Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
TRS Turquesa Hotel(Punta Cana)
  • Pool
7,132 results
All reviewsloft suitesports barlas torresa la carte restaurantsel bohiobavaro sectiontravel clubpublic relationsjapanese restaurantdominican republicadult poolroyal gourmetbeautiful beachmake reservationsair transatjacuzzi tubgreat vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 February 2012

While our trip was enjoyable & relaxing. It wasn't fantastic. Usually at a la cartes or buffets, you can find something tasty to eat. Not the case here. During our two week vacation, we only ate 2-3 meals that were delicious. We never went hungry, but it was hard to find something tasty or hot. The food was usually luke warm and tasteless. The drinks were never consistent. No two drinks were the same and they really weren't that good. After three days I requested "no rum" because the bartenders would pour half a glass and it wasn't good rum.
The grounds & beach are very clean and beautiful. No problem finding a lounge at the pool or beach. Weather is hot! I enjoy bartering, but it was exhausting in Punta Cana. The vendors start extremely high and nothing is cheap, even after bartering back and forth for 15 minutes.
We will not be back to this resort or Punta Cana as we have found the food & service is much better in Mexico.
Sorry for the negative review. I am just being honest from our experience. If your going, you will have a nice time. But don't expect wonderful service or food.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lisajsch
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Just returned from a week(Feb.11-18) at GPP...our first time visiting this resort. I'll preface this by saying we have been to approxiamtely a dozen different Carribean resorts, located in Jamaica, Dom. Rep., & Mexico....all all-inclusives.
O.K......here's the dope....no fluff....no whining.
The beach.....probably the best, most pictureques beach we have ever been on. In the Dom. Rep. they do not clear cut the palm trees...they leave them standing...and all of the beaches in Dom. Rep. reflect this....beautiful palm trees blowing in the breeze. The really nice thing about this beach, is there's no 12"-18""drop-off" as you enter the water...just a gradually sloping of the shore into the water. Also, there is no band of broken coral, rocks, shells you have to walk thru to get into the surf.......it's soft, powdery sand all the way in. Very Nice!
The resort is HUGE..!! It consists of 4 hotel "compounds", lined up in a row along the shoreline. I would say the Grand Palladium property stretches at least 1/2 a mile....maybe a mile. You might think it would be easy to get lost in this small city. Not so. There are 2 trains and I don't know how many shuttles, trams, golf carts, etc to shuttle you anywhere you want to go. We stayed at The Palace compound and spent a bit of time down at Hemingways Bar and the Sports Bar(open 24 hours, great self serve snacks all the time...4 diferent kinds of pizza, hot dogs, chicken strips, fish fillets, hash browns, nachos & cheese, popcorn, soft serve ice cream, and a grill for making hamburgers and a bunch of other sandwiches. We never had a problem getting around from compound to compound. After you hop a train or tram, you will rrealize what a big resort this is, and also realize what a FANTASTIC job the grounds crew does keeping the place looking impeccable. The entire grounds is landscaped!!
Also, before I forget, others had complained of bugs, especially ground floor rooms. We stayed in room 9108, ground floor in the 91# building. We never had any problems with bugs....never even saw a cockroach the entire time we were there. Did I see some extremely tiny ants from time to time.....sure, but not a real big deal. We didn't even mention it to each other, it was that insignificant. KILLER ocean view!!!! Close to everything!!!
The food.......I'd say above average. The selection of food items at the buffets is second to none. Yep......it was the same line-up everyday....but they had EVERYTHING!!! You will have no problem finding plenty of food you like out of the selection. I'm not even going to try to go thru the list.
The service/staff: We thought they did a great job! Every one of them. We had no problems. We were having a pretty good time, so whenever we approached any of the staff for anything, we came at 'em with a smile, and this seemed to make interacting pretty easy and enjoyable.
We only took in a few shows. The Cuban guitar player.....INCREDIBLE!! One of the best guitar players we've ever seen. Also, the Frank Sinatra show was good. A tad loud, but a great entertainer.
O.K....I'm sure I missed a lot of the high points of this resort, so I guess I'll sum it up this way. We are seeking that "perfect" resort. The perfect beach, good food, good atmosphere, neat vibe. Well, this is about as close as we've come so far in finding it. This is one place we'd hit again. Hope this helps. Any Q's? GrandPohba@aol.com

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank grandpohba
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I was lucky enough to go back to this resort for the second time in a year. This time with 15 girls.

As I had booked seperately, I got to the resort first. Upon checking in I realised I was in a different area to the rest of my group. I spoke to reception and explained that the rest of the party who were on their way were staying in a different villa to me and asked whether it was possible I could be near them, within minutes I was put in the villa next door with absolutley no problem.

I got to my room and the bellboy brought my luggage over straight away, I was just checking things out when reception rang to say the rest of my party had arrived, how nice was that!

We all settled in straight away and headed to the pool for a quick dip! it was lovely to see familiar faces from staff at the pool and what a lovely reception we got from them.

We had several 'dress up nights' as we were there celebrating a 60th birthday, and the staff always gave us a clap as we came into the lobby!! lovely but embarrasing! They waited on us hand and foot, amazing service in the Palace pool and lobby bars all of the time.

We tried the Japanese restaurant, able to book easily for all of us, I enjoyed it but a few said it was quite salty.

We also tried the Italian mare Nostrum, that was not a good meal, the starters and salad were lovely but the main courses were all cold do none of us finished our meal.

The buffets were lovely every day as normal. We only has one problem when we tried to sit together one night, the area with the longer tables to accomodate bigger parties has no air con, or none that works anyway, so, again we had to leave as it was so hot. We just learned that its easier to sit on several small tables the rest of the time.

We loved La Cathedrael buffet and Hemmingways and lunch at el bohio overlooking the beach.

I would definitley go again in October because it was lovely and quiet (most of the time) and you could always get palapa's around the pool and at the beach.

One slight downer to the holiday was the Dominican public holiday over one weekend of our stay, the resort became full to bursting for the weekend when the locals came to stay, most of them are wonderful, some were rude but it did get very very busy during this time.

Looking forward to my next trip!!

Room Tip: look at the maps available and email the resort
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank Watfordweekenders
Reviewed 14 February 2012

First and foremost, I must tell you that this was our very first trip ever, for our 10th wedding anniversary, and everyone involved made this the trip of a lifetime for us. From the service to the cleanliness to the food and the accommodations, everything at the Grand Palladium Palace Resort "totally exceeded" our expectations. Everyone is so friendly and helpful, and go out of their way to make certain that you are a happy guest. Our agent, from Merit Travel, suggested this resort, and we are extremely pleased that she did. This will now be an annual "affair" for my husband and I, and want to go to the very same resort again next year. We also went swimming with the dolphins, and that is the ultimate experience of a lifetime. We flew with Canjet, and they were absolutely awesome as well. Definitely did not expect champagne on the way to Punta Cana. Nice surprise. Thank you so much for the fabulous time, see you next year!!!

Room Tip: We had a terrace suite extremely close to the pool and directly behind the lobby. (corner suite) Was not noisy at all, and anyway, once you rest your head on your pillow at night in your comfy bed, you sleep like a baby!!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Colette P
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Just returned from a 6 night stay at this property. It was our third trip to Punta Cana and we have traveled to all inclusives in Jamaica and Mexico. We love the flexibility of all inclusive resorts and know you sometimes give up perks when going to such a resort. I will have to say the reviews I read about this place are all "spot on". The negatives are definitely present, it isn't just an angry traveler letting off steam. And, the positives are present too. When going to this place you must have the mindset that it IS NOT a 5 star resort and the employees are not driven to serve their customers. If you can accept that, you will enjoy the beach and sun and have a good time.
The GOOD- the beach was awesome~ you could walk an hour in either direction from this resort. The shoreline was not rocky and you didn't encounter problems when in the water either. They raked the seaweed off the beach daily. Never had to worry about a chair. Yes, people saved chairs but there were enough to go around. And, the resort was at full capacity. We also enjoyed the Brazilian restaurant. It had the best food, by far. Once you attempted to get to know an employee and ask them about their family and where they were from - they were really friendly! We met bartenders, waiters, and waitresses that all greeted us with smiles on a daily basis. But, it took us initiating a friendlier relationship with them.

THE BAD- the front desk staff needs to work on their customer service skills. As people have pointed out, they are not completely honest. They say whatever they think you want to hear to get rid of you. Do not fall for the "come back at a different time". They are just hoping you don't want to deal with it after awhile. Unforturnately, they are your first impression. And, our trip didn't start off that great due to a dishonest front staff person. But, the week got better as we got settled into an acceptable room with everything working and we didn't have to deal with them again. This resort is huge - too big for our liking. Sometimes it took 20 minutes to get back to your room sometimes longer as we easily got lost.

THE UGLY- After traveling to the Caribbean annually for over 10 years, I have never had to deal with a room that isn't fit to sleep in. Our first room could have been called "the roach motel". We had critters the first night and didn't sleep much as we stayed awake to keep the insects away. The next morning, we requested a room change. Instead of them apologizing for the inconvenience, the "wonderful" front desk staff was more than annoyed with our request. They had to go out of their way to get us a new room. Not the customer service one expects when staying at a resort. This place needs to send its employees to customer service training!! Later in the week, we were in one of the hotel gift shops and on the shelves they sold "roach spray". Obviously, roach sightings are not uncommon if they are selling spray to their guests. Maybe, they should invest in spraying the property on their own instead of their guests having to kill them on their own. I believe you have a lesser chance of seeing these critters if your room isn't on the main floor. Good luck in getting a more desirable room!!

But, roaches, crabby front desk staff and average food aside - we were there for the warm weather and the beach and we thoroughly enjoyed that aspect. Would I go back - no.

Room Tip: Do not stay in a ground level room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple