Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$1,156
US$295
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$427
US$225
US$771
US$523
Bookit.com
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$144
US$343
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$374
US$292
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Catalonia Royal Bavaro(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$288
US$267
Hotels.com
US$216
US$168
  • Breakfast included
Portblue Le Sivory Punta Cana(Uvero Alto)(Great Value!)
US$340
US$289
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$391
US$285
11,731 results
All reviewsplatinum loungebella pastaplatinum packagebungalow suiteplatinum beachplatinum sectionjustin bieberel pescadormain lobbylobby buffeta la carte restaurantsthe lion kingseafoodanimation teamdominican republicsteakmake reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I rate this hotel as TERRIBLE strictly for the customer service, and becuase we were robbed and then called liars. If we were to fly there for the wedding day only and sleep somewhere else, I would rate the wedding as a 4/5.
---40 of us travelled from Canada, US, and Ireland for the wedding. So, doing the rough math, for 40 people staying 7 nights at $130CAD per night for the hotel, that equals about $36,000.00CAD revenue for the hotel from just our group alone.
---Customer Service: ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!!!!!!! I am horrified at the level of inhumanity, let alone lack of customer service. My Godparent's room was broken into and they had valuables stolen from their digital safe. They called security, who didn't do anything for them. Managment (Ronald) wouldn't let them call the police and told them to find the police for themselves if they wanted to make a report. Me, being the bride, went to customer service the next day when all of the Princess Managers from other locations were meeting together. I asked to speak with all of them. All we got was Ronald's secretary, who told us that there was no proof that anything was ever in the safe and told us to go ahead and write to the media. Another member of our group tracked down Ronald and told him about the problem. Ronald responded by saying "the hotel doesn't like CANADIAN's because they always lie and say there things were stolen, just so they can get things for free from the hotel"...um...excuse me???!?!?!??! Perhaps Ronald should take another look at his staff and see that maybe the Canadians are complaining about thefts because they are actually happening!!!
---Customer Service problem #2: Our aunt and uncle and their two young teenage daugthers stayed in 2 separate rooms. The room beside the 2 girls was occupied by a local. The local was dealing drugs out of his room and smoking drugs on the balcony. When my uncle complained, managment didn't move them or kick out the local. Would you want your teenage daugter's staying in the room beside local drug dealers???
---Restaurant Reservations: Horrible. You have to wait in line between 8am-10am each morning to book your restaurant. By 9am, the restaurants are usually all booked. Do what we did instead - Just show up at the restaurant of your choice and say that "freddy" said it was ok. Freddy is the guy who takes the reservations. Each and every time we did that, we got in with no hassle. Just make sure the guys are wearing long pants and closed shoes, or they might give you some trouble about not being on their reservation list.
---The wedding...the only saving grace. It was stress-free. Didn't have to do a thing except show up and provide the chair sashes to match our decor. The photographer came to our separate rooms (Jorge the photographer is freaking AWESOME!!!!). A gold cart decorated with flowers picked me up. The gazebo was beautifully decorated. The judge spoke in Spanish, then Francelia, the wedding coordinator, translated the vows into English. All we had to do is say "I do" then exhange rings. The wording was really sweet and the judge and Francelia both looked genuinely happy to be there. The whole thing was over in 15 minutes, which is great because you don't want to be a guest sitting in the sun for any longer than that. We then walked over to BellaPasta, where we had a private reservation. The staff there gave us all shot glasses and made us all do a funny toast with each other (we had to dance sexy). The chefs in the kitchen would bang their pots up against the fan in celebration. It was lovely. At night, we all met in the lobby and enjoyed each other's company.
---The Bungalow Suites are worth the upgrade for sure. Platinum isn't necessarily worth the money. Note: Bride and groom will be upgraded to the Bungalow Suite for free upon check-in, so no need to book it.
---Free bottle of rum in your room upon check-in for all guests. Some guests got a second bottle of rum and some didn't. - Inconsistent.
---Rooms were mostly clean, but our group had a few floods and insect problems. The issues weren't addressed quickly enough.
---Beach was great.
---Food was only okay. McPrincess was our only saving grace when the food was bad at the restaurants. I think we ate burgers and fries every day we were there!!!
---Nightly entertainment was okay, but not great. It served its purpose. The disco was terrible. The casino was very very basic. We spent our nights in the lobby and were quite happy to do that since our group was so big. If it were just my husband and I, we would have been sooooooooooooooo bored.
---Pool by the lobby was the nicest. Quiet.
---Spa was to die for!!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!!! The hairdresser did a great job on my hair. I was afraid that I would come out looking like I had my hair done by an 80's hairdresser, but she did really modern and beautiful hairstyles for me(the bride) and the bridesmaids.

Room Tip: Don't keep valuables in your room. Upgrade to bungalow suites if you insist on going there.
5  Thank kboyle1984
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Very Pleasant and friendly staff throughout the facility.
If you're a 'foodie' check out the Licey Restaurant.
The maids were phenomenal - especially Marguerita. Minibar was filled everyday and the suite decorated everyday also.
Beach was fabulous so too was the pool.
The nightly entertainment was great !

Reviewed 3 August 2011

The Good: The rooms are very nice and very big. Really liked the balcony area. Have been to many All-Inclusive resorts and this was one of the most spacious rooms for a resort without upgrading. The maids were phenominal. Fridge was filled everyday and decorated everyday also. Beach was fabulous and Ricardo was great to us at beach bar along with every other worker we got to know. Food was adequate and the buffet staff put tables together so our family of 15 could sit together.
The Bad: Making reservations for dinner is a circus. The only reason I can think they make you stand in line in the mornings for a reservation is to get you pissed off enough to upgrade so you don't have to stand in a stinkin line for 1 hour only to be disappointed when you get to the desk nothing is available.
The Ugly: They need to upgrade their plumbing. Toilet was broke 3 times in 7 days. Shower from top room leaked into bathroom on 1st level. Know this because family memebers occupied both of those rooms. Sewer smell. The pool was not the cleanest have been to. I did not go back into the pool when a scence from Caddyshack played out,but it was not a Snickers candybar if you get my drift, it was somebodys child. Speaking of children they were the reason you couldn't get served at the swim-up bar because they occupied all the seats. Parents or Resort? Looking for Adult only for next trip.
Only touched on a few things, but if I think of anything else will write again

Room Tip: Liked being in the 800's. Convenient to beach and pool.
6  Thank Boray69
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I went at Bavaro Princess Resort in June. I have positive and negative comments, too.
Positive: clean resort, clean rooms, nice nature, wonderful beach, fast check in, quiet resort, good location in Punta Cana, good personal at buffet, each evening new international supper, friendly and funny people.
Negative: restaurants and buffets with no or poor air conditioning (except Chinese restaurant); poor restaurant service (except Japanese restaurant); Dominican week-ends (local people with low level of civilisation had access for week-ends in resort); not enough food at buffet in week-ends; it doesn’t exist smokers and non-smokers rooms and I had cigarette smell from other rooms in my room by air conditioning; towel thefts; except beer, wine and mamajuana I had local poor beverages.
I cannot tell I had bad time, but this is not at 5 stars resort (except room’s accommodations).

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Visited September last year, put in top end of resort rooms dark and dated but ok, moved 1 day later to middle of resort still a small train journey to nicer part of resort and beach which appeared to have the French in, all English moved to middle as complaints but hotel said they were shutting this part for updates, hhmm why put you in them for 1 day then! Food excellent, middle pool great with swim up bar drinks a plenty. Beach gorgeous.

• Stayed: September 2010