Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino
US$205
  • Breakfast included
NH Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$98
NH Hotels
US$335
US$262
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$136
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$355
US$249
US$300
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$328
US$256
  • Breakfast included
Memories Splash Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$523
Hotelpower.com
US$201
Cancelon
7,172 results
All reviewsloft suitesports barlas torresa la carte restaurantsel bohiobavaro sectiontravel clubpublic relationsjapanese restaurantdominican republicadult poolroyal gourmetbeautiful beachmake reservationsair transatjacuzzi tubgreat vacation
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The pool was small, we were very surprised by this. We went in the down season, can't imagine trying to fit any more people around/in the pool during the busy spring break season.

The food (buffet breakfast and lunch) was eh- nothing special. A la carte restaurants were okay, there were only two of us so we never had to wait very long. The service
was very poor in the restaurants- you really had to flag someone down if you needed anything (water refill, another utensil, etc). At the Mexican restaurant I ordered a veggie fajita as my appetizer and it never came out.
The servers sometimes would see you looking for someone to help, and just keep on going about their tasks, maybe assisting you once whatever they were doing was completed. That got a little bit
aggravating.

Our room was decent; one time our maid forgot to leave us new washcloths so we called the front desk and they told us someone would be there ASAP. No washcloths ever came. Be careful, the beds and pillows are pretty firm, but there is an option to upgrade your pillows for $3 USD per pillow per night (they have a menu of 4 or 5 different pillow choices).

We didn't hate the resort by any means, but there were definite flaws. I consider myself to be somewhat "well-traveled" with the Caribbean (Mexico many times, Jamaica) and there were aspects of this resort that just didn't compare to others I've stayed at.

People selling day trips/excursions at the pool (3rd party vendors unaffiliated with Grand Palladium) got very annoying very quickly. I'm not crazy about the fact that Grand Palladium allows these people to come in and bombard their paying guests who are trying to relax.

The resort was beautiful, it just needed some updating. You could tell it was a little bit older (cracks in the paths, chipping paint, overall "used" feeling) but to a novice traveler it might be very luxurious.

I don't know if I would recommend this hotel to a friend, but for booking it just shy of a month in advance and for the price we paid, it was perfectly fine. We still enjoyed it, it's not like we couldn't wait to leave- a beach vacation is always a great time. I would just say to really look around for other places; Barcelo Palace Deluxe looked very nice, as did the
Iberostar resorts.

Also, keep in mind in this review I've been very nit-picky. For what it was (a semi-last minute beach vacation), we enjoyed our stay at Grand Palladium.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank kait0813
Daphne K, Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2011

Dear Sirs,

thank you very much for your comments here in Tripadvisor.

We would like to apologize that you did not enjoy your holiday as expected and would like to asure you that your suggestions are forwarded already to the corresponding departement to be able to improve our services constantly.

Hoping to be able to welcome you again we would like to suggest to try our adults only product, The Royal Suites Turquesa.

With best regards
The Management

Reviewed 26 July 2011

My fiance took me here for our 5th anniversary of being together and were expecting something wonderful due to the resorts 5 star rating and the price we had to pay.

Whilst the resort is nice, the beach and the pool areas etc, there are many things wrong with this place.

We were located next to a building site which where they would start work at sunrise therefor we would get rudely awoken on our vacation.Apparently they are building a kids club, you would expect them to start work at a decent hour or not place guests nearby.

The food is terrible, but the service in the restaurants is by far even worse. The selection of drinks is limited with no names brands, just local liquor and slushy cocktails from a machine.

What is the most frustrating part is the constant selling by the resorts own staff. You get interrupted constantly and can't even relax on the beach without being harassed.

We also had to complain a few time to reception about problems so as the key to our room not working and the AC. They are very rude and not very helpful, it seems to be a chore for them, this is hardly surprising as you see the same staff at reception for days on end.

I for one will not be returning to this resort as it wasn't half as relaxing as it should of been.

9  Thank pauline-idaho

Dear Sirs,

thank you very much for your review in Tripadvisor.

We would like to apoligize learning that you stay had no been the one you expected. Most of our guests are very happy with our services as you may read in other comments.

International brands are part of our offer in our bars. We would like to point out as well that under Dominican Law our employees are having working shifts of 8 hours.

Nevertheless we would like to welcome you soon again in our properties to give us the chance to convince you of our services.

Wtih best regards
The Management

Reviewed 26 July 2011

This was the first vacation my fiance and I had in a long time. The resort itself is beautiful. Beautiful lobby, rooms, and pools. The staff was so hospitable, everyone from the bellman to the towel distributor. The beach was a 2 minute walk from our room, as well as the buffet and al a carte restaurants. The antique train as a form of transportation around the resor was the cutest. The Michael Jackson show was the BEST and it was great having a 24 hour sports bar to drink and snack all night (with the best pizza).

Now for my only issues: Our bathroom sink had the tiniest red insects that looked like fruit flies that I kept killing. Once I told our housekeeper, she killed them for one day...and then they came back. Very annoying and gross at the same time. When we needed towels it took almost an hour to get to us. The food at the buffet were not best, but then again we were in another country. The best restaurant was the Italian ala carte restaurant. Traveling as a couple is hard to find nightlife activities, only one nightclub may have to ask around to find off resort nightlife and travel as a group. Also, If your traveling with children beware of the topless tourist.

Would I come back to Punta Cana? Defintely! Come back Palladium? Maybe I'll try their other resorts...I have to be convinced

3  Thank melithom12
Rsegarra, General Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2011

Thanks for this review, and thanks to be honest.............
Unfortunately tropical areas, due the humidity, a lot of sun and vegetation are the paradise of some insects. We have an special team working a very big amount of hours triyng to minimize this, fumigating every day and following an special program.
Thanks again for this comments, we will take it very seriously in order to imporve our services.

Reviewed 26 July 2011

Our family went to Punta Cana for the 4th time the first week of July with another family. Kids consisted of teens 17 -18. Let me start by saying we have travelled to almost every Carribean island, Hawaii, some of Europe and Bavaro beach is absolutely stunning! One of the most beautiful beaches we have been on..Grounds were immaculate, as were the rooms, restaurants, lobby. Al la carte restaurants particularly Spanish, Mexican and Brazilian excellent but al la carte left something to be desired. Our main issue was with the constant soliciting of many kinds to all of us. While on the beach we were approached daily by people who worked the excursions constantly. One day we counted as much as 34 times for dune buggy excursions, snorkelling, parasailing, etc excursions. We kept politely saying no but 5 minutes later someone else would approach. These people worked for the Grand Palladium and actually had name tags on so they were not just locals. This seemed very inappropriate. One time I was actuallys sleeping under our palapa hut and I was tapped ont he shoulder by a solicitor. Next came the disco...while we were with our husbands but off to the side both husbands were approached by prostitutes. When they declined one actually groped one of the men offering sex in her room. Our teenage boys were laughing because they were approached at least 4 times on the weeks stay by hotel workers asking them if they wanted any kind of drugs they could set them up. I don't remember this happening in our previous visits. It left a bad taste in our minds and we will not be back to the DR due to the staff soliciting. Quite a shame because the facility is gorgeous and beautiful in ALMOST every way. Then again, for those who are interested in the soliciting...you may just love it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank mendexi
Reviewed 25 July 2011

The Jacuzzi in the room was not working. There was no water in the room during daytime. We were suspecting that there might be a bed bugs manifestation. We heard from another American Couple that the AC at their room was down. We stayed just one night and we had to move to the another hotel in the resort.

4  Thank USA78