Myself, my bf, and my parents went to Bavaro Princess from July 9 - July 16, 2011. Ages ranging from 32-56. We got a pretty good deal as well, just under 1000.00 CAN per person.
We all had a really wonderful week, with little to no complaints.
We stayed in the 800's, probably the furthest from the ocean, but near the main buffet and small pool. The trolley comes around every few minutes, so it really was not a huge deal. Our room was very clean, nice big bed, and lots of space. Our shower head was not really attached to the wall, but we made do with it.
AND the trolley stops sometimes along the way to the beach, and there on the path will be a fruit kabob stand, and they will pass out fruit kabobs to everyone on the tram. How lovely! :)
My favorite part! This beach was sooooooOOOO beautiful. The sand was so nice and thick and soft, and the ocean was picture perfect. You could walk for miles and miles each way down the beach, and it is safe. Just resort upon resort. We walked about an hour each way a couple of times.
I am not overly picky, i like a lot of food. I thought this resort offered A LOT of different options. I don't understand how people said the food was the same every night. It was not. Every night there was a different theme, which made for DIFFERENT food. And the desserts...Oh my goodness, I was in heaven. Such great crepes. If you like them, you have to try the crepe with the melted white chocolate. Mmmm
We had steaks one night too, they were very tender and tasty!! The spaghetti was so good too.
We all thought the evening entertainment was really good!! Those Dominicans are very talented people. There is a band that comes on every night, and they have a keyboard, and other instruments, and 2 women singers. They sure could sing. The one singer reminded me of Beyonce. Looks and voice. They would come on either before or after the evening show. Or sometimes both.
The shows were fun, its not like it is Vegas or anything but it is fun to sit back, have some drinks and hang out. No complaints. They did a lion king show which was pretty good too!
We did not have any issues with theft. I even left my ipod touch out beside the bed and charged it when I would leave in the evenings. Our safe was never tampered with either. It seems that resort is skeptical with people complaining they have had issues with theft, but our reps told us that they can track who has been in the room and the time. And they have caught people lying. I know some people probably did have items stolen, but there are a lot of bad people out there who will do what they can to try to get money from a resort. Either way, we had zero issues with that.
The vendor people came down one night during the week. They try to over charge you, you just have to talk them down in price. a lot. But if you don't travel into the city to buy stuff, then you have to expect to pay a bit more. (we never left the resort to go anywhere, so we just bought from the vendors)
We didnt go to the disco, but we hung out in the lobby, there were tons of people down there, and music playing. I thought it was decent. I am a person who likes to go out dancing at the clubs and bars, but this was fine too. The one waitress, i do not remember her name, she made every evening so nice. We tipped her several times throughout the week ..5 bucks each time. and did she ever get me the nicest pina colada's ever!!!
Overall, we would recommend this resort, when we go back to Dominican we will likely try another resort. Only because we like to get a taste of different resorts. We have been to Catalonia, and Riu Bambu and this resort was just as great as the 2 listed. Just way larger.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bavaro Princess, situated in the Dominican Republic in an area renowned for its incomparable beauty, the quality of the sand and the clarity of the water on the famous Bavaro Beach. Accommodation at this prestigious resort more than meets the expectations of the most demanding of customers.136 splendid Platinum Suites, 16 Honeymoon Spa Suites, 82 functional Junior Suites, or the 572 spacious and fully equipped Bungalow Suites, provide the ideal added value to enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bavaro Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Punta Cana
- Hotel Bavaro Princess
- Punta Cana Bavaro Princess Hotel Resort
- Princess Bavaro
- Bavaro Princess Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess Hotel Dominican Republic
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Princess Hotel Punta Cana