11,976 results
All reviews platinum lounge bella pasta platinum package bungalow suite platinum beach platinum section justin bieber platinum service main lobby el pescador lobby buffet a la carte restaurants the lion king seafood animation team dominican republic steak
Reviewed 3 May 2008

I can see that some people have negative thoughts on the Bavaro Princess....well I can tell you that not one of them are true. People were friendly, helpful. I met alot of great people down there as I have not had a vacation in quite sometime. I thought the atmosphere was very romantic but would not go back if I was traveling as a single. Not really a place for that. I can also tell you that I thought the food was pretty good. It is prepared differently but still good. I have plenty of fun pictures if anyone cares to email me for them. My email is redliberty032003@yahoo.com. Love to share them

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2008

Looking for a place to just relax, eat and drink to your hearts content? This is it . The beaches, accomendations and staff are just wonderful. The food is average at most of the restaurants, but wasn't a high priority for us. The upgrade to platinum is worth the extra money as accomendations are closer to the beach and it provided some nice extras. Remember to try your spanish or french, the staff enjoys conversing with you and tipping for service doesn't hurt.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank eatdrinkandbemurrry
Reviewed 30 April 2008

We have just returned from a week at the Bavaro Princess All Suites. The hotel is average and we have experienced very por level of service.
We stayed in bungalow #34, which was very close to the beach and the pool. To get to the Main Buffet we had to either walk about 15 mins or take a "train" they have running every 5 mins or so.
We stayed on a 1st floor and I could feel a musty smell all 7 days. The rooms are quite old and especially bathroom was in a poor condition, crying for a renovation.
The pool is lovely. The towel distribution guys (from animation team) were rude. They ran out of towels several times per our stay. The working hours of towels' service (9 AM - 6PM) do not correspond to the hours available for swimming at sea or the pool (7 am - 7 PM). The waitress or waiters showed up only 2 or 3 times at the pool area during our 7 days stay, and without taking orders but for distributing remaining drinks they had with them.
The shade lounges on a beach are occupied / reserved before 7:15 AM and we WERE NOT able to get a spot in the shade on a beach. Our friends got lounges for us near the pool instead.
Restaurants are waste of time - we tried Chopin (so-so) and a Stake House - really bad. While the food is not very good, the service is horrible - they forget what orders they take, what drinks we ask, etc. This is applicable to the whole resort - they can't handle orders properly and usually (in 50%) you would not get what you asked for. On our day #2 we ordered 4 Cokes for kids and waited for them over 40 minutes and reminded at least twice until I went to the buffet manager and he took this under his own control. He tried to do something to impress us and not to carry the incident in a memory and arranged our special table reservation for 12 people every evening in the buffet. Nothing more than that, but a t least a try.
Overall I would say this is probably the worst hotel we have ever stayed in D.R. and Mexico. The best part of this travel was the beach and the weather - excellent 7 days. It looks like we would have to stick with better chains, such as Iberostar, to get a better service.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank brglen10
Reviewed 29 April 2008

We were at the Bavaro Princess from April 17-24th. The resort was absolutely amazing. It was extremely clean, well kept, excellent service in all the restaurants, lobby, guest services, housekeeping etc. One day the maids ran out of towels as our suite was one of the last to be done... I called and requested towels, coffee, and a light bulb for a lamp that had just blown. 10 min later a man with a tool box was there to repair the lamp (which only needed a light bulb).. the towels arrived 20 min later. And then customer service called and asked if my requests were fullfilled. The room was a suite, much like an apt. with the best air conditioning I have ever seen.

Beach towels were hard to get. You have to get there early and those that line the palapas and lounges with their towels at 4am are annoying but that is not the resorts fault.
The pools were off limits after 7pm due to chemical treatments I would have prefered them open longer but it didnt' really matter.
Walking on the beach we found alot of garbage at nite but by morning not one item could be found. The walk ways are swept daily with clorine.
The food was ok.. different themes at the buffet every nite.. it was different. Not the best but not the worst...
To me it was a fabulous resort.

My only complaints with the entire trip ...... One nite my husband in his own stupidity went off resort with a group of guys... who he later lost.. ended up getting taken further and further away from the resort by people who were taxi-ing him back to resort.. got chased, and eventually found a police officer who gladly took him back to the resort but not before stopping at the ATM to pay him for his service.
The sharks during the day across from the resort are extremely annoying and I had to tell one that if he grabbed my arm again to come into his shop he'd find out what Canadian women were all about.. he left me alone.
We bought 3 bottles of rum as gifts, .. I checked and rechecked them several times when purchasing and then again before putting them in the suit cases... they were sealed. When we arrived in Toronto my suit case was soaked from the rain (as it was on a trolly in a storm at the airport outside) .. both of the locks were cut off our suit cases.. and one of the bottles of rum were opened and a cigar butt deposited inside.. and then the netting that was on the bottle was replaced to look as if it were untouched.

We also visited the Paradisus as my neice was there on her honey moon.. it was also a nice resort.. lots of loungers available etc. compared to the Bavaro Princess. And their Palapas are bigger for more shading. They also have beds on the beach instead of just loungers.
The ocean was very wavey which is great for us...
My neice was married at Melia, had her honeymoon at Paradisus. My sister was still at Melia and told me that the ocean is very calm there compared to where we are.. hardly any waves.

I found the Country itself to be extremely dirty with the garbage etc.. the roads are half completed etc... (however, keep in mind it's an entirely different world)....... The resort however was Fabulous.

3  Thank Bobbijo2u
Reviewed 27 April 2008

I have been reading reviews on "Bavaro Princess" for about 6 months. I was very nervous to book our vacation as a lot of reviews were not very good. I took advice from a friend who had went one year ago, she said the resort was excellent and said we would love it.
My husband and I stayed at Bavaro from April 16-23rd, we flew Sunwing. Our flight was the only problem we had all week as it was delayed about 8 hours leaving due to mechanical problems. We had a 2 hour bus ride from La Romano airport to our resort so it did make for a long day.
We did go w/ the Platinum upgrade. I would def reccommend getting the upgrade as it does give you unlimited internet/premium drinks and more restaurants. We went to 5 differenet restaurants and only ate at the buffet once at night. The food was very good. Some resatuarants are better then others but the staff go above and beyond to make you feel pampered. Our favorite restaurant was at Bella Pasta, or El Gaucho.
The beach was UNBELIEVABLE...beautiful white sand and water that was very clear. The beach bar was great and had wonderful fries that we would munch on through out the day.
The rooms at first glance are a little dated but when it came time to leave at the end of the week it felt like home! The rooms were very clean and the cleaning staff always had them done everyday when we arrived back from the beach.
This was such a wonderful resort for my husband and I to spend a relaxing week at. I hope someday we will be able to return. I have never seen staff work so hard as at Bavaro and always keep a smile on their faces... they were amazing.

Stayed: April 2008