“Great day!”

and up
Private Fishing Charter in Punta Cana
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: When you are ready to experience fishing in the Caribbean then you are ready for a Punta Cana sport fishing trip for marlin, tuna, dolphin, wahoo, and other big game sport fish in the fun and sun of the Island of the Dominican Republic.
Reviewed 19 February 2015

We totally enjoyed our fishing excursion - even though the fish were not co-operative. The Captain and crew did a super job. We saw whales blowing and a beautiful rainbow. Our pick up was prompt and quick to the charter place. We will not hesitate to go again next time we are in Punta Cana. I will say that it is not advisable to go with a hangover as some of the other people did. All around super time.

Reviewed 21 October 2014

Had a lot of fun on this charter. Caught 13 mahi mahi, a barracuda, and a yellow finned tuna. Brought my 6 year old son and he had a blast.

1  Thank Trent R
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Not sure what happened between the first three reviews of this place (which I based my selection of this outfitter on), and the nightmare experience we had. We were told, and it was in writing, that the maximum capacity of the boat of was fishermen and 2 spectators, or 7 altogether. Our boat had 12 people, 10 of whom were fishing. We never saw the captain, but the fishing guide/crew could not speak English (which we were assured beforehand that he could). He baited some lines, threw them in, we trolled, and that was our fishing experience. We didn't catch anything, which I realize is out of their control, but even if we had, TEN PEOPLE! Really? Who would get to real in the fish if we had hooked one. There wasn't even space for everyone at the back of the boat where the rigs were. There were 4 people who never left the cabin because there wasn't anywhere else to go on the boat. We watched our guide get a bag of chips and a drink, but I guess we were on our own to help ourselves to the meat sandwiches that were in sandwich bags, baking in the sun, and soggy with condensation. Even though there were people speaking three different languages aboard, and not bilingual, it was clear from the looks on people's faces that they were miserable. So we all agreed to ask to return to shore after about 2 1/2 hours rather than suffer the conditions of the crowded boat, and no prospect of reeling in a fish.

8  Thank Sherry A
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Hello Everyone,

We are a couple from Canada who took a big risk and booked with First Class Fishing with no references or knowledge of the company. I was nervous about how it would play out but we were pleasantly surprised at the professionalism and experience we received. We were checked in by one of the owners named Chris who was funny, intelligent and who spoke perfect English. We were put on a boat that was in great clean condition, with top of the line equipment and a fantastic Captain and crew. We did the private four hour tour and we felt we definitely received our money's worth. I can not praise this company enough as they gave us a wonderful experience that we will always cherish. The shop also has lots of gifts, cigars (actual cigars that aren't wrapped in newspapers and are in a humidifier room) and paintings to purchase (at set prices which is always a nice change from the haggling at other shops) with two very pleasant women. They were very generous and gave us a small gift as it was my boyfriend's birthday that day. All around an excellent experience and I highly recommend this company! We will be back again!

1  Thank Meghan T
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Hi everyone im from Canada and I go down to Dominican Republic every 3 to 4 months to FISH! I stumbled across this place a few years ago and fell head over heals. To begin describing this place I have to talk about the staff, owned by two men one spanish gentleman that is more behide the scenes but very pleasent and a dominican man that exudes class and kindness. Ran by a man named Chris also a native Dominican that has defenatly found his calling, Chris has been taking care of customers at First Class Fishing for many years and it shows,not sure his last name but think its VIP cause that what they do!! This is a place that you will find yourself coming back for more, no pressure in anyway, value for every dime spent, apreciation in everyway. This company takes no short cut they employe 3 out of the 5 best Captians on the island, even there helpers are amazing fisherman with many years of expieriance and it shows. Equipement is top of the line always updated(hard to find on this island)these men catch fish!! well planned trips food,drinks ect....... everything is included and more. Can not say enough about this place wish there were other excursions like this!! Oh almost forgot they speak 6 languages perfect!! So than again to Chris and Victor see ya soon Trevor

2  Thank 99Trevor