Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$324
US$253
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$293
US$171
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$371
US$259
US$261
US$206
  • Breakfast included
Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$512
US$471
  • Pool
Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$253
Elvoline
US$790
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
TRS Turquesa Hotel(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$199
TripAdvisor
4,577 results
All reviewsseafoodmedia lunasteakanimation teama la carte restaurantsla gondolapink flamingosother resortsmain barswim up bardominican nightgrounds are beautifulstar resortnightly entertainmentsaona islandrecommend this resortnight shows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 February 2007

My wife and I just got back from Natura and had a GOOD time. We are both in our mid thirties and we found the resort to be nice. The food is decent and the weather is awesome. the landscaping is beautiful and our roome was mostly clean. If you have never been there are some things you might want to know about this place:
1. Mini bar has only two beers and two Pepsi's. Good luck getting them refilled quickly.
2. If your looking for a lounge chair by the pool to kick up your feet and relax, you better get up before 6am and take you towel out to the pool and claim your territory. If you don't, I hope you like concrete?
3. Do not go to the Palma Real mall. Of the 33 stores claimed to be in operation, 12 were true to their word.
4. Kirby at Conquest tours was absolutely useless. He showed three hours late for orientation and blamed us for the mistake. On this note get use to time deadlines not being made by employees.
5. Bring plenty of American cash. They told us if we wanted more we could easily get it from the front desk. Take a wild guess what happened?
6. The a la carte restaurants were nice, but we had difficulty getting reservations-even after orientatiion! Nothing a little cash couldn't solve. Amazing there were no spots left until Mr. LIncoln came out.

Stayed: February 2007
2  Thank gunnerama
Reviewed 18 February 2007

I was at Nutura Park from Jan 31 to Feb 7th. I had a wonderful time, the staff was helpful and polite, even the front desk. Check in and out was a breeze.The food was fine the meat was a little tough,but there were plenty of other things to eat. The room did smell a little stuffy, but no worse than my room had in the USA the night before we left. I was scared to go after reading the reviews but I found none of the negatives to be true. I speak very little Spanish and I was polite to the staff so they were polite to me, and went out of there way to be helpful , when i could not communicate in Spaiish the staff always got someone who could speak English to help me .We mentioned that something was broken in our room and when we got back from the beach it was fixed. Yes there was seaweed on the beach but it is an ocean and someone was raking it up all day everyday. We always had plenty of towels and extra bottles of water, our room was very clean. We were not sick from the food and they had the best chocolate ice cream. The grounds were well kept and beautiful.They workers at the place where they had the boats and scuba gear went out of there way to be accomodating. I had a wonderful time, usually if you treat people with friendliness and respect they will treat you the same way. I would go to Natura Park again.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
6  Thank enjoyslifeWisconsin
Reviewed 12 February 2007

We stayed at Natura Park during the first week of February.
We found staff to be helpful and friendly and very hard-working. The food - while not gourmet - was good enough. After all, we came for the sun and the swimming and not to get fat. The grounds are beautiful and very well kept.

But I like to swim in the ocean and found the designated (roped-off) area much too small and weedy. Swimming outside the designated area where there are large kelp beds and wild-life (fish and large turtles) and hardly any floating weeds was much too dangerous because of the nearly constant traffic of motor boats. These boats with their noise and stinky exhaust fumes would come as close as just a few meters off the beach.

My question: why do boats that can go just about anywhere have to come this close to the shore? Should not the beach and a reasonable distance out be reserved for swimmers? Why does the enjoyment of people on the beach have to be disrupted by the noise and stink from inconsiderate motor boaters? I feel very strongly that the immediate area off the beach - at least about 300 meters - should be off-limits to motor boats so that swimmers can be safe and this limit should be enforced and designated with buoys.

I realize that the hotel may not be able to bring about a rule to keep motor boats a safe distance from swimmers. Cooperation among resorts may be necessary to bring this about. But I think it would be in the interest of the Dominican Republic AND the resorts to make sure that swimmers be safe from being run down and injured or killed by motor boats.

We will certainly NOT return to Natura Park or visit any other resort where we cannot safely swim in the ocean near the resort.

Other than this I feel we got our money's worth.

Stayed: February 2007
2  Thank swimmerEvanston
Reviewed 11 February 2007

I have travelled all over the Caribbean and stayed in all kinds of hotels and resorts and never been sick to my stomach but this place had the most awful food (I have a hard time even calling it food) that I have had to endure. The buffet had food sitting out in the heat for hours with no refrigeration. The chicken was pink on the inside and the other meats were over cooked, the burgers were pre cooked and boiled... yes boiled. The a la carte restaurants were not much better other than the steak place which had nice staff and food that was kind of ok, someone should tell them that sliced cheese is not parmesan amongst other things though. The seafood restaurant was so bad that we took one bite of our appetizers and just looked at the burnt main course and walked out after being unable to get any lobster out of the shell and not recognizing the mystery brown fluid on top of the lobster. We asked for drinks 3 times before getting any and butter 4 times before it was actually tossed on the plate with attitude. The buffet runs out of food close to 9:15pm when they are supposed to be open till 10pm. We were told that they had no more red wine in the restaurant at 9:20pm. This may actually have been a blessing for anyone who actually likes half decent wine since it's beyond terrible as is the beer. I would have been happy to pay for good wine or beer, I'm not a big drinker but do appreciate a nice glass of wine with dinner or the odd beer on the beach. If you enjoy unsanitary conditions in your eating establishments, waiters who don't wash their hands after using the bathroom (yes I witnessed this), violent stomach cramps and diarrhea, then you'll love the restaurants at Natura Park!

I should have known something was not right the day we got there. My room had a funky odour and the air conditioning worked when it wanted to. The bathroom was infested by ants and I saw quite a few cockroaches in my room as well during the week. The second day my electricity went out completely and no one at the front desk cared or did anything. The locks on the doors are pointless and anyone could just give it a kick and be in the room in an instant.

The staff were so unqualified to work in the hospitality industry that I swear that they just hired whoever showed up. They were rude, lazy and dishonest. Room service takes hours to get to the room, usually after 3-5 calls. By the time it gets to you hot dishes are disgustingly cold and cold dishes have been sitting out of the refrigerator for hours. You have to go to the bars to get ice and then they wont fill up your bucket. It's an all inclusive resort right?... nope... the mini bar is full of stuff they charge for, including WATER!!! That's if they actually re stock it or if it even gets cold. Ask to talk to the manager and you'll likely be told he's taking a nap, seriously.

Now for the good points...

I need a minute to actually think of any. Oh yeah, the weather was fantastic however if they could have ruined that I'm sure that they would have. The grounds were quite well kept and the rooms were nice enough. The beach was nice but there was a lot of seaweed and try and find a lounge chair, good luck after 6:30 am. This is common though at many resorts.

Well that's about all I can think of for the good. So all in all a terrible place that I could never ever recommend to anyone I actually like. I can't understand how anyone could ever give the Natura Park a good review. What a shame since it's in a nice location with great possibilities. Do yourselves a favour and go somewhere else and you'll never know how lucky you were to avoid Natura Park Beach - EcoResort & Spa, which is neither a Eco resort nor a spa.

Wishing you a great vacation.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank northlight
Reviewed 7 February 2007

We went to Natura Park for one week with our 3 year old daughter at the end of January.
I had read the reviews before going and was prepared for possible problems.
Overall, I found the hotel/resort had potential, but was a little diappointing. I got the impression that when it was new it was top notch, but now it seems a little run down.
I am quite fluent in Spanish, so language was not an issue for us. Very few staff spoke English or French. Spanish seemed to be their only language.
The check-in was very smooth, although some other guests had to wait a few hours for their room to be ready.
Upon arrival at the room, I noticed that the lock and door knob had been tampered with. We tested it and found that it was quite easy to open the door without a key. I returned to the front reception immediately to request another room. I was told that they were fully booked so that it was impossible, but they would call maintenance to go there urgently and fix the door.
We unpacked and waited about an hour. I got the impression that the front desk was not interested in this problem. Rather than let this ruin our vacation we decided to live with it and simply made sure our suitcases and valuables were locked up at all times. I raised the issue a couple of times over the first couple of days and got reassurances it would be fixed promptly. It never did get fixed.
The positives are the weather, the grounds and the nice sand. There was a lot of seaweed on one day when the tide was high, but it is the sea afterall.
The swimming pool needs painting and better maintaining.
The steps leading into the pool are a little mouldy.
The Whirlpool attached to the pool is supposed to be on an automatic timer. The staff told me it goes on every half hour.
I found that it did not work at all for 2 days. The other days it would turn on, but only a few times a day. No one seemed to be repairing it and in fact there was no indication that it was actually broken.
The pool swim up bar was often not staffed until well past noon and only for a couple of hours.
For us these were just some things we noticed. We were determined to relax and enjoy ourselves, because that is what a vacation is all about.
My daughter enjoyed the mini-disco and playing in the playground. There are only 2 animation staff dedicated to the children's activities and only one of these to the mini-club. We were not comfortable with leaving our 3 year old at the mini-club on her own because the staff member only spoke Spanish and because there was only one staff member supervising kids both indoors and out. Because not all the kids would play together it meant kids were left un-supervised at times. The mini-club is quite close to the pool and beach so we were afraid our daughter might wander off towards these 2 areas.
There were many children of all ages at this resort, so it is quite family friendly. Guests are from many places around the world: Canada, Poland, Croatia, Chile, Argentina, Italy, Portugal, and Spain
We had a nice vacation, but would I recommend this hotel/resort...if you haven't booked I would say look elsewhere.
If you already booked, keep an open mind. Be prepared for some diappointment..but focus on the postives and enjoy your trip.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with family