12,071 results
All reviews platinum lounge bella pasta platinum package bungalow suite platinum beach platinum section justin bieber platinum service main lobby el pescador lobby buffet a la carte restaurants the lion king seafood animation team dominican republic steak
Reviewed 16 January 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Bavaro Princess in Sept/06. We thought this resort was very good. We had the platinum package and we thought it was worth it. The price isn't that bad if you book it with your agent. It apparently is much more expensive if yu book it once you get there.
We really liked the free room service for breakfast, as we are late sleepers and we dont have to rush to get to the restaurant before 10am. These rooms are also close to the beach which is a bonus considering the size of the resort.
I thought the rooms were great! They were big, they had a fridge, and liquor dispensers, large bathrooms/sink area. The maids were great ( even better when you give them a bigger tip )
The restaurants were ok. You cant really expect much from an all-inclusive resort when it comes to food. Licey - the restaurant that is included with the platinum upgrade - was fabulous. We had caviar and steak and seafood and they treated you like royalty.
The seafood restaurant was the only bad restaurant. The service is terrible and the food made both of us sick. We had an appetizer and then we both had lobster and were there for an hour and a half. The waiters ignored us, and everyone else there. Im not sure what everyone at this reataurant is lazy. Maybe they put all of the slackers at this reataurant!
The main pool was great, and yes the music is loud but who cares. The beach was beautiful and you can take a walk to the other resorts and drink over there if you are platinum. And yes, they will check your bracelet to make sure that you are a platinum guest.
The staff were great, always going out of their way to make sure you had everything you needed. If you found a staff member whose english wasnt that good, just find another one whose english is better. No big deal. I tried to book a spa appointment and the girl couldnt speak any english, so I found another staff member who spoke english and spanish and they called and booked my pedicure for me.
The staff at the casino were unbelievably rude. I think they are told to act like this. Im not quite sure why. I guess management wants them to keeep their distance from guests to avoid them getting any 'extras'.
Going shopping is a little strange if you're not use to the harassment. But we have experiences this at other resorts and know how to deal with these people. I know it can be scary but they are harmless, they are just trying to make a living. If you want anything like cigars, cigarettes, souvenirs. Buy it from these guys - NOT the gift shop on the resort. You will get it for a fraction of the price.
No vacation is ever perfect - So juts try to relax and have a good time!

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
12  Thank superchic
Reviewed 15 January 2007

A group of ten of us (5 couples age 25-30) went here on Jan 5th till the 12th and had a fabulous time. The food isn't all that great but I"m not on vacation to expect lavish food. The staff was very friendly and helpful. All you have to do is tip them a buck here and there and they're happy. Our room had a leaky ceiling the first day by the a/c and they were there w/in a couple hours and fixed it. On day 3 our door broke and they fixed that promptly as well. The grounds are very clean and mainained. The staff provides activities on and around the beach including dancing, aerobics, and water polo. We went on the banana boat one day...a lot scarier than it looks. We also went on a marinarium tour and went snorkling with nurse sharks and stingrays...it was fabulous! Kinda like a booze cruise. We also went on the outback safari which I would also recommend. We went through apple vacations and they we're very helpful. I would definately recommend going with the PLATINUM package. It was an extra $200 a person...but that includeds one free dinner at the fancy restarant (food wasn't that great but), 2 free 20 min massages..which seemed like 30, free cigars, a room close to the beach, and most importatnly topshelf booze..which helped prevent a hangover..I drank stolli most of the week. Also the banana royales were great as well! I would definately go back and do recommend this resort. Warning..there are a lot of french travelers there..and the stigma is true..they are very rude people!!! Otherwise eveyong else there was great and nice :)

• Stayed: January 2007
14  Thank strawrae
Reviewed 14 January 2007

1. Mylene was best Air Canada vacation representative we have ever had - very knowledgeable and helpful.

2. Grounds and beach beautiful, Doctor on call nice, cleaning staff good and nice.

3. Food generally dangerous - not being maintained at proper temperatures - this from my wife Ilene who is a professional dietitian. We both had food poisoning, despite being super careful! This ruined the last 3 days of our stay.
(We hardly drank alcohol and would have enjoyed an occasional glass of wine had the wine been decent - but wine offered was terrible.)

4. Room ok, but not deluxe - bathroom horrible - no water pressure for shower, old crusty shower spout, tub didn't drain properly - chipped, stained, would not take a bath - had to call 3 times to get draining issue fixed - first 2 fixes didn't work - disappointing.

5. Service so-so, despite generous tipping for everything we asked for.

6. Platinum guest baggage delivered almost 3 hours after quick check in - unacceptable.

7. Very few hotel employees understand almost any English at all - could be an issue in case of medical emergency.

8. You are misrepresenting this resort as a 5 star resort - it is not a 5 star at all. Perhaps, a 3 star at best - please check out trip advisor.com

Ilene + Brian

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travel_Pro_Montreal
Reviewed 12 January 2007

We brought a large group to this resort and found it to be "overbooked" as described by the front desk. Our travel agent booked my wife and I a king size bed but we were offered two "twin size beds" by the representative at the front desk. I was second in line to check in and had to wait with 25-35 people behind me for 45 minutes until the language challenged person at the front desk took care of the two couples in front of me. Due to the fact that the resort was SEVERELY OVERBOOKED, we waited in line wherever we went whether it was for the buffet breakfast or drink line or even the information line at the front desk.

The bathrooms leaked in most of the rooms and the floors were flooded when we checked in. A quick response was delivered to the room in 48 hours to fix the leaky fixtures in the TOILET of all places. Imagine just might have been leaking into the room? Made several complaints to the General Manager who took care of most of the issues by the end of our stay and offered a "special dinner" for us the lat night.

Maybe this week was just a tough one to be there. Moral of story; Book a high end resort when traveling to Punta Cana and avoid this place at all costs until they get some help. Customer Service rating was a 3 on a scale of 10.........

Massachusetts.. 12/30/06 to 1/6/07

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with family
6  Thank Papi17
Reviewed 10 January 2007

We spent the holidays at this resort our vacation started on the 19th of Dec and continued to the 2 of January. It's our 4th time to Punta Cana and we'ed all agreee that it was an okay experience. We travelled in a group of 6 including 3 children. For me the resort was too big with so much time being spent travelling to and from breakfast, the beach and the pool. For my children the pool was the largest disappointment. It was dirty, and although we saw pool boys cleaning each morning with the amount of people at this resort it should have been done at least three times a day. The children were content with the kids club and actually particpated in most of the events. Bella did a wonderful job including the children, especially in the lion king show. The evening entertainment was enteraining!!
Our vacation last year was at the LTI just up the beach and for us we would all go back there in a flash, the food was nothing to get excited about, however the bar b que chicken and fries were to die for. I believe it all depends on what your expectations are. I want a safe beach, no roaches, and no illness. There is only so much a resort can do to make your trip enjoyable, you have to make it what it is. Your travel companions, realistic expectaions, and the desire to have a great vacation.
In regards to the staff, just like at home if you treat them with respect, and attempt to communicate with them they will do anything in their power to help you. I speak limited Spanish and my husband who is Portuguese helps out, and our children who speak French all made an effort to communicate. I believe in tipping and we had no problems with the bar, the restaurants, or the front desk, and Freddy who books your reservations for the Al la Carte was just amazing. Over all I would be honest when giving a reference for this hotel, for us it is to big, the pool could have been a lot cleaner but the staff are great ,there were no BUGS in our rooms, and the food was what it is.
Travelling at this time of the year would not be my first choice again, it's still winter so the days are shorter, it was very windy, and it rained at least once a day during our two week period. No fault of the resort though.
For families that like everything close at hand, clean, and regular staff who basically become your individual host then I recommend the LTI.
Where ever you may end up on your vacation just remember it is a vacation sit back relax and enjoy.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with family