“WONDERFUL VACATION!!!”

Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
Ranked #35 of 113 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Myself, my bf, and my parents went to Bavaro Princess from July 9 - July 16, 2011. Ages ranging from 32-56. We got a pretty good deal as well, just under 1000.00 CAN per person.

We all had a really wonderful week, with little to no complaints.

Rooms:
We stayed in the 800's, probably the furthest from the ocean, but near the main buffet and small pool. The trolley comes around every few minutes, so it really was not a huge deal. Our room was very clean, nice big bed, and lots of space. Our shower head was not really attached to the wall, but we made do with it.
AND the trolley stops sometimes along the way to the beach, and there on the path will be a fruit kabob stand, and they will pass out fruit kabobs to everyone on the tram. How lovely! :)

Beach:
My favorite part! This beach was sooooooOOOO beautiful. The sand was so nice and thick and soft, and the ocean was picture perfect. You could walk for miles and miles each way down the beach, and it is safe. Just resort upon resort. We walked about an hour each way a couple of times.

Food:
I am not overly picky, i like a lot of food. I thought this resort offered A LOT of different options. I don't understand how people said the food was the same every night. It was not. Every night there was a different theme, which made for DIFFERENT food. And the desserts...Oh my goodness, I was in heaven. Such great crepes. If you like them, you have to try the crepe with the melted white chocolate. Mmmm
We had steaks one night too, they were very tender and tasty!! The spaghetti was so good too.

Entertainment:
We all thought the evening entertainment was really good!! Those Dominicans are very talented people. There is a band that comes on every night, and they have a keyboard, and other instruments, and 2 women singers. They sure could sing. The one singer reminded me of Beyonce. Looks and voice. They would come on either before or after the evening show. Or sometimes both.
The shows were fun, its not like it is Vegas or anything but it is fun to sit back, have some drinks and hang out. No complaints. They did a lion king show which was pretty good too!

We did not have any issues with theft. I even left my ipod touch out beside the bed and charged it when I would leave in the evenings. Our safe was never tampered with either. It seems that resort is skeptical with people complaining they have had issues with theft, but our reps told us that they can track who has been in the room and the time. And they have caught people lying. I know some people probably did have items stolen, but there are a lot of bad people out there who will do what they can to try to get money from a resort. Either way, we had zero issues with that.

The vendor people came down one night during the week. They try to over charge you, you just have to talk them down in price. a lot. But if you don't travel into the city to buy stuff, then you have to expect to pay a bit more. (we never left the resort to go anywhere, so we just bought from the vendors)

Night life:
We didnt go to the disco, but we hung out in the lobby, there were tons of people down there, and music playing. I thought it was decent. I am a person who likes to go out dancing at the clubs and bars, but this was fine too. The one waitress, i do not remember her name, she made every evening so nice. We tipped her several times throughout the week ..5 bucks each time. and did she ever get me the nicest pina colada's ever!!!

Overall, we would recommend this resort, when we go back to Dominican we will likely try another resort. Only because we like to get a taste of different resorts. We have been to Catalonia, and Riu Bambu and this resort was just as great as the 2 listed. Just way larger.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me
beachbum26@gmail.com

Thanks!
Carol

2  Thank carolkubes
Write a ReviewReviews (11,160)

Reviewed 4 August 2011

I rate this hotel as TERRIBLE strictly for the customer service, and becuase we were robbed and then called liars. If we were to fly there for the wedding day only and sleep somewhere else, I would rate the wedding as a 4/5.
---40 of us travelled from Canada, US, and Ireland for the wedding. So, doing the rough math, for 40 people staying 7 nights at $130CAD per night for the hotel, that equals about $36,000.00CAD revenue for the hotel from just our group alone.
---Customer Service: ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!!!!!!! I am horrified at the level of inhumanity, let alone lack of customer service. My Godparent's room was broken into and they had valuables stolen from their digital safe. They called security, who didn't do anything for them. Managment (Ronald) wouldn't let them call the police and told them to find the police for themselves if they wanted to make a report. Me, being the bride, went to customer service the next day when all of the Princess Managers from other locations were meeting together. I asked to speak with all of them. All we got was Ronald's secretary, who told us that there was no proof that anything was ever in the safe and told us to go ahead and write to the media. Another member of our group tracked down Ronald and told him about the problem. Ronald responded by saying "the hotel doesn't like CANADIAN's because they always lie and say there things were stolen, just so they can get things for free from the hotel"...um...excuse me???!?!?!??! Perhaps Ronald should take another look at his staff and see that maybe the Canadians are complaining about thefts because they are actually happening!!!
---Customer Service problem #2: Our aunt and uncle and their two young teenage daugthers stayed in 2 separate rooms. The room beside the 2 girls was occupied by a local. The local was dealing drugs out of his room and smoking drugs on the balcony. When my uncle complained, managment didn't move them or kick out the local. Would you want your teenage daugter's staying in the room beside local drug dealers???
---Restaurant Reservations: Horrible. You have to wait in line between 8am-10am each morning to book your restaurant. By 9am, the restaurants are usually all booked. Do what we did instead - Just show up at the restaurant of your choice and say that "freddy" said it was ok. Freddy is the guy who takes the reservations. Each and every time we did that, we got in with no hassle. Just make sure the guys are wearing long pants and closed shoes, or they might give you some trouble about not being on their reservation list.
---The wedding...the only saving grace. It was stress-free. Didn't have to do a thing except show up and provide the chair sashes to match our decor. The photographer came to our separate rooms (Jorge the photographer is freaking AWESOME!!!!). A gold cart decorated with flowers picked me up. The gazebo was beautifully decorated. The judge spoke in Spanish, then Francelia, the wedding coordinator, translated the vows into English. All we had to do is say "I do" then exhange rings. The wording was really sweet and the judge and Francelia both looked genuinely happy to be there. The whole thing was over in 15 minutes, which is great because you don't want to be a guest sitting in the sun for any longer than that. We then walked over to BellaPasta, where we had a private reservation. The staff there gave us all shot glasses and made us all do a funny toast with each other (we had to dance sexy). The chefs in the kitchen would bang their pots up against the fan in celebration. It was lovely. At night, we all met in the lobby and enjoyed each other's company.
---The Bungalow Suites are worth the upgrade for sure. Platinum isn't necessarily worth the money. Note: Bride and groom will be upgraded to the Bungalow Suite for free upon check-in, so no need to book it.
---Free bottle of rum in your room upon check-in for all guests. Some guests got a second bottle of rum and some didn't. - Inconsistent.
---Rooms were mostly clean, but our group had a few floods and insect problems. The issues weren't addressed quickly enough.
---Beach was great.
---Food was only okay. McPrincess was our only saving grace when the food was bad at the restaurants. I think we ate burgers and fries every day we were there!!!
---Nightly entertainment was okay, but not great. It served its purpose. The disco was terrible. The casino was very very basic. We spent our nights in the lobby and were quite happy to do that since our group was so big. If it were just my husband and I, we would have been sooooooooooooooo bored.
---Pool by the lobby was the nicest. Quiet.
---Spa was to die for!!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!!! The hairdresser did a great job on my hair. I was afraid that I would come out looking like I had my hair done by an 80's hairdresser, but she did really modern and beautiful hairstyles for me(the bride) and the bridesmaids.

Room Tip: Don't keep valuables in your room. Upgrade to bungalow suites if you insist on going there.
5  Thank kboyle1984
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Very Pleasant and friendly staff throughout the facility.
If you're a 'foodie' check out the Licey Restaurant.
The maids were phenomenal - especially Marguerita. Minibar was filled everyday and the suite decorated everyday also.
Beach was fabulous so too was the pool.
The nightly entertainment was great !

Reviewed 3 August 2011

The Good: The rooms are very nice and very big. Really liked the balcony area. Have been to many All-Inclusive resorts and this was one of the most spacious rooms for a resort without upgrading. The maids were phenominal. Fridge was filled everyday and decorated everyday also. Beach was fabulous and Ricardo was great to us at beach bar along with every other worker we got to know. Food was adequate and the buffet staff put tables together so our family of 15 could sit together.
The Bad: Making reservations for dinner is a circus. The only reason I can think they make you stand in line in the mornings for a reservation is to get you pissed off enough to upgrade so you don't have to stand in a stinkin line for 1 hour only to be disappointed when you get to the desk nothing is available.
The Ugly: They need to upgrade their plumbing. Toilet was broke 3 times in 7 days. Shower from top room leaked into bathroom on 1st level. Know this because family memebers occupied both of those rooms. Sewer smell. The pool was not the cleanest have been to. I did not go back into the pool when a scence from Caddyshack played out,but it was not a Snickers candybar if you get my drift, it was somebodys child. Speaking of children they were the reason you couldn't get served at the swim-up bar because they occupied all the seats. Parents or Resort? Looking for Adult only for next trip.
Only touched on a few things, but if I think of anything else will write again

Room Tip: Liked being in the 800's. Convenient to beach and pool.
6  Thank Boray69
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I went at Bavaro Princess Resort in June. I have positive and negative comments, too.
Positive: clean resort, clean rooms, nice nature, wonderful beach, fast check in, quiet resort, good location in Punta Cana, good personal at buffet, each evening new international supper, friendly and funny people.
Negative: restaurants and buffets with no or poor air conditioning (except Chinese restaurant); poor restaurant service (except Japanese restaurant); Dominican week-ends (local people with low level of civilisation had access for week-ends in resort); not enough food at buffet in week-ends; it doesn’t exist smokers and non-smokers rooms and I had cigarette smell from other rooms in my room by air conditioning; towel thefts; except beer, wine and mamajuana I had local poor beverages.
I cannot tell I had bad time, but this is not at 5 stars resort (except room’s accommodations).

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family