“Amazing margaritas & best nachos I have ever tasted.”
Review of Onno's Bavaro

Onno's Bavaro
Ranked #11 of 431 Restaurants in Punta Cana
Price range: US$4 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Onno's Bavaro is part of the highly successful chain of Onno's across the Dominican Republic. Our moto is Eat Drink Party, which pretty much sums it up! Located on the beautiful bavaro beach, the location is perfect for eating, drinking and/or partying. We have a full menu for all tastes, and DJ and live music for your entertainment!
Reviewed 7 February 2022

Came here on our last night for a change from the resort food and we absolutely loved it. The nachos/tacos/quesadilla were some of the best I have ever tasted. The grande margarita was also delicious. Fun atmosphere with good tunes to just sit and enjoy while listening to the waves crash.

Date of visit: January 2022
Write a reviewReviews (504)

Reviewed 5 February 2022 via mobile

I had dinner at Onno recently and I really liked the place, food and atmosphere. But the best part was the awesome customer service delivered from Jacqueline. She was nice, with such a bubbly personality and delivered an outstanding customer service. Thank you Jacqueline for making my night. Onno is lucky having you.

Reviewed 4 February 2022 via mobile

We always eat here a couple time during our vacation. Food is always good. I love their mojitos! I can't wait to come back. The servers are pros!
I miss the drink specials.

Reviewed 4 February 2022

Giving it a 2 star simply because the Chef outdid him/herself.

We ordered the tuna tartare (came with no chips, then saw the same waitress deliver it to someone else with chips, had to end up ordering tostones and paying extra to have something to eat the tartare with). However it was great on its own. Also ordered the wings and pork belly tacos which were delicious.

On the other hand, the drinks were horrendous. First I ordered a big margarita for me and my girl and the margarita comes out tasting like pure ice and cheap liquor. I then ask for it to be fixed with a bit more strawberry flavoring since it was too watery and all they did was pour strawberry syrup on top and served it right back to me. I then asked to send it back in exchange for a beer and a different drink for my girl, the waitress demanded we pay for the margarita and left it on the table until they saw our bill would be big enough (we ordered extra food) then she tells me the drink was removed from the bill like a favor was done to me. The drink my girl got was a mai tai and it was bad as well (tasted like straight amaretto) but at that point was better than the watery margarita, the beer was good because it was not tampered with.

Lastly, the service was terrible. But it seemed like it was only terrible for us in particular. In addition to waiting almost 10 minutes to be given a menu, I saw us constantly having to flag the waitress to be attended while i saw her checking up on everyone else. There was also a manager there checking up on everyone else but us, oh well.

To their defense, they did seem short staffed and I noticed the 2 waitresses were the ones also behind the bar so that could explain the horrible drinks. However, after always visiting this place when i come to out here every year, I wont be coming back again. Too many fire spots out in Bavaro to be putting up with mediocre drinks and treatment.

Date of visit: February 2022
Reviewed 1 February 2022

The best chicken wings I have ever tasted!

After an awful experience at our hotel we were so thankful to find this place.

Amazing service, great food and friendly atmosphere!

Amazing staff, brilliant chefs, amazing waitresses and brilliant bar service.

My daughter loved it here, thank you :)

Date of visit: February 2022