3,717 results
All reviews hot dogs seafood small resort other resorts ocean view a la carte restaurants great beach animation team pasta station beach bar family suite buffet restaurant stayed in building hamburger dance lessons white sand cleaned daily
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

We booked through Southwest vacations and this is a destination I have been wanting to go for several years. I travel extensively but this was my first experience at a resort. We had no issues getting to the resort and had paid for ground transportation as part of our package. When we tried to check in however the front desk was very rude and said they did not have anything for Southwest under our names. I was trying to show the girl on my phone my confirmation email and she said that was not what she needed to see. She finally went and got a manager in both the English was a challenge but they said it was not through Southwest it was through a Marc’s travel that I had never heard of never received anything from and they said we should’ve had something printed out showing our names and room. After 45 minutes we finally were given keys to a room with a map showing the buildings on the property but no schedules no information on services or any availability of anything. As soon as we left the front lobby the solicitors were all over us. It was a weeklong solicitation you could not walk out of your room to go to anywhere without being solicited whether it was for their private members club for excursions but I did not expect being on a resort to have to deal with that. There never was a schedule of events we could not find where the 24 hour food was we did find some pizza that was out in the afternoons but that was all of the “restaurants there was one that did international and one that did Italian. They both had five different dishes every night and the menu never changed. The food was very bland with no flavoring and not many options. I had expected like a cruise to gain weight but that was not the problem here. Every time I try to ask questions they staff did not understand English and we’re not trying to assist in anyway just said sorry no comprehend. We had planned on doing an excursion but the gentleman kept telling us to come back every day at 2:30 finally our last day that we could book for the next day he’s called the place and said oh it was not available. Then he said he could arrange free transportation to a market, His name was Antonio with the Transat tour desk. I said I do not want a mall I want local he told us the Canadians did not get up early we would have to wait. The second to last day we went to the desk again and he said run out to the gate the bus will be there in 10 minutes we did got on the bus and they took us to a mall and then charge us six dollars to get off and have a return trip back. The next day when I told him that was not with one and he said oh you got the wrong bus they come to the curb we said we did what you told us he said they’re very smart you’re not very smart they’ll take your money. I felt he was very disrespecting and I chose not to purchase anything then from him. Instead we rented a car and that was one of the best choices we made even though advised against it. The VIK was very disappointing and I only have cruises to compare to but the staff was not interested in making you feel special or treating you well at this location. I would not recommend this to anyone as there is nothing to do except sit on the beach and I could go to a regular hotel for that after dinner there was nothing and there was no steakhouse except on the Friday night you could pay to have steak and half of a lobster that was grilled again that had no taste I watch people get up and refused to pay. We did do this and there was only one waiter for the whole restaurant. The only food that was actually decent was the bread and butter. We aren’t large drinkers so maybe with the free alcohol people enjoy things more and if you were intoxicated the whole time you could enjoy this location but if you’re wanting to be pampered and enjoy the benefits of a resort do not book here.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jeanne22865
VHAB, Public Relations Manager at VIK Hotel Arena Blanca, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear client,

We appreciate you have visited Vik hotel Arena Blanca, also for letting us know your feedback about experienced which is very important to our management as is considered a contribution to us for improving and growing up.
We are deeply regret couldn't meet your expectations, but thank you for informing us to take the convenient measures.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

We booked an Air Transat vacation package of 7 days at this hotel with garden view room. The day before our arrival, we phoned and asked for a renovated room on the third floor. When we arrived, the check in process was quick and we got the room 4202 on third floor, building 4, the second closest to the beach. The room was clean and comfortable, with two beds, an efficient and quiet air-conditioned, minibar with bottled water, TV with most of channels in Spanish but also English channels, two small closets and a safe that we paid US$2/day. At our balcony, we had partial view to the pool and the ocean. At the reception there was available free WiFi, so the area was always crowded of guests causing network congestion. The pool had plenty of lounge chairs and it was never too crowded so it was not necessary to reserve place with towels, since most of people preferred to stay at the beach. The gardens are very well maintained. At the pool, close from where you pick up the poll towels, there were people trying to sell day packages but we did not have problems, just saying politely “no” was enough. We were disappointed with all work underway at the beach, the Bucanero Beach Restaurant was closed replacing the roof and the hotel placed a lot of sand around each palm tree to protect the roots, while building a protection with rocks around it, so there were few palm shades and the overall view was ugly. Most of guests were dragging the lounge chairs closer to the ocean, becoming too crowded, at least for us. We understand the hotel needs to do restorations while operating, but it could work on few palms while keeping others for guests. The food at the buffet “Mirador” was very good, especially at breakfast and dinner, with different options every day and typical food. About drinks, we choose beer since we did not like at all their house wine and bar drinks. We did not go at any ala carte restaurants so we cannot say anything about them. The staff was very polite and tried their best to speak English with guests. After all beach restorations completed, if we will find again a good package deal, we will come back.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Leo_Gabi_CA

Dear client,

Thank you so much for having preferred our Vik hotel Arena Blanca for the enjoyment of your recent vacations, also for sharing with us your kind opinion by this media.
Thank you again for spending your time writing these comments, and we hope see you soon in Vik hotel Arena Blanca!

Reviewed 3 December 2017

Due to the last Hurricane many renovations were going on . It did not bother me , as I understand it must be done . They put up at least 10 palapas on my end of the beach the first week , and many more on the way . The beach chairs are a bit close , but I managed to find a spot or two that were less crowded . The room I had in building one was very comfortable . It had a large mirror , 3 lights in the bathroom (rain and hand shower ). Digital save at $2 per day , Why is this not always included ? Flat screen T.V. with a usb plug in . (not sure if it worked ) Many channels , a few in English !. All drinks I had were very good , but a travel mug for the beach came in handy .I have read reviews about cheap watered down /sugary sweet drinks . I guess if you WANTED them they were available , but I never had one . 8 ounce reusable plastic glasses at the bars were fine for evening drinks . The food was very , very good . Plenty of variety of everything . If you go hungry , well , rethink your diet . I cannot imagine someone not able to put together a wonderful meal . I went to each A La Carte 3 times . Each meal impressed me . As did the service everywhere . From the front desk to the beach cleaners , everyone was pleasant and polite . THEN there was the clients , Rude , pushy wasteful and disrespectful . Few people tipped , the ones that demanded the most left the least . The shows varied , but I enjoyed all the ones I saw . (I couldn't help but notice , as a man walked a tightrope , inches away from her face , a lady was more interested in her phone ,hair or yelling at her friend , with her back to the performer . SHE will be the one saying the shows were not good . ) I guess I loved the resort , but did not enjoy the people . It is every ones holiday not just yours . Anyway , I would give four and a half if I could . No more smoking in the lobby , so , wifi away ! I was not bothered /harassed by salesmen . Only front row beach people were approached . Security warned them of after minute or two if you had no interest . It was a great first time in Punta Cana for me . Oh , full mini bar available for $70 .

• Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank im1

Dear client,

We are so pleased to know you enjoyed your holiday stay in Vik hotel Arena Blanca!
We highly appreciate your time to write this review, as is very valued by our future guests.
So happy that you liked the attention provided by our staff.
Thank you very much for visiting our resort and for your feedback.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

The food was very good. Different fish every day. Much variety each day. On the 4th day, my wife broke her foot on an excursion and the hotel loaned her crutches. They were reluctant to give us one of their two wheelchairs saying it might be needed for a guest coming in at any time. (They had two of them. Were we not a guest in need?) The beach was very nice, even though they are still fixing the damage on the grounds and the palm trees from the hurricane. There were numerous activities each day; dance lessons, pool aerobics, bocci ball, etc. The entertainment at night was OK. (Must note the magic show was just OK till the 2nd half. When we thought it was over, the magician came out into the audience and put on a spectaculr performance that I won't spoil for you.)

Dear client,

Thank you so much for your preference in Vik hotel Arena Blanca as your holiday destination, also for expressing your comments about it which are very valued by our management.
In your case, it delighted us that you liked our hotel and enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to serve you again in a near future.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

This is a good basic hotel with a great beach. I'm a returning client and would come here again. The employees make an effort to please guests from all countries and the Animation Team is outstanding! And the team is excellent with children! The maids (camaristas) always do a great job and I tip every day in case the maid changes. They will collect all dirty towels early, so you may want to keep one aside in case the maids don't receive the clean towels promptly, which happened to me only one day. Clean beach towels are available by the pool 8 AM to 6 PM.
The beach is great for swimming and walking, no undertow, no constant passing of boats. This hotel had the most palapas (sunshades) but half were gone after the hurricane, the hotel is doing well recovering, altho the disco is closed due to damage. There are plenty of palapas around the large pool. Food is good and basic with lots of choices. Beverages in the buffet are self-serve. Smokers are in a separate dining pod. The 3 restaurants, International, Mexican, and Italian do not require a reservation. The International Restaurant is the only dining area that is air conditioned. There are 5 buildings, 5 being closest to beach and one closest to Lobby. The bldgs are 3 stories, no elevator, all rooms have balconies or terrace with drying racks. Most of the rooms have been renovated. The shower head is European style to be hand held or slid up and down on its pole. The bathrooms have doors to the entire bathroom, which most hotels here do not have this privacy. However there are frosted windows in the doors, still better than nothing! The grounds are lovely and well maintained. Nice place for relaxing vacation, hotel is small enough to walk everywhere.Smile and say Hola (Hi)!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank MsLee10
VHAB, Public Relations Manager at VIK Hotel Arena Blanca, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear client,

Thanks a lot for preferred Vik hotel Arena Blanca! specially for sharing your detailed feedback about experienced in our resort, which will be very helpful to our potential guests. So glad that you enjoyed and liked the complex as expected, this is our main purpose.

We would love to welcome you again in a near future, repeat guests are very important to us.