Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort, Spa & Casino
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$328
US$218
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$125
Barcelo.com
US$335
US$262
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$516
US$403
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$283
US$198
Bookit.com
US$250
US$212
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$318
US$211
Melia.com
US$296
  • Breakfast included
Memories Splash Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$464
US$356
Bookit.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$790
Hotelpower.com
11,565 results
All reviewsplatinum loungebella pastaplatinum packagebungalow suiteplatinum beachplatinum sectionjustin bieberel pescadormain lobbylobby buffeta la carte restaurantsthe lion kinganimation teamseafooddominican republicsteakmake reservations
Reviewed 15 January 2007

A group of ten of us (5 couples age 25-30) went here on Jan 5th till the 12th and had a fabulous time. The food isn't all that great but I"m not on vacation to expect lavish food. The staff was very friendly and helpful. All you have to do is tip them a buck here and there and they're happy. Our room had a leaky ceiling the first day by the a/c and they were there w/in a couple hours and fixed it. On day 3 our door broke and they fixed that promptly as well. The grounds are very clean and mainained. The staff provides activities on and around the beach including dancing, aerobics, and water polo. We went on the banana boat one day...a lot scarier than it looks. We also went on a marinarium tour and went snorkling with nurse sharks and stingrays...it was fabulous! Kinda like a booze cruise. We also went on the outback safari which I would also recommend. We went through apple vacations and they we're very helpful. I would definately recommend going with the PLATINUM package. It was an extra $200 a person...but that includeds one free dinner at the fancy restarant (food wasn't that great but), 2 free 20 min massages..which seemed like 30, free cigars, a room close to the beach, and most importatnly topshelf booze..which helped prevent a hangover..I drank stolli most of the week. Also the banana royales were great as well! I would definately go back and do recommend this resort. Warning..there are a lot of french travelers there..and the stigma is true..they are very rude people!!! Otherwise eveyong else there was great and nice :)

• Stayed: January 2007
14  Thank strawrae
Reviewed 14 January 2007

1. Mylene was best Air Canada vacation representative we have ever had - very knowledgeable and helpful.

2. Grounds and beach beautiful, Doctor on call nice, cleaning staff good and nice.

3. Food generally dangerous - not being maintained at proper temperatures - this from my wife Ilene who is a professional dietitian. We both had food poisoning, despite being super careful! This ruined the last 3 days of our stay.
(We hardly drank alcohol and would have enjoyed an occasional glass of wine had the wine been decent - but wine offered was terrible.)

4. Room ok, but not deluxe - bathroom horrible - no water pressure for shower, old crusty shower spout, tub didn't drain properly - chipped, stained, would not take a bath - had to call 3 times to get draining issue fixed - first 2 fixes didn't work - disappointing.

5. Service so-so, despite generous tipping for everything we asked for.

6. Platinum guest baggage delivered almost 3 hours after quick check in - unacceptable.

7. Very few hotel employees understand almost any English at all - could be an issue in case of medical emergency.

8. You are misrepresenting this resort as a 5 star resort - it is not a 5 star at all. Perhaps, a 3 star at best - please check out trip advisor.com

Ilene + Brian

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travel_Pro_Montreal
Reviewed 12 January 2007

We brought a large group to this resort and found it to be "overbooked" as described by the front desk. Our travel agent booked my wife and I a king size bed but we were offered two "twin size beds" by the representative at the front desk. I was second in line to check in and had to wait with 25-35 people behind me for 45 minutes until the language challenged person at the front desk took care of the two couples in front of me. Due to the fact that the resort was SEVERELY OVERBOOKED, we waited in line wherever we went whether it was for the buffet breakfast or drink line or even the information line at the front desk.

The bathrooms leaked in most of the rooms and the floors were flooded when we checked in. A quick response was delivered to the room in 48 hours to fix the leaky fixtures in the TOILET of all places. Imagine just might have been leaking into the room? Made several complaints to the General Manager who took care of most of the issues by the end of our stay and offered a "special dinner" for us the lat night.

Maybe this week was just a tough one to be there. Moral of story; Book a high end resort when traveling to Punta Cana and avoid this place at all costs until they get some help. Customer Service rating was a 3 on a scale of 10.........

Massachusetts.. 12/30/06 to 1/6/07

6  Thank Papi17
Reviewed 10 January 2007

We spent the holidays at this resort our vacation started on the 19th of Dec and continued to the 2 of January. It's our 4th time to Punta Cana and we'ed all agreee that it was an okay experience. We travelled in a group of 6 including 3 children. For me the resort was too big with so much time being spent travelling to and from breakfast, the beach and the pool. For my children the pool was the largest disappointment. It was dirty, and although we saw pool boys cleaning each morning with the amount of people at this resort it should have been done at least three times a day. The children were content with the kids club and actually particpated in most of the events. Bella did a wonderful job including the children, especially in the lion king show. The evening entertainment was enteraining!!
Our vacation last year was at the LTI just up the beach and for us we would all go back there in a flash, the food was nothing to get excited about, however the bar b que chicken and fries were to die for. I believe it all depends on what your expectations are. I want a safe beach, no roaches, and no illness. There is only so much a resort can do to make your trip enjoyable, you have to make it what it is. Your travel companions, realistic expectaions, and the desire to have a great vacation.
In regards to the staff, just like at home if you treat them with respect, and attempt to communicate with them they will do anything in their power to help you. I speak limited Spanish and my husband who is Portuguese helps out, and our children who speak French all made an effort to communicate. I believe in tipping and we had no problems with the bar, the restaurants, or the front desk, and Freddy who books your reservations for the Al la Carte was just amazing. Over all I would be honest when giving a reference for this hotel, for us it is to big, the pool could have been a lot cleaner but the staff are great ,there were no BUGS in our rooms, and the food was what it is.
Travelling at this time of the year would not be my first choice again, it's still winter so the days are shorter, it was very windy, and it rained at least once a day during our two week period. No fault of the resort though.
For families that like everything close at hand, clean, and regular staff who basically become your individual host then I recommend the LTI.
Where ever you may end up on your vacation just remember it is a vacation sit back relax and enjoy.

5  Thank louiemiss
Reviewed 10 January 2007

We had a group of twelve people (eight adults, four children) and not one of us was satisfied with the resort. Although the beaches and pool where very nice the rooms, food and service where terrible.

The Rooms: Our group had four rooms. Three of the four rooms smelled like mold. We had to demand a new room for one of the families in our group due to ants in the bed. The water pressure in the showers was very bad and the "hot" water was luke-warm at best.

The Food: The resort has a reservation system for all the restraunts except one buffet. Of the seven nights we where there we had to eat at the buffet all but two due to the lack of open tables at the other restraunts. To make reservations you must be at the front lobby at 8:00 am the day before you want the reservation (I don't know about you but I enjoy sleeping in on vacation). We did not have any meals at this resort that would be anywhere near five star. Most of the time we ate the fresh fruit and noodles from the pasta bars.

The Service: The best way to sum up the service at the Bavaro Princess is that the staff just does not care. At meals it was hard to get served drinks. At most meals there was not enough silverware on the tables. Of the two times that we did have reservations they messed one of them up (they tried to make us eat at 10:00 pm instead of 8:00 pm). They charged $24 US for a two minute local phone call from the room. When we complained about the smell in the rooms they did nothing about it. There where times of the day when you could not get anything to eat. The bars and restraunts hours where not convienent. The entertainment was not very good. The only pool was closed from 7:00 pm until 8:00 am for chemical treatment. The public restrooms where not clean.

Overall the best advice I can give you on the Bavaro Princess is DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

3  Thank Iowa_tourist