expect it to be to lazy, lots of little kids and water spraying on you.

Food:
Didn’t try the fancy restaurants as it was just me and my son. So we did a lot of main buffet. The food was delicious and although he’s a finicky eater, he always found something to eat. We were never hungry. The grill in the middle of the lazy river is awesome. But limited seating. The food truck was a bit of a disaster. Long line ups and they didn’t seem to be prepared. Ran out of the special burger before 2 pm. Oceanside by the beach was a good location, but food was a bit bland and repetitive. But good if you didn’t want to leave the beach. The Italian restaurant was also bland. But for the most part, you could tell they were really trying to please everyone.

That’s about it really. If you can write or speak a bit of Spanish, the service is a bit better and do bring some small bills for tipping. They don’t make a lot of money.

Have a wonderful time and don’t let the negative comments deter you.

1  Thank Ironbutterfly
Juan T, General Manager at Royalton Bavaro Resort & Spa - All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Ironbutterfly

Receive a warm regard from Royalton Bavaro Resort & Spa.

We heartily appreciate your taking the time to write such a kind review on our resort Royalton Bavaro Resort & Spa. We are delighted to read that you spent a most wonderful holiday.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again in our Hotel and assure you that you will enjoy superior services and facilities on your next visit.

Best regards.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Great equipment, great staff, and great classes. Equipment works smoothly and staff was very kind and ready to help with anything. There were also apples and bananas for anyone who wanted them. Great gym.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear guest

Receive a warm regard from Royalton Bavaro Resort & Spa.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at Royalton Bavaro we are glad the product and services were to your fullest satisfaction.

It was a great pleasure welcoming you to Royalton Bavaro. We are looking forward to welcome you again in our Hotel and assure you that you will enjoy even superior services and facilities on your next visit.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Jennifer Francisco , was the best staff we’ve seen in the hotel my kids cup was never empty she constantly came to serve us drinks she was so nice n kind my kids love her we are coming back to this hotel thanks to her kindness

1  Thank claudiajrxmia

Dear claudiajrxmia

Best regards.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I was here for spring break week and had amazing service from the room service his name was Francisco Javier Ciprian he attended to every need and took it upon himself to find what I needed for my baby girl that only drinks yogurt.

1  Thank pico5288

Dear pico5288

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I just got back from a 7 day all inclusive trip. This resort was amazing. I have 0 complaints. If you are respectful and kind as you should always be you will get it back in return. The staff was amazing and very friendly and helpful. Special mention to Elizabeth at check-in who was so sweet and gave us a room with a view of the lazy river and beach.she always had a smile and check in took no more then 10 minutes. Also, Geraldo in the teens club is amazing with the kids and so helpful and friendly. The resort is beyond breathtaking. The beach has Crystal clear water and soft white sand with no seaweed. The pools are luke warm and beautiful and the hot tub was hot. Food was amazing. Hunters, Italian and the restaurant down by the beach were amazing and the grill by the lazy river was always excellent too with amazing BBQ chicken, and ribs. The Lazy River was a hugh hit for us. It goes around the interior of the resort and is hugh. It has so many featured from water falls, to a swim out bar attached as to go through. Our room was absolutely beautiful and the bed was sooooo comfy. Our fridge was stocked daily and room cleaned daily as well. I have 0 complaints. This is an amazing resort with lots to do for adults and kids. I will defiantly be returning.
5 stars from me. Remember you are in their country. Respect and kindness goes along way.

7  Thank Glendene J