Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
US$324
US$253
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$293
US$171
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$391
US$274
  • Breakfast included
Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$253
BahiaPrincipe
  • Pool
Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$371
US$314
US$578
US$539
Bookit.com
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$433
US$254
Melia.com
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$261
US$204
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$305
US$232
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$331
US$194
11,478 results
All reviewsplatinum loungebella pastaplatinum packagebungalow suiteplatinum beachplatinum sectionjustin bieberel pescadormain lobbylobby buffeta la carte restaurantsthe lion kinganimation teamseafooddominican republicsteakmake reservations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2005

I just got back from the Bavaro Princess and I had the BEST time. We stayed for six nights, and wished we could have stayed longer!
Check in was very easy and simple it only took us a couple minutes. After check in the tram brought our luggage and us to our villa. The property is just amazing, very clean and big. We were in Builidng 36 and that was right by the pool and about a 2 minute walk to the beach. I would definitly recommend getting the VIP package, we received free room service and better room location. The food was good obviously different from back home but we didn't get sick from eating it. The room was very clean and roomy, our cleaning lady was great. Many people on the staff spoke English, so that was not a problem, we actually had fun trying to speak to them in Spanish! The staff was exceptional they will bend over backwards to help you, very pleasant to be around. The beach was amazing, the water was alittle cool, but after you got use to it it was very refreshing. The weather was great, it was sunny the whole week no need for a jacket at night (unless you were in the casino) Mosquitos were also not a problem, we only saw a couple the whole time we were there. We also went on a coulple excusrions (I would definitly recommend the Helicopter ride) and from what we saw picking up people from different hotels, the Bavaro Princess definilty looked the nicest. Overall we had the best time, if I do return to Punta Cana, I will definitly be staying at the Bavaro Princess

25  Thank kimmy59771
Reviewed 12 March 2005

Just returned from Punta Cana and what a disappointment!! First, if you can’t speak Spanish go somewhere else...only about 2% of the staff spoke some English. If you do go do not waste your money on VIP..what a joke. Everything was booked. When I tried to use our free snorkeling trip pass three days before we left it was booked, no one told us to go the first day we got there and make arrangements. We saw people who were not even VIP with Beachfront rooms and we were not. There miniature golf course if even funnier.. I wish I had a picture of it... Most importantly the FOOD! Oh my God it was the worst food ever.. We were prepared for it to be bad after reading some reviews but it was GROSS. It would sit out all day so I started to just eat bread but that was even stale. I went with 5 other people, everyone got sick.. Three of them had chills and were sweating profusely. They didn’t even give you bottled water in your room or at all the bars except the lobby bar. We spent half the vacation waiting for the trams to bring you places since the place is so big...they only had about three running and they wouldn’t move till they were filled up. I am sorry if this offends anyone but I wish I had believed the few other reviewers that had felt the same way. I have traveled a lot and this was the worst vacation I have ever been on. If anyone has any questions just ask…

8  Thank Betsynj
Reviewed 11 March 2005

week of December 17th o 24/2004
check in...
My husband ,my two daughters(ages 6 and 18)and myself arrived at this resort in the late evening. check in was fast...Our room was smack in the middle and we loved it...the set up is great, though it was quite humid when we got there it took a whole 24 hours to get rid of the humidity, I guess they turned the a/c on just before we entered the room..we had no hot water from the time we got there till two days before we left, it was just warm, but we managed fine...We did not even mention it to the front desk,other rooms were the same and some people changed because of it... the cleaning lady did a very good job, and would leave us whatever we asked with a few hand signs and a dictionary we were able to communicate. We did leave her tips and gifts every day which she seemed to appreciate.We were a little overwhelmed with the size of the resort I thought I would be lost all week, but we were just fine in finding everything the day after..

You could tell that the hurricane had hit them, but they worked fast to get things up and going.They were building the beach restaurant and it was amazing on how fast they worked , it opened for us on the Monday night ..

We did take the precautions for the Malaria thing, but we did not see any bugs while we were there , they did fumegate in the evening along the passway...

Food...We all thought the food to be pretty good and the service was always with a smile and nice conversation, they tried hard to speak English and we knew a few spanish words, so we got along fine...

Pool..The pool was alot of fun and very nicely set up but we are beach people and that is where we spent most of our days..The beach what can I say , it is amazing, There is enough to keep everybody busy, my 18 yr old had fun joining the organized activities and my 6 yr old played in the sun with her new friends, we did not use the kids club in the day , but in the evening she would go on stage and do the little dance and games they had every night for the kids, she loved it ..The dance shows with costumes were very nice.
We would relax in the gorgeous lobby after supper with a few drinks in hand, all the furniture seemed to be new there, it was very beautiful..

I would return to this resort in a minute , but I also like to see new places, this is my second best spot the first being the Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus in bayahibe(Dom.Rep)I did not give this resort a five star due to the hot water issue, but really it did not ruin my week whatsoever..hats up to the Bavaro Princess...
If you have any questions just put Bavaro Princess in subject and I will gladly try to help you....

• Stayed: December 2004
29  Thank aljac
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 March 2005

My husband and I returned from our 2 week honeymoon at the Bavaro Princess on February 22. We had such a great time. We have absolutly nothing bad or critical to say about this resort. Everything was perfect, from the food, to the rooms, to the wonderful staff, to the beauty of the grounds, to the extra activities offered, to the beach. I'm sure we would have enjoyed the resort equally as much even if we were not vip, but the perks of being vip were great. We loved the massage, so much so that for our second one we paid to get 25 more minuts. If you travel with an open mind and with someone you love, you're bound to have the time of your life like we did. The conculsion we came to about the negative reviews on this site was that the people who wrote them must be difficult people to please, and have a hard time thinking optomistically. We would highly recommend this resort to anyone and we would go back in a heart beat!

• Stayed: February 2005
24  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 March 2005

We were at the Bavaro Princess from Feb 13 to 20th.

FLIGHT: We travelled with Air Canada Vacations, so we were on an Air Canada flight . The flight was uneventful. Typical Air Canada service.

CHECK-IN: Check-In was very quick and painless. We checked in with a very small group at 10:00pm. English was spoken and the front desk staff were efficient and professional. The welcome drink at check-in was a nice touch .

ROOMS: The rooms were wonderful. We were in 075, which was close to the main pool and beach. It was very quiet with the exception of pool aerobics time from 4:00 to 5:00pm, when the pool noise carried.

RESORT: theresort is big but we found we could walk most anywhere in under 10 minutes, with our nine year old in tow. The trams seemed to be frequent but we never found the need to use one other then at check in.

BEACH: The each is beautiful and we had no problems getting beach chairs or shade. There were days when it was quite breezy though.

FOOD: We ate everything and were fine. Here is a break down of our experiences at the restaurants:

Hispanolia - Breakfast, lunch and supper buffet. It was good, lots of varieties, and the pasta bar here was amazing!

Chopin - Best breakfast spot. The supper buffet was also beautiful and service excellent.

Sakura - Did not eat here as our 9 year old is not a sushi fan.

El Gaucho - This is the steakhouse.This was an awesome restaurant. My husband's steak was incredible. My kabobs superb. Service was excellent

El Pescador - This is the seafood place. We didn't have a great meal here as the service was terrible - very disorganized. But that can happen anywhere!

Licey - This was another wonderful restaurant. It was included with our Vip package. We had yet another excellent experience here with the food and service.

Bella Pasta - This was one of our favorites for lunch and supper. Great service, great food!

McPrincess - Yummy fries.

VIP: VIP is definitely worth it. This includes a 20 minute massage, bottle of rum and 3 cigars in the room, use of bath robes during stay and best of all ROOM SERVICE. The room service came in very handy with our 9 year old, who due to time change was not always awake before breakfast closed. It was fast fresh and wonderful.

OVERALL: We found the staff here incredibly polite and professional. They always accommodated my daughter with kid's choices. The resort was immaculate. We were VERY impressed and would highly recommend Bavaro Princess.

• Stayed: February 2005