Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 15/08/21
Riu.com
Free cancellation until 15/08/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Lol.travel
US$159
Hotels.comUS$216
Prestigia.com
FindHotelUS$216
4,928 results
All reviews vip section vip pool la bambola palm trees sports bar caribbean street main pool dominican republic specialty restaurants ocean view vip room open concept main buffet entertainment area italian restaurant other resorts entertainment staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went during the pandemic time Wich is not the same entertainment. But the food was great the restaurant food was a truly amazing experience . drinks were very well done. I'm very thankful for Ramon in the reception he make my birthday special with the room upgrade also Cristian in the vip pool area bar he make the best mojitos. The whole staff is great the resort have a good location and is very clean . I'll definitely recommend this resort I'll be back again for sure.

Date of stay: June 2021
Review collected in partnership with riu.com
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Folks listen up, my family/friends and I just got back from the Riu Palace Bavaro and let me start of by saying this didn’t the first time we stayed here , it’s our 3rd actually and it was very good time. The hotel staff is very attentive and friendly. The food is managabke for the Carribean. My room and all our friends rooms were very good, and the beach was nice ! There was a few days where there was seaweed on the beach, so we just hung out at the VIP pool those days. But overall , the beach was perfect. Hector the bar-tender , Grasilda and Elizabeth at the buffet and Alex at the lobby were the most helpful . The evening entertainment was very good on some night and not so good the other , but hey there were drinks :) . If your still one of those people who are scared of covid, rest assured this hotel follows all covid policies set in place by The Dominican Republic Government. Every staff member was wearing a mask and there was hand sanitizer stations all over especially in the buffet area. Our rooms were clean and very well maintained. Since there seems to be a lot of reviews that say otherwise, I checked the room before I checked in and all our rooms were perfect . No bed bugs like other guests claim and no broken mirrors. To sum up, this hotel is excellent and has a lot of things to do for people of all ages. There were lots of families so bring your kids ! Hope this help me when choosing a hotel in Punta Cana ! Riu Bavaro A+
Thank you again guys , looking forward to coming back in the near future !
Julian

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We planned a family vacation for 8 this past July 4th. Two of our rooms had bed bugs. Needless to say I'm totally disgusted and pissed. The staff tried to cover it up but I have pictures and video of the infested mattress. Also, they tried moving me to 4 different rooms that have the same exact problem. How is it that no one in management knows that this resort has a bed bug problem. Unfortunately, I'm out of $4,000 for the trip and cloths. We had to put all our things in garbage bags and trash them. The staff has been less than accommodating and rude concerning the matter. AND....the service and food has been less than satisfactory. I've literally had to ask for face towels everyday. I just don't understand how this gets missed by housekeeping. I'm done with this resort!!!

Room tip: Please read the reviews before booking a trip here. Also, make sure you insist on checking the mattress when you arrive.
Date of stay: July 2021
RIU Hotels and Resorts, Owner at Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Sonya,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your family vacation and also for sharing your comments with us on TripAdvisor.

We are truly concerned to read about your experience since what you describe does not at all reflect our usual standards. Trust that we take the health of our guests very serious.

To be able to do a proper follow up, we recommend you to contact our After Travel Customer Care at complaints@riu.com with more detailed information.

Again, we are sorry to read that your stay was not according to your expectations; we truly hope that you will allow us to welcome you back for a more pleasant stay.

Best wishes,

Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro
Online Reputation Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

You better NOT show any type of cleavage or anything like that in this resort not even in the BUFFET (not even reffering to the more fancier restaurants). I went to the buffet w a skirt and a bikini like top, and they denied me the entrance and i was unable to eat. They sent me to go change and humiliated me to say the least. To be clear i had been to DR over 5 times in the past and never had this happened to me. I got my boobs done about 4 months ago, so im guessing having boobs is the problem! RIDICULOUS. The fact that this is a beach resort and you cant wear a simple bikini like top to the buffet is bizarre to me. Piece of sh***

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Laura,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to make us aware of your concerns.

Please, in no way we wanted you to make you feel that way. We sincerely apologize for the frustrations you experienced as described in your review.

Please know, our Palace brand hotels represent our more sophisticated collection of hotels and in order to provide a fancy and relaxing restaurant atmosphere to all our guests, casual chic or elegant clothes and appropriate footwear are allowed.

Please know that we appreciate you and your feedback, and have shared your comments with our management team. We appreciate the opportunity to investigate these concerns further.

It is our hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future so we can show you this recent experience is not our normal.

Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro
Online Reputation Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Riu Palace Bavaro, Punta Cana exceeding my expectations. Impressive kudos especially to staff: Ezy, Tomas, Omar, Winnie and Juan, supervisor of the restaurants and housekeeping associate. They made me feel special by being attentive to my needs. Each day I was warmly greeted. My breakfast table was adorned with flowers and my green tea awaited me. Everyone is super friendly and the facilities are safe and immaculate. It’s a model for all hotels worldwide.

Trip type: Travelled solo